National Coffee Day

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by boobookiti, Sep 29, 2015.

1. Happy National* Coffee Day

*United States National Holiday
    To celebrate National Coffee Day, I decided to make a thread dedicated to my one true love, coffee <3.

Brief History

Coffee is a brewed drink prepared from roasted coffee beans. The beans are actually the seed, or pit, found inside the berry of the coffea plant.
    The earliest credible evidence of coffee being used as a drink is around the 15th century. The Sufi Muslim monasteries roasted aand brewed the seeds in a similar fashion of how it is done today. By the 16th century it had spread throughout the Middle East, Persia, Turkey, and Northern Africa. From those regions it continued on through Italy and most of Europe. It first came to America during the colonial period and eventually filtered down into Central America.
    Of course now coffee is enjoyed all over the globe. Over 2.25 billion cups are consumed worldwide each day. Americans alone drink 400 million cups a day, equivalent to over 146 billion in one year.

Did You Know...

The most expensive coffee beans in the world are $1,100 a kilogram. In Thailand, Black Ivory coffee beans are fed to elephants. Their digestive enzymes remove a lot of the bitterness from the bean. They are then collected from the dung for processing.
     If milk is added to coffee,the fat content of the milk causes the human body to absorb caffeine at a slower rate.
    :geek: The first webcam was used to watch a coffee pot. It allowed researchers at Cambridge to monitor the coffee situation without leaving their desks.
    ? Coffee does not taste like it smells because saliva wipes out half of the flavor.
     Coffee loses caffeine as it is roasted. So, although a "bold" cup may have a richer flavor, it actually has less caffeine.
    So, players and apes alike, raise your mugs and enjoy. Thanks for reading and Happy Coffee Day all :D

2. Yay! I love coffee. ️?

3. Op, google most expensive coffee pls, its Kopi Luwak from Indonesia, youre wrong lols

4. Yyaaasss, I need this to survive.

5. im more of a tea girl than a coffee girl but i enjoyed this thread. good read also happy coffee day.

WhoTfIsWesday likes this.
  6. Its a coffee thread, you shall leave

7. I did. FYI Google is not god. Try doing more research before bashing my lighthearted thread. Kopi Luwak WAS the most expensive coffee. It is now surpassed by Black Ivory which is a newer brand made from rescue elephants.
    -"In Thailand Black Ivory coffee beans are fed to elephants, whose digestive enzymes remove much of the beans bitter taste. After being collected from their dung, these beans can sell for as much as $1,100 a kilogram making it the most expensive blend in the world. Another blend, Kopi Luwak is made through a similar process after being digested by the Asian Palm Civet; but it is sold for somewhat less at $100–$600 a pound.

Elephants, unlike humans or civets,(which kopi luwak us from) are herbivores. The fermentation happening in their gut as they break down cellulose helps remove the bitterness in the coffee beans.
    This is the world's rarest and most expensive coffee. An artisanal process whereby the finest Arabica coffee cherries have been naturally refined by rescued elephants."
    There. Now hush.

8. ok ok thats a good idea A+ effort for trying but how about no?
    yeah i like that idea better. 

9. (・ー・)オワッタナ・・・↑↑ i was telling you nonupdated fact by KnowEverythingMachine hehee♪ since maybe most of common coffeenoobs like me only know KopiLuwak.

Thx for info.
    Me like American frappuccino 好き(/∇\*)。o○♡

10. I love coffee ️ not coffee pooped out by another creature though ? gonna have to pass, on both the elephant poop coffee and the other poop coffee.

11. :lol: ty Pimd_c

12. Happy Coffee Day :)

13. Drink coffee for yellow teeth ?
    I'm all tea for exactly that reason 

14.  thank you so much for the great thread celebrating the sweet nectar of my mornings

15. I love you and coffee!!

16. Long live coffee