Should build mechanics be changed?

Discussion in 'Questions/Feedback' started by Benzophenone, Jun 17, 2019.

1. Intel build vs Str builds: a discussion

Sorry even builds, your time will come

This is a continuation of a converstaion that I had in Pub. In sfw, the differences between str builds and intel builds make the intel build not viable for long term sfw. For the basics between the two builds, see here.

What makes the strength build the most common build in sfw?
    • Damage done by fight outside of strips
    • Less vulnerable to strips
    • Damage done by fight during strips

What makes an intel build less viable during sfw?
    • Dance disappointment during strips
    • Requiring you to decide between pinning and plunder
    • Intel vulnerability

What do you mean?

Well, fights when not stripping are able to make money, take money, and do damage to a target's energy. It is the perfect attack. Also, strength builds require the fewest amount of hits to pin. This means that if you're stripped, you're able to be hit fewer times (you're dtw more often). And lastly, fights take the most amount of money, making it the most damaging attack option when stripping someone.
    Because I know Forumers hate walls of text:

Conversely, intel builds are required to choose between pinning with prank (a super efficient pinning method that takes 0 money) or make money with dance (only effective if you're high energy, but also uses the most amount of energy of all types of attacks and does vastly less damage than fight). When dancing, they take very little money compared to fight, which means they aren't effectively able to strip targets. And what I find to be the most damning attribute is the fact that they are meat shields. While some people may enjoy the meat-shield attribute to the intel build, when you're stripped, the ability to take 75-ish hits from full to get to dtw means you'll be losing a lot of money.

In essence, strength builds are able to do more damage while mitigating the damage done to them, while intel builds are limited on their damage output while being highly vulnerable to strips. So, people of forums, if it were possible, how would you change the current mechanics to allow for viability for intel builds?

Ideas I've heard of/thought of so far:
    • Nerfing prank to not be as effective while increasing the damage done by dance. In addition, changing how many hits it takes for an intel build to go dtw.
    • Nerfing the effectiveness of str builds/fights
    • Buffing dance, but not nearly to fight levels, while leaving prank alone.
    • Doing nothing

Things to think of:
    • The change can't make intel overpowered. I know the intel build has been put down a lot, but this is not a means for the intel uprising.
    • Changes to the str build are less likely than those of the intel build. It's easier to convince someone to buff the intel vs nerfing the str build, especially with the majority of PIMD being str builds.
    • No change is boring and doesn't allow for competition/variation in builds. I'm a strength build and I still support an intel fix.
    Discuss your opinions below:

P.S.: This is really for sfw only. System wars have their own pros and cons with the builds.
    P.P.S: For Jordy: Enjoy your Chris Pratt gif.

2. I actually like walls of text. ?

3. Same, we stan

I'll read this in a bit Benzo, seems like it would be a good read but I know already I'm gonna be disappointed with you saying my intel build is useless in the current state :(

4. There's a solid wall right in the middle. Not too thicc, not too thin. The goldilocks of walls.

5. SMH you had me having a mini crisis. I was like I didn't write that last line??? This is a mod abuse of power smh

edit: AND NOW YOU DELETED IT SUEJEHDJ

6. The buttons are so close!!

7. It's not useeelesssss, just less effective. Tbf, you at least have some str.

8. I was doing an even build and then decided when I started putting in 1T dormies to go intel. But still not aiming for a pure intel build I don't think

9. Nicely laid out thread.
    I support buffing Intel builds.
    I see the potential benefits to my ocd build ?

10. How would you buff them?

11. Walls of text are so much reading ? And as an even build I’m sad I’m not in this

12. Intels play a huge part in helping keep fellow club members pinned if a strip on one of their members is caught. Keeping that member pinned till they can get on to hide their cash.
    You'll find majority of Intel builds are the ones doing the tracking of activity and pin times on their targets.
    Yes this is something any build can do granted, but most commonly I'd find an Intel build doing these sorts of things. (myself personally included)
    As an Intel pure and from my own personal experience in sfw this far into pimds lifetime. Sfws have become majority of players sitting around in cat clubs self pinning and only hitting when they feel like it. Sfw has become very lazy for most participants where intels can play a great role in disrupting this new lifestyle players have adopted in sfws.

Prank pinning the sp fairies in sfw stops money flow and forces players to either stay online and sp 24/7 or otherwise waste dns on trying to make up for lost hits.
    Ripple effect this into loss of cash flow and more resources being spent on trying to party for hunt items and possibly strip funds.
    Intels are far from ineffective in sfws and play major roles in protecting and pinning key targets.
    You know who's stripped and is hitting your member? you prank pin and halt hits on your member by keeping your enemies pinned with the ease of pranks.
    Protection, disruption and tracking are key roles for intels in sfw.

A lot may disagree, but you'll find players cease firing quicker if they're pinned 24/7 with yet again the ease of pranks. A single Intel can spend a lot less and have multiple targets pinned at once. Where strengths may have higher damaging hits that take cash. Intels can frustrate and disrupt an enemies playstyle rendering them next to useless.
    Keeping them pinned and making partying a nightmare. Practically making them ineffective in sfw as hitting from pin is pointless (ease of pranks ;))
    Protecting their own and disrupting strippers and stopping their hits.

I could go on forever. Intels play a key and very massive role in sfws. Yes taking and destroying enemies cash is important, but each build serves an important role in sfw. Highlighting str with zero regard to any benifit to being Intel is misguided and should be corrected.

13. Forgot to add that there is no change or buffs needed for intels as each build comes with it's own advantages and disadvantages.
    Intel is fine as is and I'd have it no other way. Becoming an Intel is by choice and if going into sfw you should know and understand your builds roles and functions. Especially if Intel know that it won't be easy on your tutors.

14. Following with my rs said , I'm an Intel and have been in sfw roughly for three years total now. While in club v club sfw , it's all about team play. You have to think what is best for entire club, an Intel is a great team player! You can pin opponents in half an unload and keep them pinned while you are still able to get back to full energy.

And to choose between plunder and pin , there is no need. To get the most plunder you hit from full. So when hitting opponents your first two hits should be dance , then prank the rest till pin.

Yes , Intel's are most vulnerable to strip's ( I honestly only laugh cause my oppo cant strip worth a damn) but you'll find most Intel's in long term sfw wont be building tb but more focused on raw stats and misc.

Personally I feel the Intel is a very dominant force when comes to sfw, you just have to simply know how to use it.

15. I'm not about teaching anyone sfw game mechanics , strategies , or tactics... With that said...
    I agree with my club mates... U need to first of all understand the complexities of sfw and learn how to properly use various builds... All builds have their pros and cons whether it be in system wars or simple farming.

PIRATECODE-_A_-TTITUDE

16. Very well stated by the Ascension members. The best part of sfw is working together as a team, which takes both builds. I would be sad if it were adjusted to where everyone can do basically the same things. It would take the gaming aspect out of the game, and make it all about who buys more notes and self pins the most.

-_A_-Twistzz likes this.
  17. Ever since the unintended nerf on intels where plunder on a party was made to not decrease with energy, I've considered intels weakened.

Yes, you could technically prank pin someone hitting a cat Cafe, hurting cash flow, potentially requiring them to sp 24/7...but this requires:
    • you also be on 24/7 to pin them if they don't sp
    • only affects them hard if they're in a cc club. If I'm pinned from ppotd, but my cash is safe, I'm really not bothered.
    You can pin me all day but you're still open at night.

The idea that intels do the tracking is silly bc anyone can.

I'll concede strip defence on team-mates, but I'd wish more on Intel than a glorified support tank.

18. Game mechanics DO NOT need to be changed. People need to research the pros and cons of each build and choose accordingly. I build my main strength and my alt intel.

19. You know theirs a reply button instead of editing my reply right?
    Oh nvm you fixed it lol.
    Intel is the predominant build in the pvp scene as it renders any of the other builds useless with the ease of being able to keep them pinned with minimal effort.