[Guide] to PvP on PIMD for new/mid players

Discussion in 'Strategy' started by Kefo, Jan 10, 2018.

1. Dawwwwh u got stickied, congrats kefo! Odd, people don't even troll with "sticky" anymore. I miss sticky.

2. Ohhh that truck stop in Toledo?? Yeah totally did there. Hoping u realize that my "shit" stands for shìt and not whatever u idiots are mind wandering about....

3. Tbh I'd omit the community values part of the bit..
    Common sense is something you have or don't. If one is a moderator do they not hire from one in a system war? Some may
    If a smaller member makes a bad decision and gets farmed by someone bigger does admin/club feel obligated to help? You need to deal with some of your own bad choices

4. The titles are arbitrary.

Moderators don't need to be placid and abide by these community values. What they do is their choice. The only book they need to abide by to maintain their position as a moderator is the ToU. They can farm people for showcase items, outside hit on wars, or whatever they please. Mods can face the wrath of players, and they do for far less. People hold absurdly high standards for their behaviour, much higher than necessary. They're players like you and I. If a mod wants to outside hit on war or hire someone's well-priced tutor who is in war, they can take the inc. they're not immune.

Obviously being small doesn't predicate innocence and lack of responsibility. I clearly stated this and don't feel the need to stress common ethical sense to people more heavily than I did. It'd be patronising.

But just in case I have to, I'll give a miscellaneous example of 2 community values coming to a head that often confuses people.

Scenario 1)
    Someone is in a club war and has hired an underpriced tutor without bumping them.
    A few hours into war, they go away, Someone trawling through the tutor hire list, sees an underpriced tutor and hires them, the person whose tutor got hired loses multiple billions from inc. from other players.

Who is at fault?

Undoubtedly; it is both of them. The whole debacle could have been prevented is a) the tutor was well-priced, and b) the person didn't hire the undepriced tutor.

Scenario 2)
    Someone bumped their tutor so that they're at a keeping price, and they go to a system war; a few hours later someone hires it, the person loses a bunch of money despite bumping their tutor to make them a less profitable investment to hirers.

Who is at fault here? It is obviously the fault of the person who hired the tutor. The person in war took the most effective precaution in securing the tutor and their money, yet the other person, despite seeing that the tutor was at a secure price, and probably also that the person was in war, hired anyway.

Abe. There are overlaps of these values, they're not the laws or robotics. Ethics are complex, but these are community values and they're useful for players to know. Applying all of them together is better than applying only one or the other or neither. If you haven't kept your tutor at a good price, someone hiring a tutor from you isn't entirely their fault; Your neglect also contributes.

These are basic and easy to grasp. Rather new players at least know them than not.

5. Kefo for honor student / mod

6. bump for Will's friend

7. Overall a good work.

8. Thanks Kefo :)

9. Anyone want to spill the beans and tell me the secret of “easedropping” 

10. There is no secret to it. You use it to find out which dormmates people are using

11. Make a useful guide my guy, like a party guide

12. you take mo money from oppo if you got mo cash in tuts. pls promote tb 
    idiot

13. I mention max plunder in another guide which I'll update in a few minutes

14. Man I,m So Hungry I'll Go Ask Alex

15. Oh can someone summarize

16. thank you

17. Incorrect forgot the part of being a cc fairy for stats then pretending they're badass who love wars and farming.