Pin frequency data

Discussion in 'Strategy' started by Kefo, Oct 4, 2019.

1. I'm not finished extrapolating from this data and Idk how I'ma present it neatly in a thread.

This is a frequency distribution table of dormlympic pins from the 2016 dormlympics hunt.

Most of the pins, when viewed in the graph, are squashed together because of the most common pins.

I wanna intentionally skew the graph to make the highest peaks smaller than they actually are or get rid of them altogether, and then just have comparisons of some of the rarer pins to the rarest ones, but eh.

If you look around the spreadsheet, you'll see the names (or probably old names because I counted this stuff like a year ago lol) of people whose showcases I counted the pins in, the total numbers of each pins, how many pins each person had, on average, where the pins dropped/came from, the total number of showcases counted, yeah.

It's pretty good but hard to read.

Looking at the graph and "total pins counted" gives the best picture of what most people will be looking for.

Thanks
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_B5H6tQHH_uLMgvBU0tAVJu7IEX5OXh7/view?usp=sharing
    That's the link again in case you missed it

MickeyP and Muschi like this.
  2. Just wanna say that everyone should know that pins aren't all the same.

On the two extremes, one pin I found only 13 of, and another I found 25,061 of.

And there's so much variety between them.

Muschi likes this.
  3. You went around counting individual pins in showcases? How long did this take you?!

iEllie likes this.
  4. Kefo I think you have too much free time

iEllie, Rizky, Sirrracha and 2 others like this.
  5. A long time but I wanted to try and get a statistically significant sample size to rank the rarest pins. Still didn't get that so it could do with more work.

Also data's skewed towards rares because of how I chose which showcases to count, finding all the people who had rarer pins to begin with.

That was also to save time because it was very slow, especially when you accidentally skip a pin and have to go back and fix mistakes.

-MoB-Conqueror and Muschi like this.
  6. You can't have it. It's mine.

Jks. It's not the amount, it's just how I use it.

iEllie, Rizky, Muschi and 1 other person like this.
  7. 💀💀💀💀

8. O my Jesus, forgive us our sins, save us from the fire of hell, lead all souls to heaven, especially those who are in most need of Thy mercy.