Myth "Fulfillment": The Unfair Pass

Discussion in 'Questions/Feedback' started by HearYourPlayers, Jan 31, 2020.

1. They have blocked me from sending help tickets. LOL.

2. "Make it interesting" really??? What even is this answer.
    We don't want it to be "interesting", we want it to be fair. People who did the same paths should get the same rewards, period. And that didn't happen. Most people didn't get the avatar at the end and some only got it when they restarted the app multiple times.

Can they do that? Wow, really trying to bury the issue and make it disappear. But there are other ways to get in touch with them and most importantly make other players aware of these problems, since a lot of people don't come to forums but have had the same problems with the Story Pass. If you meet someone who also had problems, refer them to this thread. This shouldn't be forgotten so soon, or they will think errors like this are acceptable and us players will lower our heads.

And I think it's good to let people know that if they encounter a problem with a purchase in the future, ATA might refuse to offer any assistance. So people think twice before putting their money on a pass.

-BB likes this.
  3. Honestly, I have had enough. I got tired of trying to establish a communication and explain how my pass glitched, just to be blatantly called a liar. As if I wasn't conscious of the choices I made.

Since I followed Muschi's guide and we all know that guide is correct, I am almost sure my pass glitched like some people have mentioned. And I didn't know I was supposed to keep restarting the app and pressing the option billions of times, so I ended up with zero rewards (I couldn't even pick the "an ending" option, nothing).

I give up, because don't have the energy or the time to get ATA to hear me out. And I don't think they care enough to hear us out, anyway. They have been getting hundreds of dollars from their top players, so it's clear we don't mean anything to them - we're small fish.

Sadly, I have put money and effort into something that did not work, and that compromised my trust in the developers of this game. Like I have mentioned in multiple posts before, it was my first purchase and I am truly upset by the way A Thinking Ape chose to ignore these issues. It's a shame because before all of this happened, I really used to think they cared about the community.

I have sincerely done what I could. If a miracle happens and they still fix this, I hope they see that I was also supposed to get the True Ending. But they might keep ignoring it forever.

I'm sorry all of you had to go through the same (or similar) thing. It really sucks. :(

Aphire, Muschi, Rogue and 5 others like this.
  4. It feels wrong to just let them get away with it. I've been looking for other ways to get in touch, and also trying to make other players aware of how ATA is treating this case.
    If nothing else, we deserved at least an explanation and apology.

While this might be how the greedy devs see it, it is important to remember that every purchase counts, and most players in this game aren't giving ATA $500 a month. We matter more than you think, because at the end of each month, all the small $10, $20 purchases from every "small fish" will amount to a whole substantial bit of money. They don't have the right to walk all over us, because we also keep this game running. And it seems very stupid of them to ignore that.

-BB likes this.
  5. Well, they've straight up word for word said they will suspend my account if I message them about it again.

Which tells me one thing; They know there was something wrong and they do not want to own up to it.

Rogue, HearYourPlayers and Dhiwatah like this.
  6. Bump. ❤️

7. Yikes, really?

Muschi, HearYourPlayers and Dhiwatah like this.
  8. Yup. So, that's where ATA is at on owning up to their mistakes.

Dhiwatah and HearYourPlayers like this.
  9. That’s messed up

HearYourPlayers likes this.
  10. Given that there hasn't been a new pass yet, maybe they are still working on a solution that will be fair to all ? Probably best to stop bugging them about it through help and honestly just choose if you want to keep playing the game if the next pass comes out and they never address what happened here.

ThePhoenix2HisSloth likes this.
  11. That's very easy to say if it didnt happen to you. And its important because this thread is proof ATA will never help with a messed up story pass.

12. I'm not saying don't document what went wrong bring attention about the problem to the community, but I am saying this: if they are auto-closing your tickets and threatening to suspend your account, then it's probably best to stop bugging them in that way. I hope it means they are working on a solution but they haven't decided exactly what it is or how to go about it. Clearly sending in help tickets is not going to solve that. &I noticed it's been quite a while since there has been a new story pass so it seems plausible that they are waiting to release a new one until they have the latest one sorted out. Of course I could be completely wrong, but I'm just trying to offer an idea for why they would just auto close tickets at this point.

13. Exactly. This thread exists mainly to document what happened and how ATA used the "right answers" mechanism of the pass against players, to make more people purchase the "restart pomegranate" and spend even more trying to get the rewards from the pass, even though they picked the right answers. We all know what the right answers were.

Every post here is important. It shows that there was a glitch and that it wasn't an isolated incident, it affected multiple people and they still chose to ignore the complaints.
    It shows how A Thinking Ape deals with complaints from their players, even when the complaint involves in-game purchases. You tried to claim the rewards that you were entitled to, and were met with dismissive replies and even threats of suspension simply for sending help tickets about a glitch. That's how it goes.
    It shows how much this company respects the individuals: we are nothing but numbers. All of you trusted enough to put money into this game, yet your expenses weren't acknowledged or respected.

The posts here also show how they will undermine and even insult players who work to create guides - since they kept replying to us that the "player made guides weren't accurate". But we know that everyone who ever dedicated their time and effort to create guides had the best interests of the community in mind. Known players have worked together to create a great walkthrough for the pass, and that was tested by many others. ATA, we know our community and we trust them to guide us. The Myth Fulfillment guide is 100% accurate.

Yes, at this point they might never look into the matter again. Developers are too busy creating new ways to make this game more unfair. And the best we can do is keep this thread here, so people can see what happened, and how ATA went through loopholes to maximize profit and screw over all these people who posted here, and I'm sure some more who don't use forums and didn't complain.

Negative feedback has an impact, because any community tends to trust other common users more than the company (which is why user ratings and reviews exist). So, I think we can't let it be buried because that's what ATA wants. They expect this case to be forgotten.

Muschi, -BB, eileen and 1 other person like this.
  14. I actually understand where you are coming from. I did stop sending help tickets in and many of us had because it definitely won't solve the problem. But what makes me upset is the help ticket system is what SHOULD of solved it. I think @HearYourPlayers has summed it up best.

I've always had the best interest of the game players at heart. I think I sound super fussy and loudmouthed. But I just want everyone to have a fair gaming experience. So I try to fight for the injustices I see. I do feel at this point in time the best thing we can do as players is educate our friends. This DID happen. This happened to many people. I think it's highly important that ATA did nothing. But I do hope Ata is more forthcoming with the next pass. I really do. I def wouldn't want this to happen to anybody else ever again. Although based off my unfair pass, I dont see myself contributing anymore to them. And people should be mindful of the risk taken. That ata may not be there to help them if they need it

Even people who did complete the whole pass and were missing hypnocats from the ending, they were denied compensation as well. And they had the 'true ending'. Its crazy

15. All I asked was 'How many hidden gems did I have?" as my story encountered an error (when I originally sent my first ticket) where it closed a week before the end of the pass. I don't know what happened or how and why so I sent a help ticket. ATA didn't respond until about one or two days before it was over saying if I got a restart I'd finish. Of course I couldn't and found out I wasn't the only one who got screwed and ATA refused to tell me how many of the gems I did earn and threatened to suspend me over it.

Because that's how you respond to errors. Decline, decline, decline, place blame elsewhere, and threaten.

HearYourPlayers likes this.
  16. I always gave ATA a very positive response and defended them on how they still provide a lot of free and mostly quality content regularly. After getting fucked dry by them without any acknowledgement leaves a bitter taste...

Muschi likes this.
  17. Small update: ATA's Marceline has commented on the pass issue, on the Green hunt thread.
    Even though her reply is pretty much the same old denial ("nothing wrong with the pass"), at least they have commented about it elsewhere - and publicly this time.

Thanks to @AdalineRose for posting about it again.

Muschi and AdalineRose like this.
  18. I think what you should do is take it a bit further and ask for a refund via the company you paid the pass through: Apple App Store, Google Play, Amazon or whatever platform you used. I know I was upset at this story pass because I was told by ATA that they couldn’t reveal anything about the correct choices (even when I verified and 100% picked the correct answers). Some players said that I may have picked the wrong answers on the very first cash tier of the story which seems like a very convenient way of just charging certain players more for the same rewards.

Aphire, Muschi and HearYourPlayers like this.
  19. up

Aphire likes this.