Our LGBTQ+ community

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by ATALowkeyLoki, Jun 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Re: Our LGBTQ community

You ever die a lil when something in your code fails?

2. Yaasssssss... this needed to be done. Although I'm straight, I support people with different sexual orientations to the extreme. So I must say that this thread definitely needed to be made and I appreciate it.

3. Re: Our LGBTQ community

bless you ata!?️‍

4. thanks ATA?

5. Re: Our LGBTQ community

And that's that on that. Nice to see y'all address the situation

6. Yaaaaasss ata 

7. Re: Our LGBTQ community



8. Re: Our LGBTQ community



9. Re: Our LGBTQ community

^ I tried to edit a typo and hit the wrong button ugh

10. Our lgbt community is rather queer

11. Re: Our LGBTQ community

Preach Jodie ??Btw if anyone cares enough to want to know the real biological things that cause homosexuality and transsexuality, feel free to PM me. I've spent many hours reviewing research papers because the topic always fascinated me and it continues to as I plan my own research in the future. :)

12. Re: Our LGBTQ community

Explain it here please or make a thread

13. I love this post so much

14. Re: Our LGBTQ community

you just called it "transsexuality" so clearly what you know is in the negative

15. Re: Our LGBTQ community

I wrote a paper on biological components that seem to be linked with transgender people, here's the thesis as the paper is like almost 2k words so this can sum up some things I found:

Research has shown that people with gender dysphoria or individuals that identify as the opposite sex tend to have longer repeats of the androgen receptor in their genes as opposed to people who identify as their sex assigned at birth (U.S. National Library of Medicine), as well as there being a co-occurrence of gender dysphoria between sets like twins, father and son, and brother and sister pairs (Gender Identity Clinic, a mental health service) similarities between the brain structure of female brains compared to male-to-female brains (Netherlands Institute for Brain Research), and carrying a null CYP19, known as Aromatase, which is an enzyme that converts testosterone to estrogen, mutation has been found in female-to-male people (New York State Psychiatric Institute).

Not saying this to stir anything up but rather bc you seem interested.

16. Re: Our LGBTQ community

And of course the word gender is missing in there a few times bc filter ??‍♀️ ^

17. Re: Our LGBTQ community

It is not in the negative. People who are transsexual all have a mutation that affect the proper release of certain hormones while they are in the womb to varying degrees. So they quite literally are a girl in a guys body or vice versa. As for homosexuality, it is has two different know causes. One is a mutation X-Chromosome usually passed on from the mother. The other is more frequent in large family and is caused my the mother having antibodies against testosterone or estrogen (from the birth of multiple boys or girls) causing the born child to have a improper balance of hormones. I am actually homosexual myself, I would never insult any member of the LGBTQ community. :)

18. Re: Our LGBTQ community

My post has sooooo many typos...I apologize I am very tired but you should be able to decipher them hopefully.

19. Re: Our LGBTQ community

transsexual has been used as a slur against trans people for decades, just like homosexual has been used against gay people. and no, we dont "all" have "mutations". being LGBT isn't a birth defect, thanks. don't condescend at me while spewing pseudo-scientific nonsense created and used solely to justify homophobic and transphobic practices.

20. Re: Our LGBTQ community

Mutation aren't a negative, they are an explanation. Mutations are how we went from being primates to being Homo sapiens sapiens that can walk up right. I am solely explaining the science behind it. It is not a birth defect, it is not a negative. It is simply the change of a DNA sequence that makes every person unique. I am very proud to be gay myself, and I'm not meaning for any of this to sound negative. This is just the scientific proof that being gay or trans isn't a choice despite what many still believe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.