Players Want iWars Brought Back

Discussion in 'Wars' started by -_A_-Legwarmers, Jan 8, 2016.

1. It's been over a year since the last time ATA sponsored what is known as iWars (aka beta wars).
    For those who don't know what this is, it's 2 hour wars organized by ATA.
    Forgive me, this will be a long thread, but I want newer players to know the history of PIMD.

History

This game started as a war game. It was PvP and club wars. There were no parties. In time, parties were added. Slowly wars have dwindled, which is sad because they can be so much fun. Wars have evolved over time in PIMD. Originally you could choose between 12, 24, or 48 hour system wars and now can choose between 4, 6, or 24 hour system wars. In 2013, ATA also introduced their beta wars that were only 2 hours. After the beta test phase, betas were called iWars (individual wars aka indi wars) but many still refer to them as beta wars. In 2014, ATA would release iWars in conjunction with hunts and allow for drops in the 2 hour wars as well. In June or July of 2014, ATA started what was known as the Orange Wars. This was iWars that occurred twice on Sunday's and Wednesday's every week until the end of December 2014. There's not been any iWars since December 2014

Why'd they end?

Only ATA can fully explain why there's been none since then. By the time the Orange Wars ended, interest had died down. Many of us believe this is because it was so many wars for so many months. It seems like when ATA finds a new idea, whether for a hunt or wars, they beat their idea into the ground until players are sick of the same thing over and over again. Many of their ideas are great, but should be used in moderation. What I propose applies to hunts and wars alike.

Proposal:

In regards to hunts- there's been different kinds of hunts throughout the years. It seems like when ATA gets a new idea, they just stick to that type of hunt only. My proposal is to mix up the different type of hunts they've done over the years. This includes implementing iWars again also. Rather than set wars every single week for months, I think they should do iWars every other or every few hunts as an added option to obtain items dropped during hunts.
    There have been numerous threads asking for iWars to be brought back, but they've been ignored. That's really sad. Those of us who do love war, understand the game is more focused on parties, but that doesn't mean war aspect has to be tossed aside. Both can exist. I see so many new players in this game who seem to show an interest in this lost art. In no way, will what I propose interfere with parties.

More detailed explanation of iWars:

- 1 hour signup period & players who signed up must leave any club they're in before matching starts
    - 1 hour matching period where ATA matches players up
    - clubs were 20-25 people per club
    - during matching period clubs pick their war leader
    - 2 hour war

How we can make iWars better:

1. Participate!
    2. In every war I've ever been in (whether a 2 hour iWar or long system war) there have been people who are inactive or
    3. Take the opportunity to learn new aspects of the game!!
    4. Those who know how to war and lead need to teach the newer players!!

The theme of this game is college life. Well there's more to college than just partying!! College involves competition whether it's academically or in the fraternity/sorority setting so it's only appropriate that this game brings back an aspect of friendly competition!!
    So what we are asking is that ATA please bring back iWars on occasion for hunts. Let the games begin (HOPEFULLY)!!

2. Support

4. Support 100% Good work legs!

5. Even though you're my perm farm i support this idea :)

6. Support ️

7. Support??

8. SUPPORRT ?
    Beta wars were so much fun, and i met a lot of nice people ?

This_Is_Jessie likes this.
  9. Support

BigMoney777 likes this.
  10. As a suggestion to make these more attractive (economically) to run, what about increasing the dn limit a bit?

LadyFeyre likes this.
  11. Support?️

12. No, keep bringing in the parties

-_-Ban-_- likes this.