Lettuce Reminisce

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by WhoTfIsWesday, Dec 31, 2020.

1. It's an important life skill

WhoTfIsWesday likes this.
  2. i finally have a silly little story to tell.

One time me and my dad went out fishing one summer afternoon, it was quite peaceful and there weren’t any fish biting but my dad was casting his line out really far and i wanted to know how to do that too so i made him teach me, i tried to cast my line out and ended up throwing myself out of the boat and into the water, my dad laughed at me for a good few minutes before pulling me out of the water LMAO ffs.

Kefo, WhoTfIsWesday and RoseMilkTea like this.
  3. Mmk. 1 time when i was 7 i i h a dream i was falling thru a never ending portal surrounded by fire breathing dragons. Then when i woke up i seen i had thrown up all over me and my bed

WhoTfIsWesday and Ghastly like this.
  4. Idk if i have any stories really. Alot of my childhood was spent in the truck with my dad n the rest i cant remember really

5. That's adorable. Mildly reminds me of this November. My fren's lil brother attempted suicide and was in the hospital. He did it at like 1am so in the evening, maybe like 8pm, I was w my fren at his house attempting to comfort. We were sitting at his kitchen table and he got rly down and was refusing to talk, so I reached out to touch his hand and ended up spilling the jug of water all over him. Temporarily got him out of his mood from the shock/amusement

Ghastly likes this.
  6. This story works. I've never thrown up in my sleep tho, if I feel that nauseous i always wake up. That's interesting

7. Yehh idk. Im lucky i guess. Maybe i did actul choke a bit n thats what woke me up coz i was sleeping on my back. But idk. Idk what woke me up

8. When I was in....... kindergarden? Kindergarten? Never sure tbh and too lazy to google it.

....When I was in the 0th grade, there was this girl Maria Cervantes that had a huge crush on me. I honestly did not find her pretty in the least. I remember she had really bushy eyebrows, maybe even a unibrow, she had a mole on her cheek, crooked teeth, and overall I just didnt think she was pretty, but I wasnt really into girls yet but I still talked to her and kinda hung out with her at school. However, I didn't treat her well at all. At that age I was really into fighting and wrestling, and I would use her as my training buddy. I remember I would hit her often (obviously not hard but enough for her to fall or be in a small amount of pain) and, really I bullied her. Maybe I liked her subconsciously and that was my way of showing it (you know what they say about kids being mean to their crush). But I remember specifically this one time in P.E., I dont remember what we were doing but we had a little bit of free time and I remember I told her to stand at a certain spot and not move, and she gladly complied with a big grin on her face. I then proceeded to like, slide kick her heels so she would trip/fall backwards like they did in the Street Fighter games, and she did fall back, and she started crying. The teacher saw it happen and he asked me why I did it and I didnt wanna get in trouble so I said because she had hit me first. Well we both got in trouble but she never denied it even though it was a lie.

Fast forward through the year, we "graduated" and my parents took a picture of me after we got our diplomas and went back to the classroom to have string cheese and milk, and the picture showed her a couple tables behind me, staring at me with a smile on her face.

Anyway we moved away to a different part of town that year and so I went to a different school.

One day my dad took my brother and I to a park near our house, and we were playing tag for a good 1-1.5hrs and I noticed a girl sitting by a bench staring at us. I got away from my dad and brother since I didnt wanna be "it" and noticed she was staring at me. Few minutes later I heard her call me by name, and well it turns out she was the same Maria girl from 0th grade (but of course you already came to that conclusion). We started talking and eventually we started playing together. My dad and brother were nearby resting and chatting, and she and I were just playing around on the monkey bars, I pushed her on the swings, etc. She still had the grin on her face. Her teeth weren't crooked anymore, she disnt have a unibrow, and the small mole kinda complimented her face. That's when I noticed she was actually really pretty and I kinda started having a crush on her. Anyway we played for a couple hours, and then we started to leave. She told me to come back another day to play some more and I was really looking forward to her. I left and looked back and she had that same look and smile she had in that picture from 0th grade.

Well, we never went back to that park again. It was out of our way and I couldnt go alone.

Fast forward about 3 years after our last encounter, I was living in Mexico for a year and by that time, Myspace had really hit off. I added a bunch of friends that I still had contact with from Elementary school but I never found her.

Around July 2006, another friend I had from 0th grade who was in the same class as Maria and I sent me a picture of an article from the local newspaper

Turns out around June 25th, she went to some waterfalls park with her family, and according to what her mother said, she noticed a little girl was drowning in a small lake close to the river current that eventually leads to a larger lake, so she went in to try and save the liytle girl, not knowing how to swim herself. She managed to push the little girl enough to the point where she eventually reached the shore, however the river's current caught Maria and dragged her down and she disappeared.

They recovered her body the next morning about 15 miles downriver where the river meets with the large lake. She drowned saving a stranger.

I never got to tell her how sorry I was for how I treated her in Kinder and it still kills me to this day. I wanted to that one day I came across her at that one park, however I used to not be good at expressing myself and never really knew how to tell her, but I feel like she knew how I felt and she forgave me.

Kefo likes this.
  9. I recall you telling that story in forums before. It's still sad. She sounds like she was a sweet person and I'm sure she didn't hold a grudge

10. Yeeeah I just copy/pasted it lol, didnt wanna write it all over again

11. Sir

Ka-Ka-KarotCake likes this.