Kefo's Guide to RP

Discussion in 'Strategy' started by Kefo, Nov 24, 2017.

1. Kefo, the forum writer we all need but do not deserve.

2. That's so nice of you to say. Thank you, Ducky.

3. First of all,support.
    Second of all,should have gotten examples of rp from me.
    Third of all, what level am i on the rp spectrum:)

4. Support. My level is over 9000

5. You can add your experiencesto your resumè

Kefo likes this.
  6. No support rp fairies

7. I wouldn't expect anything more from a level 1 :evil:

8. You know I love you <3

9. Nubby love^

10. Where's my arpee?

11. This made me wet.

12. Did it tickle your wenis a little bit?

13. hawt

14. Daddy pls

15. Excuse me sir, but have you heard of
    LITERATE ROLEPLAY?

Ex.

“This style of RP is for nerds,” Jane Doe said as she jumped into a busy street.

You do not need to use asterisks or hyphens. Write it like a book. This style of roleplay is those cringy but literate kiddos out there.

You did slightly mention this within the first few paragraphs, but the directions and/or actions for in parentheses.

Kefo likes this.
  16. what did I just read

17. That's really just illiterate RP because literacy involves following the sensible conventions that evolved for this medium. RP has actions within asterisks and hyphens so we can tell.
    I guess most people aren't writing article-length blocs. I'd say that that stops being RP and starts actually being novel-writing and the medium of a pm/dm is really not the best for it.
    People can email eachother long portions of text in that way, but when this happens it tends to be jaunty, if you're describing your actions over the period of ~2 days, and the other person doesn't get to react to what you do for all that time, it's like just drawing half of Michaelangelo's The Last Supper, before lifting your pen.
    You're not that fun to play with unless the other person wants to make the other half of the page a Monet and also wait hours between inputs.

I do see it as being pretentious to have a vision of a text and just write it as you please in a team-game. You may as well write alone if you're going to that length. The drawing with the lines and such is often blah and messy, while RP can be quite elegant, and the adaptation to what the other person does doesn't only require "literacy", it requires shared vision, problem-solving skills, co-operation, and tact.

RP is a team sport.

18. This was absolutely hilarious. Probably the second time a forum thread legitimately made me laugh. Thank you :lol:

19. ;) It was a joy to write. Glad you like it too ✅