[Guide] PvP on PIMD for new/mid players

Discussion in 'Strategy' started by Kefo, Jan 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PvP is short for player versus player and is the basis of PIMD. In 2010, when PIMD was first released, the only way to make money was by hitting other players, and all the game's mechanics are fundamentally based on PvP.

In this guide I’d like to briefly introduce you to:

1-PvP actions
    2-how to take lots of money and keep your money safe
    3-how energy influences your character
    4-the Hidden battle arenas
    5-the contexts of PvP
    6-builds
    7-some brief points on community values surrounding PvP.

In most engagements with other players, you’ll be able to retaliate and win, and the best way to do this is by using the battle actions smartly.

If you view someone’s profile and click the ‘battle’ button
    , or click the frowny face in the ‘meet people’ list, the battle screen will appear. On this battle screen you have 4 options:

• Fight
    • Dance Off
    • Prank
    • Eavesdrop

These options each manipulate up to 4 things: Your energy, your money, your opponent’s energy, and your
    opponent’s money.
    From here on, I’ll refer to opponents as ‘oppo’.

Fight
    Own Energy: Goes down by 10%
    Own Money: Goes up moderately
    Oppo Energy: Goes down mildly
    Oppo Money: Goes down moderately

Dance
    Own Energy: Goes down by 7%
    Own Money: Goes up extremely
    Oppo Energy: Goes down minutely
    Oppo Money: Goes down mildly

Prank
    Own Energy: Goes down 3%
    Own Money: No Change
    Oppo Energy: Goes down extremely
    Oppo Money: No Change

Eavesdrop
    Own Energy: Goes down by 2%
    Own Money: No change
    Oppo Energy: No change
    Oppo Money: No change
    Special: Gives you TOP SECRET INFORMATION (and your oppo won’t know who ED’d them)

Basic summary of the 4 actions
    Fights - take lots of money and a bit of energy, make you quite a bit of money, but also cost you lots of
    energy.
    Dance offs - take very little money or energy, but make you lots of money while costing you a bit over
    half the energy you make in a regen.
    Pranks - take lots of energy while costing you only a bit, but don’t earn you money or take money from your oppo.
    Eavesdrops - are for spying and some other secret uses that I won’t list in here (ask around).

Money

Money Loss
    In the previous section in the “oppo – money” section, I mention that some actions take money, however the pool from which the oppo may lose money is their cash ‘on hand’ or ‘out’ or ‘in their purse’ whatever you choose to call it. And the amount that they will lose is proportional to the
    amount that they have out. So if they have nothing out, they can't lose any money, and if they have like 1b out, you will take much less than if they have 1T
    out.

Money Maintenance
    To keep your money safe, invest in tutors, bank it, or send gifts to people. Just minimize the amount
    of money that is in your hand; also if you don’t lose a fight, you won’t lose any. So defending battles will keep you safe too.

Energy

Your overall power is influenced by your energy level. When your energy bar is low, you are tired, and when it is empty you are sleeping. While sleeping you cannot attack other players or be
    attacked, but you wake up slowly and will be tired and vulnerable for a while so in PvP it is always optimal to
    have your energy full so that you are able to have fast reaction times and do more damage. Having more energy increases your chances of winning a battle, but also increases your payout (plunder) from winning.

Battle Arenas

On PIMD there are hidden arenas for battles that are determined by the game’s mechanics. All players are always in an arena and they cannot ever be left. These arenas are specified
    to your stats continuously as you upgrade to make sure the game is always fair.
    People who are in the same arena as you are between 1/5th and 6x your stats, meaning that you cannot hit anyone larger than 6x your stats, or smaller than 1/5th, and their arenas will include different people to yours.

If you attempt to hit someone out of these bounds, you will get a pop-up saying either 'Defender too Weak' or 'Defender too Strong'

The lower limit 'DTW' of who you can hit is determined by the dorm mates you can use. The ones with the most uneven stats
    all have a ratio of 1:6 or 6:1 str:intel, meaning that if someone is less than 1/6th your stats, it will basically be impossible for them to hit you more than half of the times, so this is unfair.

Just for an example, say you’re 70kcs [stats]10,000/60,000[/stats] and someone is 1/6th your stats, at about 12kcs.
    If they built their stats specifically and optimally to beat you, they would max out their strength (your weakest stat). 1/6th of 70kcs is about 12kcs. If they optimize their build, they’ll be [stats]10,000/1,600[/stats] if built optimally to counter you. In this, they are just barely equal to you, but anything less than this would be unfair.

On top of this, instead of having that hard-line rule of 6, A.T.A nerfed it
    and made it 5x, so that weaker players will have more flexibility when choosing builds and don't need to be perfectly built to defend themselves, like in that example.

The upper limit, ‘DTS’ grants badass and determined players the ability to hit people much larger than them and actually get away with it, however they tend to not deal much damage to said
    players, but they will make a lot of money. Also the larger players could drop stats and get revenge, so it is a risky play, but as always, high risks are rewarded with higher rewards and in
    this case, it is the highest reward in the game.
    A player is only DTS, or too large to hit, if they're more than 6x your stats
    BUT if someone is between 5 and 6x your size, you can hit them, and they won't be able to hit back because you're DTW to them.

Summary – You’re always in an open arena on PIMD. The constraints of the arena are based on
    your stats so that anyone can win.

Contexts of PvP

There are a few different ways to, and motivations that people can have for engaging in PvP.
    • SFW – Strip Farm War. Often involves multiple clubs who hire (strip) tutors from their oppo, and farm them in order to take as much money as possible, and weaken them. Often last months and
      years. Very Hardcore.
    • System War – System wars, or Club Wars are friendly wars where no stripping occurs. It's a war to see which side can make the most money. Stripping tutors in system wars is heavily forbidden and punished. System wars are intended to be fun and are held for weddings, funny debates like whether pinapple on pizza is okay, or Sonkc versus knuckles, or if Waluigi deserves his own game. But are mainly used to introduce and teach newer players about PVP on PIMD.
      WhiteElder-Dragon made a guide to System Wars in his guide
      ‘How to War’
    • SF – 1v1 strip-farming, usually done to settle personal disputes
    • Love Taps – Much like BL hits, these are affectionately given to friends at surprising moments to show affection.
    • Pwar – Short for Plunder war, these are friendly wars that are used as a better alternative to parties for earning money. One side 'buries' their money by hiring tutors, and the other side doesn’t strip any tutors but just hits them continuously for money. The side being hit doesn’t lose anything because their money is buried.
    • BL Hitting – BL hitting is short for Battle List Hitting.
      Done from the meet people list, club member list, or campus chat, it customarily involves hitting people up to 5 times, but moving on to a new target and not starting any fights.
      This is primarily done to make money while energy could be going to waste, or when bored. It is also done to gauge one’s own effectiveness and to know who you can and can’t hit successfully. Done without any malicious intent, it is a way of making money and testing your metal.
      – Note: Some people BL hit up to a full unload (12 hits),
      though this is uncommon.

Builds and Their uses

Each battle action is influenced by either your strength or intelligence, and your opponent’s corresponding stat.
    So someone who is [stats]500,000/100,000[/stats] strength, will most likely lose in a fight to someone who is only [stats]30,000/110,000[/stats]in a dance or prank because only one stat is involved in a calculation for the outcome.
    So if/when you decide whether you like fighting, pranking, dancing, maybe fighting with some pranks sprinkled in, or dancing and fighting, or maybe your favourite avatar has stats that you want to copy, you'll want to build your account based on that. But before selecting any build, I suggest reading Rude's guide to builds. It goes into more depth. Just click
    this link.

Community Values on PIMD

Honour.
    People who pick on people much smaller than them just because they can are looked down upon. If you think you’re being picked on by someone, who you can’t hit back, for not apparent reason but that they can get away with it, it is perfectly reasonable to ask for help, and people will most likely help you out.

Common Sense.
    Don't strip someone and hit them, that's a declaration of war.
    Your plunder from fights doesn’t depend on how much money they have out, so don't think that stripping them will make you more dough.

Keeping Tutors.
    There exists an open tutor market on PIMD, and if you are worried about losing tutors, it is your responsibility to bump tutors to their appropriate hire value, or above, if you wish for people not to hire them. Writing a menacing note and threatening to farm, or doing anything but keeping them appropriately priced is silly and can get people farmed.

I hope this basic guide to PvP in PIMD has helped you. Stay fantastic.

-Last updated 10/1/18

WICKED_DNICE likes this.
  2. 1/ Ty for fixing the stats in the example fight first off

B/ you lose 5% of your energy when fighting opponent if insect hits. 20 hits per unload I get in most ul

3/ dtw/dts is incorrect. It is impossible to hit someone and be dtw to them at the same time. If I can hit you, you can hit me. People 1/6th the size of VIP trying to annoy them, get farmed in response because they can be hit back. It is 6x formula in any case. Also rs bonus affects hit range greatly

In closing, no support

3. I already asked you this before but you didn't reply . Thx.

4. Lock plz.

5. Ooo goodie let me set up my chair and popcorn

6. same

7. You asked about the mechs of strip farming, specifically the calculations of how much cash is lost per hit. Which has nothing to do with this guide as far as I've read

8. LMFAO

9. I asked like yesterday. That other inquiry is ages old

10. Locking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.