My professor needs a new job

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by WhoTfIsWesday, Nov 23, 2020.

1. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Me: "Hey where tf is my grade that I was supposed to get last Tuesday"

Professor:

This exchange was 2 days ago and I still haven't gotten it. This professor is so bad at her job.

2. Threaten to speak to her manager

WhoTfIsWesday likes this.
  3. If she wasn't one of the few indigenous profs at my university I woulda legit complained but I can't bring myself to since she is. She's given us random projects that weren't on the syllabus, is always late, misses classes w no explanation and is completely tech illiterate.

4. Sounds like my physics prof

Hope you survive

5. Ty. Good luck to both of us

6. Ariel,

Seen at 2:27pm ✔

Marilyn

7. I've recently learned to not beat around the bush with my emails. People be reading my emails and never following the instructions or providing me the information I clearly asked for.

It's exhausting.

You should email them back 🤧

Kefo and WhoTfIsWesday like this.
  8. I did and tried to be more straightforward. I try to be extra polite to professors because they're determining my grade but o well.

9. Actually that's fair LOL, clearly I haven't been in school for a while.

10. I have a rant from uni this sem.

1) An assignment I did had marks heavily deducted for not being in essay format. 4 of the 5 criteria bits of feedback based on the assignment's rubric referred to its format and formality but nowhere in the name of the assignment, the description of the assignment, or the rubric was the format mentioned or specified.

I lost idk how many marks just because of someone's personal preference.

But I passed the unit so I've chosen not to pursue it.

11. I've had that a few times, too. I argued w a TA because she didn't know the difference between were and where and I said "were I to compare' at one point and she told me I needed to spell where properly. I sent her a snippety email explaining the difference and got my half a mark back. But I was in an exceptionally bad mood, best to choose your battles wisely, you are right.

12. Surprised you found that at uni!
    I had that in high school. Used the word minute to mean small but she thought it was the time.

I guess it is hard to deal with fancy language when you have to read and mark so many assignments

13. I was surprised, too! Especially since she was a TA, they only let graduate students TA here. Her excuse was that she had skimmed and misread. Makes sense when they do go through so many

Kefo likes this.