LIMITED-TIME CONTENT Over the June with Pride

Discussion in 'Events' started by [ATA]Ashe, May 26, 2021.

1. Alright, so if you're getting miffed at me for assuming you don't know much about LGBT struggles in the world, then please tell us what you do know. Ah, wait. Some of that stuff would probably be against the TOS to mention here. But so far, what you've been doing is trying to gaslight those who didn't agree with you, whether they gave you arguments or not, no matter how nice they were. People like Muschi and eileen have been nice, and explained that there's a difference in what LGBT and polyamorous people need. It's different battles, for different reasons.

Because @-WB-His-Goddess-of-Darkness mentioned jail time, I googled where polyamory is illegal, and discovered that a woman having several husbands is strictly illegal in Islamic countries, while a man having several wives over there isn't. Nowhere else is it strictly illegal (with a result of you getting jail time). And the fact that women there can't have more than one husband stems from the fact that they're seen as lesser. Feminism there exists to make society acknowledge that women aren't lesser than anyone else, and deserve the same rights. And maybe polyamory will be on their plate at some point, but not now. I've been there for women from Islamic countries before, and will continue to be, even if it's just by listening to them and what they need in order to achieve equality over there.

So, really, I haven't seen any clear reason for polyamory to be part of LGBT, as it's not about people inherently being into the same gender or experiencing dysphoria, and being punished (very violently) for it due to that.

And after so many years of seeing how the LGBT community (or better said by Muschi, coalition) has been trashed in favor of whatever sounds more woke, I don't have any more patience to be nice to people who are like "I belong here! I won't give any clear reasons as to why I should belong, but if I say I should, then I do!". And I would argue aro/ace people are in a grey area, because they experience no attraction beyond a certain point (especially physical for aces) and they're often taken advantage of by their partners. But at the same time, I've seen ace people seriously be like "eww, two men kissing 😑 please get out of the pride parade", indicating that some just don't understand why they would even be part of the soup. So there are different opinions on whether aro/ace people are included. Heck, I know some ace people in real life who are completely detached from pride and any activism, but still support those that they've seen suffering more. Those friends of mine are just like "guess I'll just be a happy spinster" and they continue their lives doing whatever makes them happy. They can also afford to, since it's not required for them to marry anyone where they live.

Kudos to Goddess to at least try to find a justification as to why polyamory could be part of the coalition. It's not easy to figure out when a problem has a different cause, when people are like "omg, you're going to go to jail!" for a group, overall.

But yeah, we deserve our space as much as polyamorous people do, to be able to focus on gaining rights relevant to us, and keeping them. It's the same for any group, and the less random additions it has, the more attention can be given to the issues at hand. If you have to do activism for everyone's cause at the same time (which is what the ~alphabet mafia~ has been trying to do for the past few years), you'll end up doing a big splotch. And when it comes to arguments in this thread, you and me are no different, Stasiana. We're both too hot-headed to not point fingers. But yeah, you want a post with arguments, here's my attempt at it. Maybe it will make you think about a thing or two, instead of insisting over and over again that aro/ace people are fully accepted as part of the community, when that's not the case.

(I'd be surprised if anyone's still awake by the end of this novel, but once I start writing, I can't stop 🤷‍♀️)

2. Very clear that Stasiana is not very educated on the LGBT community if they think that ace/aro inclusion isn't its own can of worms.

3. I totally get what you’re saying! I apologize if what I said came across as “if you’re not discriminated against you’re not valid” or something of the sorts. This is why I explained that the sexuality in a straight polyamorous situation is NOT any different from a straight monogamous individual. I explained that asexual individuals are different and thus included in the lettering because, at their core, their sexuality is completely different from anyone, thus being their OWN sexuality. I hope that makes sense this time, apologies if it doesn’t.

Again, I’m poly and queer (in sexuality and gender), so I get where you’re coming from. This is also why I explained we are completely welcome in these spaces. While that part of us is not considered a differing sexuality, because at its core it is not, we are completely welcome because we are not the societal normality. We ALL (for the most part, of course) understand that polyamory results in different experiences with sexuality, it doesn’t result in a completely different sexuality.

but yeah. uh. you’re completely welcome in most of our spaces, but there’s a difference in that and poly being it’s own sexuality especially when comparing current sexualities to it. ok bye.

Muschi likes this.
  4. I wanted to clarify that my apologies are not to go back on what I initially said, nor am I apologizing for my opinion in this matter or statements I have made within this thread about my belief. I simply have an impulse to apologize when my point is taken the wrong way, which it seemed like it was. That’s all. 🙂

Muschi and Chimichanga6 like this.
  5. We might have overloaded that one with too much info 🤭

But.. Without throwing shade at anyone, we all have to learn what we actually stand for, which is quite hard if only dwelling on certain corners of the internet, when it comes to it 🧐

Muschi and eileen like this.
  6. I think one great thing about the LGBT community is we're all generally accepting of people that don't prescribe to the norm. I personally don't care if a polyam person wants to come to a gay bar and hang out with us. I don't care if a polyam person wants to celebrate their polyamory at a Pride parade. But please don't try to rewrite history to force yourself into our community. In most cases, you're more than welcome to hang out with us. Hanging out with us doesn't mean you're one of us.

The hostility starts coming in when you try to squeeze yourself into a political movement you were not part of because this has real, tangible negative consequences by subverting the reason for the very existence of the LGBT coalition.

So, please, continue going to gay bars or drag shows or any other open social event. Just please respect the fact that while you are welcome in those spaces, you are there as an ally of LGBT people that feels a sense of kinship over subverting the norm. Nothing more. Just respect that boundary.

Choochiiiiii, Chimichanga6 and eileen like this.
  7. That were well long I couldn’t finish reading so I just skimmed but yea
    h you’re really smart

8. ❤🧡💛💚💙💜
    ✨Happy Pride✨
    ❤🧡💛💚💙💜

Post pride art on my wall

ATA-Will likes this.
  9. It happens. And eh, become smarter too 😎 Happy pride 🏳️‍🌈

10. Props to ATA for making it possible to turn spinner set into a furni. If someone still hasn’t seen it, then in special offers you can turn your Pride Alpaca spinner for 199 ECs into a 499 ECs furni.
    Hope it’s not gonna be just a one time thing tho.

11. Wow thanks for the free 499. Happy pride everyone

12. Oh, that's pretty neat!

13. Glad to hear you liked it!
    No promises for future necessarily, but we'll see . . .👀

Muschi likes this.
  14. Does anyone know how to get pride butterfly sticker?🏳️‍🌈🦋

Intensive, Cheeky_Vulpix and Rift like this.
  15. Does anyone have a forum where they give explanation to all the pride pins and what they mean