Rebuilding club: how have your merge experiences gone?

Discussion in 'Clubs' started by Allie, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Hi everyone!
    I’ve recently taken over managing a club that has been very successful and has most parties (except some pro) unlocked. I originally joined it as part of a club merge over a year ago, the incoming club admins didn’t like it and left... I’m wary of club merges because of that mess.
    I notice other clubs struggling to complete parties though and wonder if any of you have had good merge experiences?
    Ours is a nice welcoming vanilla (no rp) but safe friendly club with a few good people in it - what do you think about merges?
    (We’re recruiting 500kcs and up if you’re looking and this sounds like it could be your new home!)

Ecchisaurus and Muschi like this.
  2. This is the club xero I helped found. It is a great club, and I trust Allie to be a fantastic president of the club. It's Muschi approved 🙆🏻‍♀️☑

Alicia and WildBlueberry like this.
  3. Why it not your club now

4. Obviously because they support it without actually being there any longer to support.
    Like some things are better left unanswered

5. Lol we were going to close but I and some other members and admins were too attached to let go, and so offered to take over.
    Everyone needs a break from the hot seat sometimes right? :)

Muschi likes this.
  6. I needed a break from the club for mental health reasons. It was struggling and I felt stressed.

Allie volunteeted to take charge of the club and help get it back on track. She was a capable and dedicated admin, having been with xero from day one. She has been gracious enough to still allow me to be slightly involved, as xero was and is still kind of my baby.

Having a fresher sets of hands running the ship should allow xero to reestablish itself, and allow me the distance I need to not get overly mentally involved in this game to my detriment.

WhoTfIsWesday and Maddi_Matsu like this.
  7. Ooooo yehh Sarah said I got angry not as much n was more calm a bit after I deleted my club I didn't notice much but she did

Muschi likes this.
  8. Running a club is hard

Muschi likes this.
  9. Oh I’m glad to hear Xero isn’t shutting down, it’s been kinda hard to find another club that’s good at completing parties and has a nice atmosphere.

Muschi likes this.
  10. But um to actually answer your question, we never actually had a merge per second, but we accepted like 8 people from another club (so like s baby merge). The worst thing I'd say to look out for is cliques, like no matter what we do they still don't really interact with the other members and still classify themselves as a separate group from our other members.

11. Thanks nightingale - good to get a response! We have a good number of spots still open so it’s tempting to merge. But I guess I come to PIMD very optimistically and often am disappointed 🤭
    The cliques point is good, i would hope to find people who we could make feel welcome. I don’t think we are very clique-y in our club atm even among admins.

Muschi likes this.
  12. Aw. That’s so sweet.
    Some of our established members have slowed down in activity so we have been struggling with some parties. Luckily the last few days have been fairly easy ones and mercs are stopping in for LBH

Maddi_Matsu and Muschi like this.
  13. A couple of members who thought we were closing have come back, and we have a new contest going up tomorrow :)

Maddi_Matsu and Muschi like this.