EVENT Roots & Branches

Discussion in 'Past Events' started by ATAMarceline, Nov 19, 2019.

1. im native American and this event looks cringy ๐Ÿ˜‚

2. Im part native and yea I do find this offensive and so do my friends who play this. We have a right to our opinions but if you want to take that away from us to... Let me guess youre one to think its okay to dress up as a Native for Halloween too huh

3. Looks like the character Thomas from the movie Smoke Signals. I think Kicking Bird (whom you are referring to) was based on the character of Thomas as well.

Remembered likes this.
  4. I find the avis offensive and how our culture is used in this sense when ancestors were killed kidnapped and white washed but by all means lets make my culture into hipsters for ur game

5. I just find it offensive that my culture is being made into hipster avis

6. Yes ignore how offensive it is to wrongfully promote a culture and use avis to whitewash us as hipsters

7. Im native and i think iys complete bs how the avis are white washed as hipsters. If ur going to portray my culture do it right

8. How are they whitewashed? Natives canโ€™t be doctors or play the guitar? How do you mean?

Quidditch, Carrie, LanaDelRey and 5 others like this.
  9. Will the bf hunt still be a week long ๐Ÿค”?

10. I'm part Native American myself, although I have admittedly never dressed up as one for Halloween. I am glad however to say that unlike you I have never used that as an excuse to be rude to the developers and players of this game. This is representative of a certain tribe, and just because it does not represent yours does not make it offensive. But you're right, how dare they make a hunt to raise awareness for the culture and charities that will support Native Americans into the future?

11. As a first nations person - I love this!!!!

12. Maybe some insight into how you would orefer to be represented will provide them with useful feedback for the future. Instead of just saying in your opinion they look like hipsters.

There is no cookie cutter way a certain culture represents themselves. And this is a imaginative representation of people who are trying to be respectful and sought after guidance from indigenous artists.

Quidditch, Nour477, Woes and 3 others like this.
  13. I'd say they wanna see a traditional wear avi... thats what they mean

14. whats wrong with people dressing as native ๐Ÿ˜‚ i litteraly find nothing offensive as that

15. I was thinking the same thing??

16. Love this itโ€™s so cute and festive๐Ÿ

Muschi likes this.
  17. That was extremely thoughtful of you guys to do that. ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™

Carrie, Nour477, Woes and 2 others like this.
  18. Usually when people dress up as "Native" for Halloween, they are portraying a highly exaggerated and stereotypical idea of what a Native person looks like. This is not an accurate depiction of a Native person and it further pronounces the great misinformation surrounding Native peoples and their cultures. Going and buying a $14.99 outfit called "Sexy Pocahontas" isn't really respectful especially since the actual "Pocahontas" was a 12-year-old that was sexually abused but that's another can of worms.

It's another thing if you're invited to wear actual additional attire by a Native person, though. But that isn't even "dressing as Native" and more participating in their culture.

Carrie, Nour477, Lumenia and 6 others like this.
  19. Bump

AddisonJenkin420 and Muschi like this.
  20. too each of their own by my ancestors dark history i find nothing personally wrong with it when people dress up on Halloween. even then i was hoping for an exaggerated type avi when i first heard about this event

call me ignorant or backstabbing my people but its the way i view things