[Mini contest] ESC 2019 countdown

Discussion in 'Other PIMD Discussion' started by I_dunno, May 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I mean technically majority of Israel are Ashkenazim, so European in (albeit 'recent*') descent. Even though Israel itself is actually in Asia.

But yeah, still weird that Israel aligns itself with Europe even though it's an Asian country. They're part of the EU, too. Although I suppose its relations with the surrounding countries in West Asia are... rocky, to say the least.

* in terms of, like, the past couple hundred years

2. I don't think it's weird, I see the connection here.

I think it's funny.

And I must leave this thread now before I get in trouble

3. I don't make the rules. I just enjoy a good show :p
    Is kinda the same with Australia taking part...why be so strict anyway? If Israel wanna party,let them party with Europe. We kinda lit anyway :lol:

4. 1. 1956
    2. 7 countries
    3. Switzerland

5. This will be updated shortly...gimme a few minutes to adjust for next round :)

6. Day 1 - Correct answers
    ESC started 1956.
    Seven (7) countries took part.
    Switzerland won the very first ESC.

Day 1 Winner
    The lucky Winner of last nights trivia was:

Labyrinthine-

Keep an Eye out for a Little something in your gift inbox...should be dropping shortly ;)

Relax, do not fear...following people* also Scored 1 Point:
    *Just didn´t get the "Winner of the day" Award.

Byte (1p)
    Rivalee (1p)
    Lea (1p)
    Nevena(1p)

Day 2 - 2019.05.12

Which year did ESC end up in Guinness book of World records and for what reason?

TODAY there will be chance of an extra Point if you get it right!
    For all newcomers there is a chance to Catch up!

Who is MY favourite this year?
    Now here are some clues:
    This country competes in the second semi-final.
    The flag has COLOUR X and COLOUR Y in it. COLOR X + COLOR Y =
    Green

Winner of the Day is the FIRST person with the RIGHT answer! If you ALSO get the extra question right there will be an extra prize! Daily prize up for grabs and chance of scoring that bento!
    Good luck! ;)

7. 2015 for being the longest running annual TV music competition

8. In 2015 for longest-running annual TV music competition!

9. Your favourite this year is Sweden

10. And yup ^ what he said Sweden!

11. My brain malfunctioned when I couldn't think what colours made green smh

12. I just had to check if it was Ukraine or Sweden, good thing they are performing on different nights

13. "Eurovision" and "Eurosong" redirect here. For the television exchange which the contest was named after, see Eurovision (network). For Belgium's final song and artist, see Eurosong (Belgium). For Greece's final song and artist from 2013 to 2015, see Eurosong - A MAD Show. For the most recent contest, see Eurovision Song Contest 2018. For the upcoming contest, see Eurovision Song Contest 2019. For other uses, see Eurovision (disambiguation).
    The Eurovision Song Contest (French: Concours Eurovision de la chanson),[1] often simply called Eurovision, is an international song competition held primarily among the member countries of the European Broadcasting Union. Each participating country submits an original song to be performed on live television and radio, then casts votes for the other countries' songs to determine the winner. At least 50 countries are eligible to compete as of 2018,[2] and since 2015, Australia has been allowed as a guest entrant.

14. Thought there were a few of Europeans active on forums, guess not. Glad changeover is at 8pm for me tbh

15. Did you literally just copy paste from Wikipedia

16. That gives a headache just to read :lol:

17. Sameeee...thought we was all gonna sit down and spill the ESC tea :( ~sniff sniff~

18. Oh im gonna be so salty if my country doesnt go to finals ???

19. Which one is that? :)

20. @I_dunno
    I'm trying to win anything in pimd :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.