Reevaluation of CoC and FCoC

Discussion in 'Questions/Feedback' started by Guy, Apr 30, 2022.

1. Hi all,

I’m calling on the ATA to request a reevaluation of the forum code of conduct. Recently, there’s been a rise of low effort threads, threads geared toward starting controversial debates and a lot of loopholes found within the conducts that should be looked at and updated.

We’ve received a silencing policy update but there hasn’t been anything new with conducts in a while. One major change that has affected the community is the removal of requesting a member to leave a thread, which sucks since creating a disturbance is against the forum code of conduct.

The CoC for forums is a bit vague and there’s room for interpretation. You’re not allowed to spread false information about ATA or their games but how about defamation of players and defamation of entities.

What’s your thoughts on the CoC and FCoC?

CrimeFightinCactus likes this.
  2. Its people trying to revive forums. They at least trying. If that all stops the forums will be just potd updates. Furni/showcase sale threads. And atas hunt and promo posts. And thats boring as fuck. If you have a problem with a post then report it. If you have a issue with there being no quality posts then make some. Otherwise stop moaning and get over yourself

Kefo and Hag like this.
  3. Seems like you missed the entire post’s point. No issue on this side, either way, I get paid at the end of a week!

Just think they should have a clear description of CoC.

4. The charm of pimd forum since the dawn of it's birth has been low effort threads, pointless drama, calls outs, and debates.
    Sure there's been some quality threads throughout it's life span but most threads have been low efforts and crap.
    The charm of pimd has always been how much more lax it can be compared to other games like their KaW game.
    The forum code of conduct doesn't need to be changed at all.
    You think forums are controversial, or bad rn, nah, it's the most positive it's ever been since it's creation.
    If ata didn't do anything during it's darker more toxic times , why would it do anything now?
    Why fix something that's not broken?
    Eventually, people leave forums, new people come in... Those that are overly toxic , racist, etc etc end up being permanently banned.
    So no support.
    Go with the flow, there's no need for you to try to control or change anything.
    Only control the content you feed yourself.
    Don't like a user because they make crap threads don't click and as dino said report if you feel so strongly

Fobia and bloodhoney like this.
  5. Anyway, if any veteran players would like to chime in. :)

6. Y'all just gonna leave guy hanging, he tryna change forums bruh, give him a like or something for trying

7. Oh I remember being silenced for not leaving a thread when asked to. Lmao fun times.

Kefo likes this.
  8. Perfect instance why rules should be explained more. Forum punishment shouldn’t affect the game experience, especially freedom of speech.

9. They coc is too strict as is.

Brandish's threads are the last remnant of "forum" culture remaining... and his bumping of threads from way back is welcome, too.
    They churn the butter of the forum better than anyone else.

While pimd is an adult game, forums have been kept somewhat PG because they can be searched through web browsers.

The deletion of political posts has often annoyed me, too, as I breathe politics, shitposting, and political shitposting.

Defamation of players for breaches of ToU should be permitted, spam should be better defined and limited in scope, content about ATA's support and activities should not be censored, misinformation should be spread.

A review would likely lead to screws being tightened further. No devs have ever properly engaged with forum culture. I don't think they're capable of governing it effectively.

I don't trust that anyone at ATA knows how to improve it.

CrimeFightinCactus likes this.
  10. Real recognize real