CONTEST PIMD-mas Ornaments!

Discussion in 'Contests' started by ATAMarceline, Dec 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. Here is my second entry doing what I can with the biggest ornament on my tree. GET CREATIVE!

#2019PIMDmas

2. This had better win a crate because oh my goodness is it amazing 🀩

3. Can someone help explain how to post an image here if you have an Android phone and use the Android app for imgur? There's no "copy image address" option anywhere. And when I try to paste the image URL following the instructions in the first post, it ends up with a broken img link that Muschi then fixes for people πŸ˜…

I just want to figure this out once and for all.

4. You could prolly use the imgur "share button" & then a "copy link" option should b present

5. Is that bread for the ears?

6. Unfortunately that does not work for me, it only shares the image url and not the image address with a .jpg at the end

7. Press and hold on the image, and then hit "copy link".

8. [​IMG]

Here is my submission!! I figured out how to post it. It's not super straightforward but it worked. Please someone speak up if you know if an easier way!
    1. Uploaded photo to imgur app
    2. In imgur app, I copied URL of image
    3. I pasted the image URL into my mobile phone browser (I used chrome)
    4. From there, I long pressed the image to bring up more options and selected "open image in New tab"
    5. Copied the URL of the new tab that opened, as it finally gave me the image address

9. That also only gives me the image url, not image address. If it changes things, I use a Google pixel 3xl using Android 10 operating system

10. Actually this worked if I selected the imgur icon with the words "imgur copy url" under it. this confused me because the "share" image url never worked. SORRY FOR THE CONFUSION. Thank you! I wish I could delete my previous post lol.

Muschi likes this.
  11. I, personally, use my browser in desktop mode. (Android user).

For an image I've already uploaded, I just get my url from here πŸ‘‡

[​IMG]

When you get your url, be sure to add i.imgur and .jpg or .gif if it's a gif.

Then if I tap my image, I can get this option. Or if I just uploaded, it'll say copy link.

[​IMG]

And you should be able to see your image as you insert it. If you don't, it did not work!

Hope this helped :)

[​IMG]

12. [​IMG]

So.. this was too much fun (and timeπŸ˜‹) not to post! Nancy is made out of clay and looks great on my tree πŸŽ„... that isn’t finished yet but that’s besides the point lol! I hope you guys find her as cute as I do and you get some holiday inspiration 🎁

Note: The antlers are brown and have a headband but my brown clay picks up pretty dark on camera ❀️

13. Thanks for putting up with me everyone. I'm glad it's clear now and I hope everyone else knows exactly how to post theirs now πŸ˜‚β€οΈ

Forums better get ready for me finally figuring out how to post pics πŸ‘Š

14. Oh I doubt it. It'll have to be explained 40 more times because people aren't reading what they're supposed to πŸ™ƒπŸ’”

15. Where do we post it just here?

16. Yes.

Muschi likes this.
  17. To be fair, I think it's misleading/confusing that in the little pop-up after selecting the image button when you're typing up your post, it says "image url". So when the share options for imgur give you a URL to share, one would think that would work.

I think it would be helpful if ATA either have a little example of the right kind of url/address in the little pop up, or changed it so that image urls also work

18. [​IMG] [​IMG]

πŸ’•Finally decided to take the time and enter one of thesesπŸ’•

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.