Help with hiring tutors

Discussion in 'Strategy' started by Nia95, May 31, 2020.

1. I hope I'm posting this in the right topic...
    Anyways, I'm new
    This is like my 9th day, and I have one question. How am I supposed to hire tutors (i need to make more money to upgrade) if more experienced players keep on hiring them back?
    They're either telling me to not hire their tutors or they just keep on infinitely hiring back..
    Am I allowed to play here or 1year+ old players make the rules?

chal likes this.
  2. People are always able to buy back tuts. Some people get weird about you hiring their tutors, if I hire one that gets hired right back I just go hire a new one. Just keep hiring more it’s no big deal

Muschi, LeeJarrett and Nia95 like this.
  3. Your tutors are very underpriced. If you don’t want them hired, overprice them. Tutors are a commodity and an important part of game mechanics. You’ll figure it out in time.

Muschi and Nia95 like this.
  4. Oh, i thought being underpriced was a good thing

5. Underpriced is a great thing for building tutor bonus. But it means you have to spend time shopping and hiring, knowing they will get hired again. And you’ll need to not be sensitive about wall posts lol.

Muschi and Nia95 like this.
  6. Having strong tutors won't really come in handy until way later, or if you want to get into farming early on.

If you don't want to get into farming, what you can do for now is focus on increasing the price of one of the stronger tutors you have, and ignore the rest, if they get hired away. It would be preferable if the one you keep is inactive, because people are less likely to hire them away, and you choose when to bump their price.

Also, a small crash course into tutor bonus for hitting parties: you will get more cash and drops for every hit, if you have enough money in tutors. There is, however, a cap for the cash bonus, AND, if you don't reach that cap, it will take more effort to get more drops from parties. That cap is called "max plunder".

The way max plunder is calculated is: your strength + intelligence * 15.
    For example, your str + int amount to 136k combined. 136 * 15 = 2,040. That means, you have to have 2 bil and 40m (roughly) in order to achieve max plunder.
    Or, if you're lazy like me, just remember that for every 100kcs you have, you must spend 1.5b. For every mcs, 15b. And so on.

Basically, you would benefit more from having a good foundation to increase your cash income from parties right now, and then bother with having lots of tutors later on ;)

Piggys24, Dalmau2020, Muschi and 2 others like this.
  7. This sounds so complicated 😳
    Correct me if I'm wrong.. I have to spend 2.4B in tutors?

8. I will make it easy for you. You can hire my tutors 😎

Nia95 likes this.
  9. That’s probably about right. Maybe a bit less.

Muschi, Cavalera and Nia95 like this.
  10. Can I? 🥺🥺

11. More like 2.04B

Muschi likes this.
  12. Oops, my mistake 🤣

13. All tuts are always for sale, that's why they have a hire button.

Cavalera, Muschi and V_Witchy_101 like this.
  14. Yeah well, tell that to those who get angry when i hire their tuts lol

15. Oh I do. I am not shy to set noobs straight on this topic

16. I like you 🤓

Muschi and LetsGoBrandon like this.
  17. People either like Julie or hate her. I’m on the like side as well. Welcome to the group.

Muschi, Nia95 and LetsGoBrandon like this.
  18. She's definitely an acquired taste. I remember I used to go head-to-head with her a lot in my first couple months. 👀 We're both headstrong people.

V_Witchy_101, Day and LetsGoBrandon like this.
  19. 🙃Do you even play pimd if you haven't fought with me yet?

V_Witchy_101, Day and Muschi like this.
  20. Are you that popular here? 😂😂