Guide to Dignity

Discussion in 'Strategy' started by Kefo, May 2, 2020.

1. Another matter entirely, though, somewhat related, I dislike people getting on a high horse over misinformation and straight up stupid unchallenged views.

Maddi_Matsu likes this.
  2. I believe dignity has nothing to do with anything on this misguided post. I've met farmers with dignity, as well as party fairies, it's those who are who they are, but respect others, whatever that means, you don't need to make it a whole thing, there are no requirements to be dignified, to think so, is a bit elitist, or, just stupid, mr "I am going to name everything differently from the rest of the pimd community and should be listened to because I post in forums a lot" 😊👍 no, not calling you out, just keeping to my own sense of dignity, and despite my name, I won't rp with you, for my own dignity... not that I think I have any more, I just don't like haughty over opinionated perverts and wannabe community leaders flexing and telling people what to think about a basic human feeling.

Noen and Maddi_Matsu like this.
  3. My dignity compelled me to asked to be kicked so you could take your frustrations out on me, see? Different definitions. I don't need a tag, I'd rather be responsible for my words. Farm away if you're offended.

4. 🤔 yes, I was disgusted enough to bother enough with a forum post as this. You have no respect for people who are just nice, just don't want to rp, just don't want to farm, and just don't want to agree with you. THERE ARE PLENTY OF PEOPLE WITH DIGNITY THAT DON'T AGREE WITH YOU KEFO.

Noen and Maddi_Matsu like this.
  5. Tell me horrible I am Kefo, I look forward to your lesson "sensai".

6. 👁👄👁

Puma61, Kefo and Day like this.
  7. I meant to say sensei here, though, very much ironically, Kefo, you haven't been a teacher or worth listening to for awhile. 👀... might be a good idea to stop trying to change the game and learn it yourself at this point. I read but don't talk often, you may want to to try to do the same.

Maddi_Matsu likes this.
  8. @Ecchi
    I know where I stand and I half posted this ironically. I'm aware of how judgemental and unpleasant I can be at time but I know that many people agree with these standards as well.

In the second half, I talk about how you really don't need any of that to be dignified. The whole image of Kirk Van Houten being proud to sleep in a racing car after recently getting divorced and being in a rough patch is a great symbol to me. He said "I could never do that while I was married" and is free.
    I think that's beautiful. I agree. I've met dignified people of all sorts, and frankly the "not being afraid to RP" one was just a sign of how many people on pimd are stuck up and look down on those who RP. Seeing it as beneath them when it's just a form of expression.

I appreciate your feedback and I've been trying to learn all the changes in the game. There is a lot to catch up with and I keep talking even when I'm behind because I'm just doing me and speaking my truth. And I will acknowledge when I'm not an expert on things.
    If people come to me with price checks I'll tell them not to take my word for it after giving my rough opinion.

I don't feel like too much of a bigot but I do try to encourage and discourage certain behaviours in the hopes of improving the game even if it's hypocritical.

I'm not afraid to be a hypocrite.

I appreciate your responses.

You're right and you do the thing I listed as being dignified which is speaking your truth, and you think I'd farm you and that it would cause me discomfort and still posted regardless which is chill.

Really the one thing I crave is more voices and opinions in forums to contend with. Every post I make, I want something like this to come about and I just have to thank you for posting. Feel free to speak up against me more often if you see anything you consider outdated or stupid 😊❤️

iMavis and Muschi like this.
  9. @Ecchi maybe I'm wrong since idk kef v well but I did not think he was being at all serious w this post. And even if he was, he's just one person, it isn't something to take to heart

Puma61, Kefo, Day and 1 other person like this.
  10. O nvm he here. Disregard me and my third party thoughts

Day and Muschi like this.
  11. It was 50% unserious/ironic, so you're half correct. I'll only disregard you partially

Kefo and WhoTfIsWesday like this.
  12. I appreciate you respecting a differing opinion, but, the spiritt of a "guide for dignity" was very, well, misguided. I have agreed with many of your posts over the years, but making such a guide is, just silly. 👀 Dignity, respect, honor, love, etc, these things are subjective and not to be defined by a single person, these things are not like things you've helped with, dignity is too wide of a subject to try to objectify, it was a bad idea to try.

Maddi_Matsu likes this.
  13. I would strongly suggest you make it EXTREMELY clear these are YOUR OPINIONS, not an actual guide for behavior.

Maddi_Matsu likes this.
  14. 🙃But that isn't as fun

15. No one has the right to arbitrate or idealize such a subjective thing, with all due respect.

16. You find it fun to tell people how to think? I find it more fun to hear others, disagreement or not, and weigh the dignity they have, considering their own position, not dictating it.

Maddi_Matsu likes this.
  17. Here is the second half of the thread where I don't arbitrate.

18. I felt like he did that tbh.

19. I offered for you to farm me for my "genuineness", since thats what you think it takes, I have met many who don't want that nonsense, or drama, whom I still think share that geniuiness, and care for others, as well as their own dignity. I simply find your "requirements for dignity" very flawed. If one doesn't tale part in fights regarding pride, they have no dignity? If people don't rp they have no dignity? I can do both of these things and have none, or neither, and have plenty, It's simply very flawed logic.

20. If you would , please, highlight where he did that in the original post besides asking what it means to one's self? That is just begging for more attention, the rest of it seems rather authoritative. 😊 And I've known farmers and fairies both with dignity, this whole thing seems like a giant waste of pixels.

Maddi_Matsu likes this.