Please explain to me

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by NurseBecky, Jun 15, 2020.

1. I agree with that to a point though. When it comes to sports teams in grade school and middle school a lot of places have coed teams. When you get into professional, college, and sometimes highschool that shouldn’t apply. Especially for a sport like football. I’m a very big fan of ufc. And in those events they have women fighting on the same card as men, so in that sense it’s coed. But do I think they should let them all fight eachother? Absolutely not. I think a lot of it depends on the sport in question as to whether or not they should be separated

Maddi_Matsu likes this.
  2. My school was a lot different than that. When it came to like gym class we’d all do everything. But starting in middle school if you wanted to actually play that sport you signed up or tried out for the girls or boys team.

3. Ah. We had a lot of boys teams but not a lot of girls teams and the one "feminine" sport (cheerleading) was co-ed.

4. 🤔Your school sucked. I played basketball & softball. Girls were also allowed to play football and join the wrestling team but my principal would have shït a brick if a boy tried out for cheerleading.

WhoTfIsWesday likes this.
  5. No one wants to watch boys dance with pom poms in their hands tf

6. Does anyone really “want” to watch anyone dance with pompoms? Lol

Day and Maddi_Matsu like this.
  7. you never know. we have people like @Trendsetting with weird fetishes

8. Agreed

9. Have you guys actually watched cheerleading competitions.? Most of the time there aren't any pompoms. It's a lot of tumbling, human towers, jumping from a high place and getting caught. There's definitely a lot of room for male strength there. You guys only know the stereotypes which is why you're so against it. 🙄

WhoTfIsWesday likes this.
  10. I was a cheerleader all through highschool. I was in competitions. Competitions are A LOT different than cheering for a basketball of football game, which for the most part is just yelling and waving pompoms around.

Maddi_Matsu likes this.
  12. Idk about your school but at my school, the cheerleaders didn't just wave poms-poms around and yell. They were doing the same stuff you would do at competitions, esp. during half-time. In fact they did go to competitions as representatives of the school. Yes they had poms-poms, but they also did the gymnastics performances and routines seen at competitions.

13. At my school, you tried out for jv or varsity cheer, football, basketball, or both. To be on varsity you had to be able to tumble. Jv and varsity both were required to attend open gymnastics classes one day a week instead of normal practice. Competitions have a lot of different things going on, we had a dance/Pom routine that we would occasionally do during halftime for a big game... but normally we just did the same old cheers during the games, and then during timeouts and half time varsity squad would do tumble passes. Not all schools allow you to do lifts and stuff during games though. I can’t remember the exact reasons why because it’s been years but I wanna say it was something about insurance and people getting hurt.. idk. But like one of our neighboring districts could do competition style things during their games, but we weren’t allowed 🤷🏻‍♀️

14. Adding to my last reply, I looked it up.

1. The following skills are only allowed on a mat, grass or rubberized track surface.
    a. Basket tosses, elevator/sponge tosses and other similar multi‐base tosses.
    b. Partner stunts in which the base uses only one arm to support the top person.
    c. Twisting tumbling skills (Arabians, full twisting layouts, etc.).
    EXCEPTION: Cartwheels, roundoffs and aerial cartwheels are allowed on surfaces other than a mat, grass or rubberized track.

We didn’t cheer on those surfaces during games, so that’s why. However when it came to tumble passes, if you knew how, you could throw it. They didn’t restrict that.

Maddi_Matsu likes this.
  15. My highschool had like 70+ cheerleaders and didn’t do much.

But I’ve seen some of the competition teams and man...I wouldn’t wanna be doing some of the things they try.

16. They didn't at my school. Our cheer teams didn't go to school sports games...we went to competitions which is way more about gymnastics and strength. As other ppl have said

17. Cheerleading isn't common where i live. The only form of Cheerleading I have seen is with pom poms

18. That's why I'm explaining it 🙃

19. Go back to sucking your toes 🙄

20. Never be nice again because everyone sucks, understood.

Maddi_Matsu likes this.