I made a list

Discussion in 'Other PIMD Discussion' started by WhoTfIsWesday, Jan 14, 2020.

1. You might just have to read an English version

2. There isn't one yet, which is part of the problem. :(

WhoTfIsWesday likes this.
  3. What Hailey said. Also I donut like translated versions of anything very much =/ I feel like it changes the story

4. I remember learning that the English-translated version of Sailor Moon changed the fact that Sailor Uranus and Sailor Neptune were girlfriends (canon in the original Japanese) and made them cousins instead because ~lesbianism bad~, but kept all the gay subtext between them. (They did eventually alter it so that the English version now recognizes they are girlfriends, but they were technically incestuous cousins in the English version for many, many years.)

5. That's one of my favourite translations tbh. Not that I can read Japanese but I love that they thought incest would be more acceptable for kids to watch than lesbianism. They also gave all the characters anglophone names which is meh

Maddi_Matsu and Muschi like this.
  6. I stereotyped her ๐Ÿคฃ

Maddi_Matsu, WhoTfIsWesday and Muschi like this.
  7. Me thinking about Jesus' Apostles

8. And the savior himself. Idk where they came up with Jesus since apparently the direct translation of Yeshua (Jesus' name) is Joshua.

Maddi_Matsu and Muschi like this.
  9. I think there are other important Joshuas in the Bible so they probably made it Jesus to make it more unique and stand out more, honestly.

10. What's her @ so I can go tell her to leave my bbg rs alone ๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿ˜ 

11. Stereotypes about majors or whatever based on ethnicity or race is stupid. Don't forget Miss Universe is from Africa (google her, she's really beautiful), so if she can break all the stereotypes (as she did) then anyone else can ๐Ÿ˜โค

Maddi_Matsu likes this.
  12. What stereotypes did she break by being miss universe?

13. You're cyoot.

14. Sheโ€™s not white

15. Have all the past ones been white? I dun watch shows like that

16. I donโ€™t either I just googled. She is the third women from South Africa to win and the first black women to win since 2011

17. Coolness

Maddi_Matsu likes this.