Jam and Gravy

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by WhoTfIsWesday, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Am bored at work so I made waffles w raspberry jam, syrup and gravy. Apparently this is a weird combo but I find it delicious. Name some other weird but tasty combos.i feel like there was a thread for this but it's old so here's a new one.

Maddi_Matsu likes this.
  2. Gravy? On waffles? [​IMG]

Muschi, WildBlueberry and Maddi_Matsu like this.
  3. Doritos and buffalo sauce inside a turkey sandwhich

WildBlueberry likes this.
  4. I donut eat Turkey but chips in sandwiches is delicious. Hate doritos tho, also cannot eat em. I like dill pickle in sandwiches

5. I just ate meatballs with cranberry jam and gravy so i can't judge

Manic and WhoTfIsWesday like this.
  6. What in the name of all things unholy is that Thankensteinian THING you have done?!!!

Muschi and WhoTfIsWesday like this.
  7. It was pretty good, I recommend you try it.

8. I don't think I could ever top that atrocity to cuisine, but when I was a kid I used to have biscuits with peanut butter and cheese

9. WHY DO YOU ALL HAVE AN ISSUE WITH IT? people eat chicken and waffles, it's pretty much the same thing sans meat.

Peanut butter w cheese sounds nasty tho

10. I actually had chicken & waffles for dinner.

I think it’s the gravy that’s throwing everyone off, I personally have no problem with it. I can’t think of any recent weird combos that I’ve done but remember some from when I was smaller: Syrup on my scrambled eggs & mayo on my quesadillas. The egg one doesn’t have a lot of appeal to me anymore but I tried the mayo one again and it wasn’t too bad.

WhoTfIsWesday likes this.
  11. I used to love syrup on scrambled eggs. Syrup on everything except for pancakes tbh back when I was a kiddo. Cannot relate to the quesadilla one but I used to love mayo so I'd probs be into it

Maddi_Matsu likes this.
  12. To add to this: I am enjoying some soy sauce on some vanilla nice cream rn. Is pretty good. Like salty sweet but in a dif way

Maddi_Matsu likes this.
  13. You're killing me 😂

14. I insist that you try it. Just a smol splash

15. That actually sounds interesting, I might have to try that, after all I like soy sauce on everything lol

16. IDK if this is popular anywhere else but in Portland, peanut butter wings and peanut butter burgers are a pretty big thing and also they are fucking delicious.

17. This is some white people shit

18. I decided to try because this new Filipino ice cream shop near me sells a bunch of interesting flavours. The soy sauce one doesn't come in a dairy-free version doe so they told me to just splash it on vanilla and it would taste the same

Maddi_Matsu likes this.
  19. It's Filipino actually...