Let's talk numbers:

Discussion in 'Strategy' started by Benzophenone, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Indeed!

Great freaking job, Benz! ?

2. This was so helpful! Specially because I couldn’t figure out stats and I was looking for answers everywhere w no results before opening this post, thank you so much

3. Well put together- Looking forward to more?

is the devs gonna fix misc now and remove the redundant cap?

4. This is great info. You're awesome benzo.

5. Gotta summarize this for myself a bit.

If you multiply your base stats by 50, you get your raw stats.

The raw stats of your dorms is the displayed energy total on your profile, and as your decreases, your dormies power decreases proportionally.

Your miscellaneous and furniture items display their raw statistical bonus to you. Because these aren't added to your energy, when your energy descreases, the bonus you get from them doesn't decrease.

One thing that I found confusing was that you said it would be simplest to express everything in terms of profile stats, but then multiplied rs stats by 5.

This is the raw bonus, not profile.

To arrive at profile bonus, we'd have to multiply it by *5, then multiply by .02 to arrive at .1 or 1/10th.

Simpler to take their stats and divide it by 10 like thread states, and all we have to do is shift a decimal point over.

[stats]4,144,058/884,112[/stats] > becomes
    [stats]414,405/88,411[/stats]

The raw bonus is shown in the RS screen but that needs to be divided by 50 to reach profile stats

Also tutors are missing from this mix. I was always convinced that tutors had a 0.2* multiplier, and that misc was lower.

On my alt, the displayed tutor bonus is 7,147,660 str

Which is the total of the profile stats of all my tutors added together.

Am I only receiving 2% of this as a bonus?

Also for a shorthand, you're saying that for every 1bcs of misc that someone has, they'll receive a bonus equal to 5/5mcs profile?

Please create a section for tutors to compare them to misc. You've hinted to them not being static?

I wanted to help with this project. If you need help formatting a section for tb and miscellaneous bonuses, just give me a holler and I'll be onto it.

6. Dang forums needs some sort of bookmark option cuz I would so bookmark this

7. Gimme a bit to stop driving and I'll look into your post, kefo.

8. Okay sorry for delay. I don't have my laptop on me so I probably won't have pictures in this.

All bonuses that are not applied directly from dormies are equivalent in power. Dormies are the only thing that isn't a fraction.

RS bonus is 1/10th, correct. I was just showing how you get that. Multiply by 5 and take 20% of that. 5x0.02=0.1. You can do the way the devs do, I was just giving the math behind it as an example of how the numbers work.

I can include a section on % bonuses, how they only apply to dormies, if you'd like.

Multiplying by 50 is the same as dividing by 2%, if you'd rather do that you can.

I can clarify on rs bonuses.

RS bonuses are 5x the profile stats of your rs. This number is a raw stat. To help us understand it better (it's easiest to compare things using profile stats, they're more intuitive) you can convert it into a profile stat using the 2% rule I've been using.

9. Yes, you only get 2% of your tutor bonus. It functions same as misc. Tb is currently pretty useless as you get a small bonus and it adds to hit ranges. It used to be required to have a healthy account, but misc over powers it much more currently.

10. Tut bonus functions the same way misc does, no?

11. Yes, minus hit range configuration.

12. What exactly does that mean?

13. Means that tb influences your hit range fully. So there isn't a cap of 100mcs or any of that nonsense. If you have any amount of tb, your battle bracket of 5x stats always follows it.

Basically so you're matched with "fair" opponents.

14. Great stuff
    Support

15. I’m glad I didn’t skip over this, time for screenshots

16. Strange says the 5x thing doesn't exist. Totally player fabricated. It's much more complex.

17. Perhaps now that misc is capped at 100mcs

And with that t7 glitch

18. Age old info but nicely written

19. I think many players don't know this information. I think it's helpful to share with people just getting into pvp so they can build their accounts wholly instead just cat Cafe their profile stats.

20. Real question is: What's 9 + 10? ?