Strange Idols?

Discussion in 'Activities' started by JoyBoy, Aug 8, 2019.

1. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Strange Idol Contest

These little guys are back, they're very strange, things. What's their origin story? Where did they come from? What's their purpose? I dunno, but everyone has their own speculations. What do you think is there purpose? Let's find out!

Details

So here's the deal, I would like the most creative, funny, horror, story you can come up with for these strange little idols. Right now all I can guarantee for prizes are the entry charges which will be covered in rules, I will be taking donations to make the pot bigger over time, the contest will run until the hunt is over.

Rules

1. One chibi per entry
    2. One story per participant
    3. You can vote as many times as you'd like by liking the story of your choice, whoever has the most votes by the end of the hunt wins!
    4. You cannot vote for your own story
    5. Contest will be running from the time this goes up until the end of the hunt
    6. Have fun!

Prize Pool Details

I will update the list of the prize pool or at least try to every few hours. Once the contest concludes the votes will be combed over and the post with the most vote wins and will be messaged. Donations do not guarantee "extra entries".

P.S. Please have fun with these!

DeniseCall, Fae449, AmeIia and 3 others like this.
  2. I don't feel super creative these days (yay, depression) but I will send some stuff to donate to the prize pot. :)

JoyBoy likes this.
  3. Prize Pool

1. Tempura Set Bento Box
    2. "Wonderland Woods" Walls
    3. Bone Spider
    4. Crystal Ball

Donators

1. Sherily

4. This is actually not a bad idea..

Sherily and JoyBoy like this.
  5. 🗣 WRITE ME A STORY, PAPI

6. I wish they did the pvp story with the strange idols again. That was one of my favs. ☹

Excited to read these though

LadyFeyre, Angee and Sherily like this.
  7. Would have been cool if this hunt was PvP too!

Victoria, Angee and JoyBoy like this.
  8. Prize Pool

1. Tempura Set Bento Box
    3. Bone Spider
    4. Crystal Ball
    5. Anime Buttons

Donators

1. Sherily
    2. Thursday

9. For many years the natives of the small island of Helinua had no need to protect themselves. Until one day a group of hunters saw giant ships over the horizon. The tribes elderly mage proposed an idea. He gathered feathers of a bird hatchling, legs of a giant fly, the shell of a burnt beetle, and most importantly a human bone to make a small idol.

You see this tribe had a belief that a person's spirit could go wherever the body was. By using bone the mage hoped that the spirit would drive away any invaders.

When the ship did come they were intrigued by the small idol. The mage happily gave to them and they were never seen again.

However, people began to desire the small idol. People started to recreate the idol but did not follow the proper steps to make one. This angered the spirit of the first idol. Calling up all the others spirits they made a plan.

Over time people began to notice strange things, like the idol moving by itself or falling into a fire and not burning. Even if they gave the idol to someone else it would reappear.

The only solution people found that work was burying the idol in a locked box and not going where it was buried for three days.

Recently the small idols have started to be uncovered along with the spirits that controlled them.

10. Prize Pool

1. Tempura Set Bento Box ×2
    3. Bone Spider
    4. Crystal Ball
    5. Anime Buttons
    6. Serpentpuff Poster ×2

Donators

1. Sherily
    2. Thursday
    3. ParanoidPrincess

11. The year was 1873. On the first day of fall in the town of Beazle, a strange man and woman strolled in. No one knew where they had come from which caught the attention of all. They bought the haunted abandoned mansion that sat on the highest hill overlooking the town. The man and woman were only seen on rare occasions. Anytime one of them left the house, they were seen clutching the same small figurine. It was believed by the citizens of Beazle that the couple must be related to the old founders of town due to their striking resemblance to the late Mr. and Mrs. Whittington. The Whittingtons had disappeared without a trace 75 years prior and their mansion on the hill was dormant ever since. Their remains were never found, but the town thought after years of searching for their beloved founding parents, surely they had passed. On the first day of winter, a blizzard swept throughout Beazle. This was the first snow in 75 years... the last snowstorm was the night the Whittingtons vanished. The mansion on the hill caught on fire, casting an orange glow over the white snow covered town below. Once the snow stopped falling and the fire stopped burning, town goers trekked up the hill. The mysterious man and woman who had shown up so suddenly just the season prior, must have been trapped inside and died in the blaze. Everyone noticed a small figurine sitting on the burnt front step. It was completely unharmed? No one could understand how it sat there uncovered- without any snow or ash. One of the popular men of the town walked over to it to pick it up. As he turned around, shock spread as quickly as the fire had. As he turned around, he had transformed into the mysterious man thought to have died in the fire. A startled wife screamed and grabbed the figurine from her husband. As her hands grasped the item, her appearance changed instantly. She threw it to the ground and everyone agreed the best course of action was to destroy the figurine. That day began a widespread terror across Beazle. Each time someone attempted to burn or break the figurine, another appeared randomly in the town. The numbers of figurines began to double. As more showed up, they realized more people in their town got sick and died. Eventually the town of Beazle died out. People were no match for the idol they found on the steps of the burned mansion. Rumor has it, you will still see the mysterious man and woman (young Mr. and Mrs. Whittington) roaming the town from afar. Just don’t get too close, or you might not make it back to tell the tale.

12. Prize Pool

1. Tempura Set Bento Box
    3. Bone Spider
    4. Crystal Ball
    5. Anime Buttons

Donors

1. Sherily
    2. Thursday
    Entrants

1. Cheyy_Lexx
    2. Pinkiepie2010

13. They are bait.

If you worship them, you die.

That is all. Don't worship idols or else.

Dammie8 and Muschi like this.
  14. I’m not good at writing, but this is a nice idea for a contest.

15. Prize Pool

1. Tempura Set Bento Box
    3. Bone Spider
    4. Crystal Ball
    5. Anime Buttons
    6. Custard Cookie Eggs
    7. Art Deco Teacup

Donors

1. Sherily
    2. Thursday
    3. 010010100110000101111001
    Entrants

1. Cheyy_Lexx
    2. Pinkiepie2010

16. Prize Pool

3. Bone Spider
    4. Crystal Ball
    5. Anime Buttons
    6. Serpentpuff Poster ×2
    7. Custard Cookie Eggs
    8. Art Deco Teacup

Donors

1. Sherily
    2. Thursday
    3. ParanoidPrincess
    4. 010010100110000101111001
    Entrants

1. Cheyy_Lexx
    2. Pinkiepie2010

17. Prize Pool

3. Bone Spider
    4. Crystal Ball
    5. Anime Buttons
    6. Serpentpuff Poster ×2
    7. Custard Cookie Eggs
    8. Art Deco Teacup
    9. Cursed Skullstand

Donors

1. Sherily
    2. Thursday
    3. ParanoidPrincess
    4. 010010100110000101111001
    Entrants

1. Cheyy_Lexx
    2. Pinkiepie2010

18. "Are you sure about this?" my companion Ryan breathed out, the fire from his torch casting shadows across his face and making the fear written plainly on his features look much more daunted.

It had been only a few days after the first uncovering of the abandoned temple my team had been working on for months-- months of backbreaking labor, cold, and the mental strain of cracking the code of the location of its entrance from the pages of an old journal my grandfather had possessed ever since way before my time.

Before he passed away, he had dedicated his whole life to finding the entrance to this temple, which many texts suggest to belong to an ancient people called the Kashnir: an advanced civilization of men and women who worshiped gods of death, cruelty, and wealth.

Its main chamber-- which my grandfather pointed out in one of his many journal entries-- house unimaginable artifacts and treasure, offerings made by the people thousands of years ago. One artifact, in particular, had piqued my interest, taken from legends surrounding the mysterious people of Kashnir: a mysterious idol said to bring fortune and good harvest.

My grandfather's last wish was for me to find it.

With the promise I gad made to him at his deathbed set in my mind, there was no turning back now.

"Yes, I'm sure," I said firmly, bringing my torch even higher to light the dark corridor which was set in front of us. A few things scuttled and slithered out of sight as I did so, shying away from the light.

I shuddered.

"Let's go."

▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎

Time, it seemed, was irrelevant inside the Kashnir Temple.

The deeper we went into the mountain, the slower the hands of our watches seemed to move until it finally came to a complete stop after a few hours of walking and retracing our steps whenever we would come across an empty room or a dead end.

Although we had not encountered any creatures or typical Tomb-Raider-style booby traps (much to Ryan's relief), slow footsteps would echo behind us every once in a while, the sound bouncing across the walls for an amount of time before we would decide to look back.

It was always right then that the footsteps would stop.

Nothing was ever there.

I didn't know if it has been minutes or hours or days after our watches had stopped that we finally came across a large door which spanned from the ceiling to the floor. Upon closer inspection, we noticed some strange engravings on the door which depicted scenes of harvest and worship, fortune and victory, misfortune and death.

So, so much death.

I traced my fingers over all of them, transfixed.

How is it that a people who were depicted to be so full of wealth and good fortune choose to worship gods of the opposite?

"Um," Ryan squeaked beside me, his voice laced with fear. "[Y/N]?"

I whipped my head to look at him, annoyed as I let my hand fall to my side. "What is it?" I asked and the world seemed to still as I heard it.

Footsteps--
    slow,
    loud,
    and
    getting closer.

Back then, they always seemed to keep a constant distance, the sound far enough not to bring about an intense fear but...

...always present,
    always lurking.

Now, it seemed to be coming for us.

Unfreezing myself, I grabbed at whatever groves my hand could find, our last torch so dim to the point that the many shadows it cast only made it harder to see much of anything. My colleague rushed to the other side of the door, clawing and slapping at whatever he could reach as the footsteps behind us got even closer,
    and closer,
    and closer.

By some miracle, a distant click resonated somewhere deep within the temple and the door slowly slid to the side, a mass of groans and churning rock as a thousand year old door opened for the first time after so many years of neglect.

We rushed in and the door turned to close itself once more as soon as we were safely inside, giving me a last glimpse of our abandoned torch on the other side before completely cloaking us in darkness.

"Ryan?" I called out, my voice raising an octave higher as I spun around with my arms out, trying to get a feel of where my companion might be at. It was only this time that the fear Ryan had felt during the start of our exploration had finally crawled into my skin and burrowed itself deep within my bones.

"Ryan?" I called out again and this time, a sob overtook my voice.

We were lost-- and probably trapped-- within a chamber of an unknown temple carved deep within a mountain; no ventilation, no light, and worse...

...no way out.

As if on cue, a warm breath tickled my ear and I whirled to that direction, my blood pumping furiously through my veins.

"Ryan?" I called out weakly. "Is that you?"

No response.

I was alone.

Squinting, I tried to look for a source of light-- anything-- I could maybe use to get out of this damned temple. My eyes had adjusted slightly to the darkness after a while, and I could make out a few outlines and shapes that occupied the chamber.

Suddenly, out of the corner of my vision, I spotted the small, weak glint of metal.

The idol, I thought to myself, and a new surge of hope ran through me as I blindly stumbled towards its location.

Nevermind the fact that there was absolutely no light to have caused the glint.

Nevermind the fact that it seemed to float in the air, while all the other artifacts were placed on what you assumed are pedestals or probably within the chest-like figures you could almost see scattered around the room.

And nevermind the fact that a strange, dark, claw-like hand seemed to reach out behind it from a different sort of darkness, beckoning you to come closer.

All that mattered was the idol.

The idol the idol the idol the idol the idol the idol the idol the idol the idol the idol the idol the idol the idol the idol the idol the idol the idol the idol the idol the idol the idol the idol the idol the idol the idol the idol the idol the idol the idol.

And that was the last thought in your mind as you stepped closer and closer to the artifact, your mind empty except for that single thing as a twisted and feral face bared its dark and broken teeth at you from the shadows in a grin, everything fading into complete darkness as you were broken and torn and made into everything but.

â– â– â– â– â– 

Somewhere deep within the Himalayas, the entrance of an abandoned temple sealed itself once more and the idol settled itself within its safety, dormant for a thousand more years until another sacrifice would again stumble into its keeper's grasp, their soul ready for harvest.

•••••

o wow that was long lmao
    hope ya'll enjoyed it!

19. Prize Pool

3. Bone Spider
    4. Crystal Ball
    5. Anime Buttons
    6. Serpentpuff Poster ×2
    7. Custard Cookie Eggs
    8. Art Deco Teacup