Pole Dancing is Stupid

Discussion in 'Other PIMD Discussion' started by Wesday, Jun 3, 2019.

1. LMAO no. Pole dancing is a much better experience than spending on this nonsense

2. Maybe. Shall keep updated

3. I donut understand

4. It was only your first day, the instructors aren’t going to get you to be hanging upside down and holding yourself when you aren’t “comfortable” with the pole yet.

5. It should still make you sweat tho. If it doesn't make me sweat it isn't a workout

6. There’s always a chance that the class you signed up for isn’t the best

7. True

8. I want a pole in the middle of my room now 

9. Pole Dancing fails are always funny

10. Support. Show us the tricks you learn.

11. I disagree. It's as smart as dancing + a pole.

12. But- u just said pole dancing is stupid

13. She was frustrated and didn’t 100% mean it

14. It is stupid as an exercise. That doesn't mean ppl shouldn't do it as a hobby if they just like doing flexi tricks

15. There is little actual dancing in pole dancing

16. O. I've been looking for this. ?

Damn. :( That sucks the first class didn't live up to your expectations. I hope that the class advances into something you enjoy more by the end. I would've been upset if it was mostly a class of basic yoga poses myself. Especially since I'm pretty advanced in yoga, so that would really feel like a waste of money. Did you get to start learning how to climb the pole anyway?

Also,
    ^^^ this :lol:

17. Yeah, we climbed it a bit. Did some spins and stuff. It was mostly about balancing your body, doesn't nearly take as much strength as pole dancers like to say since most of your weight is being held against the pole.

18. So, I found my replacement to pole dancing. Rock climbing, it turns out, is lots of fun and works out my arm muscles the way that I wanted it to. I recommend it and it's very easily rewarded (reaching the goal when bouldering) so that's nice.

Sidenote: to the peeps who felt offended before, I have done ballet since I was 5 so that is likely why I found pole dancing kind of simple. For ppl with no arm strength, I'm sure it is a great workout.