Sounds of the day

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by NurseBecky, May 20, 2020.

1. I wish I would have thought of this earlier since a lot of us have been stuck at home for quite awhile now, but here it is now.

I see people occasionally request music suggestions from people and I like seeing what other people are into, as well as being introduced to things I’ve never heard before.

So I’ll be posting one song a day, most likely the song I choose to start my day with, depending on my mood. And I hope others will leave their song of the day as well 🙃

Muschi and Kefo like this.
  2. Today my morning is starting with this little number

Chillex and Kefo like this.
  3. Looking forward to the new music

4. As I’m typing this I have this song stuck in my head

NurseBecky and Muschi like this.
  5. I love this song.

Maddi_Matsu likes this.
  6. I was in an RnB mood and have been listening to this all morning. It used to be one of my favourites as a kid which sounds inappropriate but I didn't know what the lyrics meant 🤷‍♀️

NurseBecky likes this.
  7. I never saw the music video before. Old music videos were so boring

Maddi_Matsu likes this.
  8. I kind of like this one tbh as I think it fits the song. There are a lot of older music videos that are more interesting though.

WhoTfIsWesday likes this.
  9. Different tastes ig. I can't think of a single older music video that I like

10. Todayyyy isssss

11. I remember singing along with Chingy and Ludacris songs as a kid, not having a clue what any of that shit meant 😂

12. Good quarantine song

NurseBecky likes this.
  13. I like twenty one pilots, I don’t think there’s much they’ve done I didn’t like

Maddi_Matsu likes this.
  14. I've enjoyed these songs for a while, and the artist is one of my favourite rappers. He got a lot of recognition for one song called "The Waitress Song".
    It's smooth and easy listening and tells an entertaining and romantic story about a waitress he likes at a Cafe he goes to.

Many people were invested in the story told in the song and wondered what happened to the waitress. His fame, in part, was due to his position and this relatable yet sweet relationship.

A few years after it went viral, he released a follow up song that sort of tells the conclusion.

Both are bops and tell an interesting romance story that I have a vivid picture of in my mind, and which I am thankful for.

I've heard that Taylor Swift's songs are similar in that they can be listened to in an order that sort of tracks her relationships and that's sort of fun. But this is just 2 songs and I feel they're so short and sweet that you don't have to get overly invested to have the benefits so I hope you enjoy.

NurseBecky likes this.

15. Anyone who comes to know me will learn that I have an almost gross obsession with Tash Sultana. I listen to her EVERYDAY. And I’ve definitely cried watching her live. It’s fine.

16. Still my current favourite song. Jack disguising existential crisis as coffee addiction to a children's tune. Too good.

NurseBecky likes this.

17. I used to love this song when I was smaller, I first heard it when I played it on rockband on my psp.

NurseBecky likes this.
  18. This is one of my favorite songs, I prefer the acoustic personally because it’s more upbeat but here’s both versions

the acoustic:

and the regular version: