Silver Nitrate

Discussion in 'Other PIMD Discussion' started by WhoTfIsWesday, May 30, 2019.

1. I had a friend who used those once and he went to change it out and blood just came rushing from his nose. He ended up having to go to an ER because that’s not supposed to happen.

On a brighter note he freaked a fellow student out by starting at them dead in the eye, rolling his eyes back and making growling noises when his nose started bleeding. It was very funny and the kid almost passed out from fear.

2. i was going to say the same thing!

3. My mother always used to apply a silver nitrate ointment on my cuts whenever I got injured :") It heals up cuts really fast

4. I’ve never heard of this ? But that’s super cool

5. Commonly used in photography as well.

6. The title of this thread is silver nitrate not cuts at work

7. Your mother is a genius living in the future then. Most ppl in Canada use some ointment and a band-aid and then wait.

8. Um. I didn't say it had to be at work? I was asking what silver nitrate would do to a nosebleed since nosebleeds are not cuts smh you're dense

9. ... Most nosebleeds are caused by little wounds inside of the nose. A cut or an open wound, it doesn't matter. The silver nitrate is gonna help the blood congeal or whatever and the scab's gonna slow and prevent bleeding.

I thought this was all covered.

Regardless, still doesn't have to be related to cuts. She was sharing her experience with silver nitrate.

10. 1. Nosebleeds are almost never caused by wounds. The membranes are sensitive and usually bleed from drying out from dry air, from taking blood thinners, certain drugs, allergies, etc.

2. I never told her she couldn't relate her experience. I was asking a simple question. You're trying to start an argument over a completely normal comment that you, and you alone, took offense to. It wasn't even directed at you, so...

11. So they dry out and then blood permaeates it like soem sort of semipermeable membrane?

No. They dry and then crack leaving a small slit or a gap of soem kind a wound by definition from which blood can flow.

Hwo tf blood gonna leave your skin and you not call it a wound?

12. Good old polysporin.

Apparently I've been pronouncing it wrong for years.

13. It's not the same sort of wound that would require silver nitrate :roll: it's a tiny membrane.

Just admit that you misunderstood what I said, got offended over nothing and move on

14. How's it supposed to be pronounced?

15. It's just a lot of little cuts not just one.

16. Poly-spore-in

I've always said poly-spore-een

17. polysporin sounds like something we have here called betadine

18. My mom didn't even put polysporin on it. Usually just a band-aid, or maybe some of that bactine in a spray bottle if it was particularly nasty (which stung like a bıtch, at least to like 6-year-old me).

19. Idk what bactine is.