CONTEST Storytime: Camping Ghost Stories

Discussion in 'Contests' started by ATAMarceline, Jul 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. It looks like we've got a handful of new players who haven't had the chance to win some PIMD Crates! Don't worry, Marceline's gotchu.

This one's really simple so everyone has a shot.

For a chance to win 2 PIMD Crates and 1 extra for a favourite friend of your choice, simply tell us your best camping ghost story. Yes, it can totally be made up.

The top three spookiest, most creative and ORIGINAL stories will get the above prizes! Feel free to include the PIMD characters (Quinn, Molly, Alexa and JD) in your story if you so wish.

Contest ends Friday July 7th at noon PDT. Give us and your fellow players a good read (I'm talking r/nosleep)!

[​IMG]

2. You have and and in there twice, js.

3. The smiling man

About five years ago I lived downtown in a major city in the US. I've always been a night person, so I would often find myself bored after my roommate, who was decidedly not a night person, went to sleep. To pass the time, I used to go for long walks and spend the time thinking.

I spent four years like that, walking alone at night, and never once had a reason to feel afraid. I always used to joke with my roommate that even the drug dealers in the city were polite. But all of that changed in just a few minutes of one evening.

It was a Wednesday, somewhere between one and two in the morning, and I was walking near a police patrolled park quite a ways from my apartment. It was a quiet night, even for a week night, with very little traffic and almost no one on foot. The park, as it was most nights, was completely empty.

I turned down a short side street in order to loop back to my apartment when I first noticed him. At the far end of the street, on my side, was the silhouette of a man, dancing. It was a strange dance, similar to a waltz, but he finished each "box" with an odd forward stride. I guess you could say he was dance-walking, headed straight for me.

Deciding he was probably drunk, I stepped as close as I could to the road to give him the majority of the sidewalk to pass me by. The closer he got, the more I realized how gracefully he was moving. He was very tall and lanky, and wearing an old suit. He danced closer still, until I could make out his face. His eyes were open wide and wild, head tilted back slightly, looking off at the sky. His mouth was formed in a painfully wide cartoon of a smile. Between the eyes and the smile, I decided to cross the street before he danced any closer.

I took my eyes off of him to cross the empty street. As I reached the other side, I glanced back... and then stopped dead in my tracks. He had stopped dancing and was standing with one foot in the street, perfectly parallel to me. He was facing me but still looking skyward. Smile still wide on his lips.

I was completely and utterly unnerved by this. I started walking again, but kept my eyes on the man. He didn't move. Once I had put about half a block between us, I turned away from him for a moment to watch the sidewalk in front of me. The street and sidewalk ahead of me were completely empty. Still unnerved, I looked back to where he had been standing to find him gone. For the briefest of moments I felt relieved, until I noticed him. He had crossed the street, and was now slightly crouched down. I couldn't tell for sure due to the distance and the shadows, but I was certain he was facing me. I had looked away from him for no more than 10 seconds, so it was clear that he had moved fast.

I was so shocked that I stood there for some time, staring at him. And then he started moving toward me again. He took giant, exaggerated tip toed steps, as if he were a cartoon character sneaking up on someone. Except he was moving very, very quickly.

I'd like to say at this point I ran away or pulled out my pepper spray or my cellphone or anything at all, but I didn't. I just stood there, completely frozen as the smiling man crept toward me.

And then he stopped again, about a car length away from me. Still smiling his smile, still looking to the sky.

When I finally found my voice, I blurted out the first thing that came to mind. What I meant to ask was, "What the fuck do you want?!" in an angry, commanding tone. What came out was a whimper, "What the fuu…?"

Regardless of whether or not humans can smell fear, they can certainly hear it. I heard it in my own voice, and that only made me more afraid. But he didn't react to it at all. He just stood there, smiling.

And then, after what felt like forever, he turned around, very slowly, and started dance-walking away. Just like that. Not wanting to turn my back to him again, I just watched him go, until he was far enough away to almost be out of sight. And then I realized something. He wasn't moving away anymore, nor was he dancing. I watched in horror as the distant shape of him grew larger and larger. He was coming back my way. And this time he was running.

I ran too.

I ran until I was off of the side road and back onto a better lit road with sparse traffic. Looking behind me then, he was nowhere to be found. The rest of the way home, I kept glancing over my shoulder, always expecting to see his stupid smile, but he was never there.

I lived in that city for six months after that night, and I never went out for another walk. There was something about his face that always haunted me. He didn't look drunk, he didn't look high. He looked completely and utterly insane. And that's a very, very scary thing to see.

4. Duplicate

5. Geez that's a long story ?^

6. :lol:

7. Day 203:
    Internet still doesn't work.



8. LMAO HAHAHA 

9. McNuggets never existing! :eek:o

11. When I went camping by myself I left my phone on a log while I went to go get branches to start a fire and when I came back I turned on my phone and opened up pimd to see my 500b that I saved gone. There was no sign of me being farmed or anything...it was just gone... .

;( scary

12. Angeltu, that's not your own story :/ look up smiling man on YouTube and you will find a video literally with the same things happening

13. The Chandelier

It was the summer of 1936 and there was a brother and sister, they were only 9 years old, they had moved to a new town into a very large house. One night shortly after they had moved in they were playing tag in the main area underneath a very large chandelier. The boy tagged his sister and his sister started to have a screaming fit, and she was jumping up and down and stomping her feet, her brother tried to calm her down. But then something bad happened, they hadn't noticed that the chandelier was shaking and had been loose, it fell on top of both children and crushed them.

20 years later a family with 2 children moved into the same house after it had been abandoned, the house had been restored and the chandelier was hanging again, the 2 children were playing tag in the main area underneath the chandelier, when they both hear a young girl having a fit, the children's parents heard it too and came down the stairs thinking that it was there daughter, the next thing they saw was the chandelier coming off the ceiling and the parents pulled the children out of the way, just as the chandelier hit the ground. The family packed their things and left the house right away.

The moral of the story is don't let your children play under chandeliers.

15. Pet of the Big Black Guy

Every one of us have a childhood memory that we will never forget.Some are terrifying but will leave a good lesson for a lifetime. Here's how mine goes.

When I was young our house is beside a small lake with trees all around and alot grass in the sides. It's like a mini forest.Me and my beloved friends and siblings experienced alot of unusual happening on this place but there's this worst thing that happened to me and my family.

My uncle JD usually loves hunting and camping, as a kid seeing how the elderly do it is kinda amazing so I would follow him wherever he go. And there's my one favorite thing that we do. We usually pitch a tent in the forest and He will left a bird trap in a big tree beside the small river coming from that small lake, and every afternoon, I would check it and see if we catch anything. And every so often a wild chicken usually gets trapped on it. Usually hunters will cook whatever they catch from the forest,but for me and my brother we take care of them and we make them our pets. So have a couple of them in a big cage. And that's when the bad things started to happen.

At home My dad got drunk and got wild I don't remember the exact details coz I was just a kid. And because of that and some other reasons my mom got very sick. She's like not responding to anything and anyone. like she's completely blacked out. So my dad and my grandma brought her to the hospital. So me, my uncle, my cousin, my brother and other siblings are the only ones left at home. And the sad part is it was Christmas. For me my problem started at Christmas or a day before that. Some watery small sores around my right eye started to appear. And they started getting bigger and bigger when days passed by. My uncle who's the one looking for us since my mom and dad are not there, is starting to get worried so he told my dad about it and the next day he brought me to the hospital where my mom was confined too. Doctors are like extracting waters or whatever they trying to get from the sores around my right eye. And a litter of antibiotic is tubed into my right arm and another tube for a dextrose. Im like Im gonna die because of the injections and all. It's getting worst everyday the sores are getting watery like it looks like my right face is decomposing or what I can't explain and even the doctors can't.

My dad is getting frustrated of the happenings he signed a paper from the hospital and sent me home they called a quack doctor and checked on me. The quack doctor said that we have caged pets of a big black guy from a big tree, that's why he's so mad at me and he made me ill. We didn't believe it at first but we have to do all the things that are possibly reasons of the delimas that we are experiencing. So we let go of those wild chickens and made food sacrifice beside the big tree at out backyard. My whole right face is so getting worst everyday I cant even look at the mirror because Im scared to look at my face. If you saw a decomposing animal before? Thats what my face looked like. But while we continue the food sacrifice and we stopped hunting I started getting better and my mom too.

So I started believing about people in the forest that are not like us who owns everything in it. And specially that big black guy at that big tree.

Up until now I love camping and everything in the forest but Im gonna respect whatever is in it coz I know that we don't own it.

This is based on my experience and I hope we all respect nature and whatever is on it. Specially when we go camping make sure to clean your mess before leaving and please stop hunting  Thanks you for reading 

16. I meant Thank you 

17. When I was young I used to stay at my grandparents house, they had a walk-in attic which I was absolutely petrified of … and of course I had to sleep in the room just past the walk-in attic. The house was out in the countryside, it was so quiet you could always hear if anyone else was still up.

I used to have real trouble getting to sleep and would often wake up in the middle of the night afraid to move so I would just lie still. One night about 3:00-4:00 A.M. I woke up and I was feeling brave, I was going to get over this stupid fear of the dark… so I whispered under my breath “If anything is there please tell me” almost instantly there was two large knocks on my bedroom door. I never asked again

18. How stupid can you be. Even if you hadn't been caught, do you really think the apes are not gonna put this bs into a plagiarism checker first??

19. Storys about me :D aww so sweet!

20. The Stranger

Everything that day had been normal, I walked down the street to my favorite coffee shop, ordered the same thing I do everyday, even sat in the same window seat. I had sat their for an hour or so sipping my coffee and nibbling at my blueberry muffin. Then I walked across the street to my art studio to work on the same painting I had for a month now. I stayed there for hours until dinner time then I walked back to my one bedroom apartment to make a microwave meal. I had eaten then went to the park for my nightly stroll. Normally there was no one in the park at this time, even though it was only 9 at night, I enjoyed the peace and quiet for I wasn't much of a talkative person. Tonight was like all the others, no one in sight. I walked on for a ways before sitting on a bench near a central pond in the park, again no one was around. A street lamp above me flickered as I pulled out my sketchbook and began to draw in it, but soon my night was disrupted but an unknown figure... Out of no where a silhouette of a man appeared in a darker park of the park, the yellow light still flickered above me as I looked up from my sketchbook noticing the stranger. He was just standing there and appeared to be looking at the stars, but he quickly turned looking straight at me. From what I could make out me was grinning a big Cheshire cat grin, and he was wearing sunglasses. The man started walking toward me with a heavy limp and when I looked at his leg it appeared to be mangled and twisted, I scooped up my sketch book turning away from the figure for a minute. Upon standing up I looked back to where I had seen the man, but he was gone. I looked all around me not seeing him anywhere, so I decided I'd better head home. I started walking in the direction I had come from, I walked for a few minutes before noticing the guy again and like before he was heading straight towards me. This time faster more of a jog than a walk, I froze not knowing what to do, my voice not working. As he got closer his smiling face burning into my brain by now, I unfreeze and started walking briskly away from him. Again I turned away from him and when I looked back he was gone. I got out of the park quickly and was almost home when I noticed a figure sprinting at me from down the street, it was an awkward sprint due to his limp but he was coming towards me quickly. I reach my my apartment and ran up on flight of stairs to apartment B4, I fumbled with my key before unlocking the door. I could here the man opening and shutting the door into the building, I went into my apartment and slammed the door behind me locking the deadbolt. I stood there a moment with my back pressed against the door, listening for the man. Twenty minutes later, about 10 o'clock I heard him again. But this time the noise was coming from inside the apartment.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.