NEW FEATURE Renaming: Do It Yourself!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by ATAMarceline, May 29, 2019.

1. That would be nice lol

2. aww some players go inactive for a year or more & if that happen when they come back they'll loose everything if their ign was taken by another playero_O

3. That won't lose everything. Their account remains intact. Their IGN just gets changed to a placeholder name and they are given a free name change token for when they return.

4. You get 1 free rename

Muschi likes this.
  5. what @Muschi said, the ign will stay the same and just have “RENAMED” at the end of their username.

Muschi likes this.
  6. I could’ve sworn I saw a post about renaming that added the caveat that if money was spent on the account that the ign was locked to that account and wouldn’t be subject to the 6month renaming code? Am I fully wrong in this lol

7. Inactive is inactive. If you are showing signs of not being here anymore then why shouldnt other people get to use the name they want

Muschi likes this.
  8. What if someone is gatekeeping a name?

What I mean by that is, the person created an alt with the name but is not doing anything with the alt? By all accounts, the alt is very, very inactive.

However, when I try to change into the name, it's says it's being used. Check the account: Inactive. Try again later. Same result.

I mean, as long as the person keeps the account active without doing anything with it, they're effectively keeping the name so nobody else has it.

What do?

9. You cant do anything

10. Yeah, I figured.

11. I heard that in this case you can try a message to support. I suppose the worst they can say is nothing can be done, and then you can come back and report to us. :)

Muschi likes this.
  12. I get that, that’s not what I’m talking about. This isn’t rhetorical: I’m saying that I thought there was something within this update that had the caveat of monetary transactions on an account meant the ign couldn’t be changed.

Frieren likes this.
  13. Support, sadly, does not have an option to help in this case. I’ve been eyeing a name for several months and the account has no hunt activity, no wall interactions, etc etc since even before that - support has simply answered “check availability again in a month!” as their only solution.

Muschi and Victoria like this.
  14. Good to know!

eileen likes this.