Pole Dancing is Stupid

Discussion in 'Other PIMD Discussion' started by Wesday, Jun 3, 2019.

1. You ever just spend $160 for an hour of basic yoga poses and then walking around a pole and doing a few spins here or there?

Pole dancing is not a workout and you will never build any sort of muscles or stamina doing it, I have never felt less exerted. It's literally all coordination and maybe flexibility. So ya, don't take pole dancing classes if you were planning on getting a workout. I shall finish the other 5 classes I have paid for and let you all know how they go but currently I think it's largely a waste of money and time.

2. That $160 coulda been spent on your local gym

3. I have a "free" gym membership as a student. I just wanted to try something new/possibly fun. Alas it sucks

4. I mean if you really wanted to try pole dancing, you should’ve just went to your local strip club and apply??‍♂️

5. I've considered it tbh but the two main ones in my city, one is owned by a gang and you have to be "in" to work there and the other is shady af and all the girls have black eyes and stuff

6. But that’s part of the fun

7. I think it can be made to be more difficult, but more so if you are getting into the acrobatics shıt with it

8. Yeah, maybe in the higher levels. Idk if I wanna keep shelling out munnies until I get there tho. A dilemma

9. $160/hr is too damn expensive

10. It's $160 for 6 lessons. So 6 hours

11. Thanks for the review. I'll remember this next time I feel an urge to get a workout by pole dancing

12. ^ you say that like it's ridiculous but a lot of ppl try/want to try it.

13. All the food one can buy with all that money. ????????

14. Yeah and at that point you may as well just get into gymnastics.

Which looks pretty fun but very difficult

15. Someone named "DillDoe" tryna say anyway ?

16. Actually gymnastics is a good idea ? I just want something fun but also challenging so I don't feel like I'm wasting munnies.

17. True. O well, I got my new experience which was all I wanted ig

18. Aerial silks looks super fun and hella challenging, you should check that out.

Theres a few places out here that do classes but i don't think I'd ever have the guts. I've heard good things from people who have tried though