Guide to this PVP hunt

Discussion in 'Other PIMD Discussion' started by SweetZaphkiel, Aug 10, 2021.

1. Summary of PVP hunt:

đź’ś According to forums you can only GAIN / GENERATE bats through hitting parties.

đź’ś Bats will not be created / generated upon hitting a player.

đź’ś You can only STEAL bats other players have gained through hitting parties.

đź’ś Gaining 666 of these bats causes them to transform into a single notched bat, which cannot be stolen.

đź’ś Tip to gain bats quickly: hit players with a lot of bats accumulated 400-600 to gain most bats.

đź’ś When you have a lot of bats, try to hit from DTW until you gain 666 for them to combine.

đź’ś The amount if notched bats you have determines your place on the leaderboard. (The 666 combined version)

RAVING, -EstellaHoe, Pasithea and 8 others like this.
  2. Omg thank you so much ❤️

driperella__ likes this.
  3. Great job! ❤

4. Really helpful! Thank you đź’™

5. Thank you! I think this is really helpful!

6. To clarify: hitting players who have 0 bats will net you.. 0 bats. You can only STEAL, not generate. ^-^

SweetKara likes this.
  7. It’s glitchy not working tbh

8. I got stolen 130bats that i didn't generate doing parties. There's a side story that you need to loose 350 bat, you must follow through to gain bats again once it starts.

9. Full disclosure, I’m writing this as just another player. I still don’t have all the answers. If anything I have here is wrong, let me know. If you have something you want answered or tips you’d like to add, drop them in the comments. I’ll add to this as I figure things out.

How do I get bats?

You get bats two ways- completing parties (specifically potd, ppotd, and ec parties) and by stealing them from other players.

I’m hitting people, but I’m not getting bats.

This is common, and the algorithm is tricky. Here are some places to start.

Check your stats and the stats of the person you’re hitting. As far as I’ve seen, you want to be hitting people that have about a quarter of your stats. So, as a 9MCs player, I’m hitting players that are 2-3 MCS for bats. Once you find someone you can hit successfully for bats, check their stats and look for more people in that stat range.

That said, it’s also partially luck. I can hit the same player five times, win all my hits, and only get bats for two hits. It’s a bit finicky. Just because you can hit someone successfully doesn’t guarantee you any bats.

It’s also partially dependent on how many bats your target has. It will be easier to get bats from someone with 500 bats than from someone with 8. You’ll also take more bats from players with more bats.

Key takeaway here- keep trying. The algorithm is tricky and we’re still figuring it out.

I’m landing hits, but not taking any bats. Am I taking people’s money?

No.

The pvp mechanism has changed for this hunt. You still gain money, but you don’t take it from your opponent. You don’t take any stamina from them either. Hitting someone successfully has no effect on someone unless you take bats.

What’s a notched bat and how do I get one?

666 monster hunter’s bats make a notched bat.

You must collect notched bats to make progress in “The Bosky Man PVP” extracurricular, and to get onto the leaderboard.

People keep hitting me out of nowhere, how do I make them stop?

You really can’t. You’re welcome to put a message on your wall or in your status, but unless you use a peace tag, you can’t stop the hits.

That said, keep in mind that the hits don’t take anything from you, except for the occasional bats. You will not be losing money.

If someone does hit you randomly, it’s best to assume they were just trying for bats. Because this is a pvp based hunt, there’s no reason to panic about “getting farmed”.

Again, this is just what I’ve found so far. If you have other tips or other questions, let me know!

<3 Soph