Kpop fans?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Solaaris, Oct 16, 2018.

1. I get the second if you don't really like pop, but I don't get why the first reason is even a reason? Should music just be confined to a language you just know, then?

2. It's a personal reason, to me it seems pointless to listen to music and not understand what it means. I get that we can just look it up, but why bother? Plus I can't even sing along lol so it's still a no for me.

Rizky likes this.
  3. Point taken that it's a personal reason. Please still do understand my point that music sung in a different language is not good enough reason for thumbing it down. Thank you. 😊

4. πŸ˜• Well I will certainly not give it a thumbs up πŸ˜‚ so... I will give it a thumbs down as much as I want to. πŸ‘‹βœ‹πŸ‘‹

5. If it's TL;DR for you, main point is SHINee started me on this since 2012. 🌚

I saw SHINee's Sherlock in MYX Daily Top 10 last 2012 and I fell in the rabbit hole ever since. The first groups I stan were SHINee, 2NE1, Wonder Girls, Girls' Generation, Super Junior, and CNBlue. I can't get enough until now and currently, I stan a lot of groups.

6. Alright, suit yourself. I was not even asking you to thumb it up. 😊

7. Actually,a lot of rock-ish bands are still called Kpop bandsbands (e.g. FTISLAND AND CNBLUE) And what's the problem if it's a different language? Language should never be a problem when listening to music.

Saturday likes this.
  8. Hm, I disagree. Some people prefer to listen to things that they can understand. While I enjoy listening to things in languages I don't understand, I don't think people that prefer to enjoy music in a way that is accessible to them are doing anything wrong. Rice added on that he likes to sing along to music, too, and singing along in a foreign language, while possible, can be difficult. Prefering to listen to music you can understand doesn't harm anyone.

I know that growling vocals in death metal can be a turn off to even some metal fans, because they are difficult to understand (as well as harsher on the ears) γƒΌ even if it's still in English!

WhoTfIsWesday and Saturday like this.
  9. Blackpink, I used to like Girls Generation but you know what happened to them...

10. Also just thought I’d link this since it’s....ya know β€œon topic”

Saturday likes this.

11. I forgot we can post links πŸŒšπŸ˜‚ Here is one of my favorite tracks from one group.

It's a song of healing for me and relaxes me everytime, I just wanted to share it here.

EVILSHORTI and Vante_Cypher like this.
  12. If you're trying to introduce a person to K-pop, where do you start?

I usually start mixing information about negative things together with the good things (+: introducing groups, meaning of lyrics, own experiences, K-pop in public, additional info they want to know; -: sasaengs, factual scandals, toxicity in fandoms).

I was just thinking that in order for fans (inclusive to those who ask to know more about it) to stay, they should know the ups and downs of the industry. After showing them, then it's up to them to continue to support or drop the whole idea of being a fan.

I want to know if anyone here does this kind of thing, too or if you have your own way? 😊

13. I have never felt inclined to introduce anyone to kpop. A lot of ppl don't like the sound of pop music in general so I assume if they would like it then they'd find out on their own. Also I donut like most kpop. When ppl try and smash korean music as a whole doe I will mention talented indie artists/rappers/other ppls because I feel like kpop gives South Korea a negative perception to a lot of ppl and they don't realize that there's tons of actual musicians

14. Maybe if you're dancing or smthing language doesn't matter but then it wouldn't need words, it would just be a melody. The words are there to tell a story of some sort and are most of the appeal of music.

Ricecakes and Muschi like this.
  15. I only introduce to fans that actually ask me irl or pm me wanting to know more, other than this situation, I'm usually just a wallflower.

I agree that hearing K-pop being blasted most of the time might be annoying, but mentioning other artists in order for fans to "realize that there are tons of actual musicians" is a bit off-putting for me. A lot of K-pop groups and solo artists write their own lyrics, produce their own music and arrangements, and help direct their own music videos even. Learning that some people think of them as "not actual musicians" is a bit saddening.

16. I'd randomly post songs in here, too. Here is one of my faves from Seventeen from their 2017 Al1 (Alone) album. 😊

EVILSHORTI likes this.
  17. My favorite Blackpink song because the first time I've heard it, it felt like they're conveying more emotions rather than just showing their fierce concept. Turns out, Jennie contributed in writing the lyrics so it's close to their hearts. 😊

YG needs to learn how to trust their artists' writing skills and clear up all the recent issues because their artists are suffering from their own laidback way of solving stuff. 🌚

Cassidy_3 and EVILSHORTI like this.
  18. The meaning of the song caught me off-guard because it's unexpected. Basically, it is a slightly mature twist to the Cinderella story (idek why I put mature tbh, maybe it's because that's what I think of the tune and some parts of the lyrics 🌚).

I'd probably post lyric videos rather than music videos because this way, the meaning would be the main focus (Chung Ha always distracts me with her choreography in the MVs tbh πŸŒšπŸ˜‚).

EVILSHORTI likes this.
  19. This next one is a bomb dropped by Jimin at the end of 2018.

Fans would know how hardworking he is as he is originally a contemporary dancer and he has this perfectionist attitude that he gets upset even when he only makes minimal mistakes on-stage (He thinks that he is less worthy of the cheers because of the mistakes).

He made this song for himself and also for the people who feel the same way at times. It's a reminder that no matter what happens, you are your own light.

His original tweet says:
    "Everyone, you've waited a long time, right? I finally shared my own song with the public. This is a song for me, as it is a song for you. It's the first time and it is still premature but please enjoy it. Thank you for waiting, ARMY.”

EVILSHORTI likes this.
  20. Kpop doesn't do good music