Pride

Discussion in 'Other PIMD Discussion' started by Wesday, Jun 1, 2019.

1. Happy pride c:

2. Happy Pride month and stuff. :3

3. What is CSD I googled it and classes came up or something

4. Christopher Street Day. It's basically a Eurpean pride parade ig

5. Muah ?

6. CSD is Christopher Street day.
    Exactly 50 years ago there were police crimes against gay, trans, etc people, but they stood up and fought back.
    Now I wonder why it isn’t more known, since it all started in New York. ?

7. I have tried to come out at different times but many times I have been shut down by loved ones so to make them happy I accepted that I was born a girl and so I have to be that.

However, just this past month I’ve told my closest friends that I want to start being identified as non-binary (them/they pronouns), until I understand if I am just non-binary or if I actually am a man (due to the past rejection I’m scared to fully come out). So I’ve been going to a LGBTQ group and I have talked to new friend from there about everything.

They really helped open my eyes about who I am, and washed away some insecurities that I have. Even though I have not fully came out as male yet. I am going to my first pride parade/celebration on the 15th and I’m really excited.

Happy pride everyone.

8. Oh interesting. Thank you for sharing, I just skimmed. That is odd, I've never heard of it before.

9. I hope you have an excellent time on your first pride celebration ? good luck with your discovery and having/making friends who accept you for you

10. I will do it when I get off work.

11. Also I 'came out' to my parents as bisexual when I was 13 or 14 and it was also the same time I told them I was severely depressed and suicidal (then when I was brought to professionals I got diagnosed as bipolar af). I just completely unloaded during a mental breakdown. But it was good. They were overall pretty accepting.

12. That's nice that you were able to get the support early on, some people wait too late. I'm glad your parents are accepting of you ?

13. My family is not really religious but my parents where mostly born in the 50s where women had to take care of men. I tried telling my dad I didn't want to have children and instead wanted to adopt. Since I wanted to change my gender but this went on off/on for years. I never felt comfortable in my own body and I remember I wanted to be a boy when I was younger (like around 6). I was told i should have kids and I'd feel the joy of motherhood so I had to accept I was a girl. Every now and then I get these feelings I'm in the wrong body but I try to push past it. I feel really bad when my other family members feel they can't come out to me and that I won't be accepting of them since we were raised Christian. I just want my friends and family to know I'm here for them and I'll accept them for who they are since I love them for them.

14. Good luck and I know it's hard to come out to family when they reject you :( I'm glad you made friends who understand you but stay safe!!

15. Once upon a time I changed my ign to this one. Some people were amused, some people were offended, and most people just assume I'm a gay male.

That's my story

16. You mean you aren't a gay male? My life is a lie

17. these stories warm my heart up. ?
    i never really came out, just ended up developing feelings for a female friend back when i was in high school.
    i decided to just accept that i’m interested in both men and women. 

18. I personally haven’t felt a need to come out. Mainly because I don’t like having to explain my sexuality whenever someone asks about it :/

19. I haven't come out to my parents

20. All these stories are really nice to read ? I’m glad most people have had positive experiences.