PIMD Raffles & Giveaways

Discussion in 'Questions/Feedback' started by Infamous, May 14, 2020.

1. So it’s come to my attention that a lot of people do these raffles/giveaways on their walls. People participate in these contests, entering by giving chibis or bentos to the host as the ‘tickets’ for entries.

Unfortunately, many of the times these contests end up being a plot to take bentos/chibis from people and the host either disappears off the face of the earth, doesn’t give the advertised prize (usually a big item like a 499/999/etc.) Sometimes this host will even have another alternate account enter so they can gift their own alt as if it’s played off as though someone won but they really are just keeping their items and all of the entered chibis and bentos.

I can only advise people that they steer away from these kinds of contests. I’ve only heard of a lot of people that I know who have participated being tricked. **WHILE YES, THERE ARE SOME LEGITIMATE CONTESTS....DO NOT THINK THEY ARE ALL TRICKERY......** This is a PSA for those who are unaware of these types of occurrences. This is a PSA to participate at your own risk as ATA enabled TRADING in order to prevent these types of things from happening. I will probably get hate from people who host but that’s okay. If you don’t trick people, keep doing what you’re doing. If you do, well, then-

I just think if someone truly wants to give something away, there’s no need for a raffle to be done. Participate in raffles and giveaways at your own risk but this is a warning of possible outcomes if said host is not someone who is **well-known** in the community.

Day, Muschi and NoLongerUsinThisAcc like this.
  2. Thanks captain obvious 👍🏼

Day likes this.
  3. While this information may be obvious to lots of people, unfortunately it is something a lot of people fall for, particularly newer players.

Infamous and Day like this.
  4. Newer players also have no idea what forums is until someone mentions it

Day likes this.
  5. Both sadly true.

6. Well, sure, but we also get plenty of people that come in the forums to complain about being scammed or that they're being harassed because someone hired them, or other similar naïve beliefs. While not all new players will see this post, some will. That's like saying nobody should make guides because most of the players that need them won't look in forums.

-MOONRISE- and Infamous like this.
  7. I think it had good intentions, but a guide for this is already in progress.

Maddi_Matsu and Muschi like this.
  8. Not intended as a guide. Just intended to be a post to put out there. I was recently in a gc for this and I left because people can’t get along. 🙄...There will always be people who need to be told. I’m tired of people not expecting this and then getting mad when they can’t get their stuff back

9. I wasn’t saying it was a guide 😳 I was more agreeing that this should be more known.

Infamous likes this.
  10. There’s a guide in progress though?.. 🤔 lmk