EVENT Going for Green

Discussion in 'Events' started by [ATA]Queens, Feb 25, 2020.

1. I feel as though I have to choose between having a life and job outside of the game and the game if I ever want a avatar again. I choose my life outside of here. Hitting parties is getting me nowhere and I am in a couple of sfw's at the same time. This is ridiculous.

iSamantha_, X0X0, Gingerlocks and 7 others like this.
  2. 16k? WHAT THE ACTUAL F IS THIS? EA?

3. Fr

Volkor, Leachy and Calaem like this.
  4. 16k drops for ava!! 🤦🏻‍♀️ How will new players manage to get that much drops😅... I hope side story ava isn't after completing 5 more side stories😂

5. Yes I’m absolutely gutted for this hunt, I have created a new account on another device there is no way it will get 16k drops. I struggle to get that and I’m 6mcs unless I buy ec which I can’t afford every month. I was lucky to win the avi I have now out of a timer box 💕

bl00m, Karlach, Leachy and 1 other person like this.
  6. Littles are a kink thing. It's not wrong. Putting kinks in a game tho can be wrong. Especially for it being forced on people who didn't consent to it. A big thing about kinks is consent.

7. You're missing the point of the problem entirely

8. Just because it's a kink doesn't mean it's exempt from criticism. Fetishizing people that age regress, romanticizing incestual pedophilia, and sexualizing childhood are morally wrong.

9. That's not what being a little is at all. Personally I don't enjoy the kink, but there's nothing wrong with it either. 🤷🏻‍♀️

10. 16k for the avatar. ATA you’ve lost your minds. People have lives but whatever, not like you guys care anyway

11. Yikes, 16k just for the avi. A lot of people are likely gonna quit this game now

12. the terms “little” and “caregiver” were appropriated by the kink community, they both started out as terms used in the DID/OSDD community to refer to child aged alters and alters who take care of them respectively. please do not continue using these terms for a “kink” that sexualizes child sexual abuse/pedophilia, something that many within the DID/OSDD community have been victims of themselves.

iSamantha_ and Muschi like this.
  13. I have two jobs just to survive life as expensive as things are getting just to live normally. I can't keep spending on this game. And with two jobs, I don't have enough time to be on the game grinding for drops. I can barely get to 4k. 16k is ludicrous...

14. Yep! It sexualizes DID and things such as therapeutic/coping age regression that is necessary for many with trauma. Those terms were practically stolen from us by communities like the DDLG folks because instead of keeping their plain daddy kink, they felt the need to sexualize every aspect of our trauma. It’s disgusting. ATA gives us enough kinky avis, we don’t need gross ones relating to the sexualization of childhood trauma. No thanks!

15. omg i love this! another fairy hunt with fairy avis would be amazing because i missed the first one :(

eileen likes this.
  16. I mean if you want to lack critical thinking, you do you.

iSamantha_, Sundering and eileen like this.
  17. You might not see anything wrong with it, but you’re not everyone. Personally, I do think there’s plenty wrong with it. Morally and mentally, there’s plenty wrong with it. As someone who involuntarily regresses/regresses with a therapist because of childhood trauma, seeing people literally act out my, and many others, trauma to get off is, well, f*cked up.

iSamantha_, Muschi and Sundering like this.
  18. Hey all! It's Marcie.

Just read through a lot of the sentiment on this event and I acknowledge the upset. I just wanted to provide a voice for ATA here and talk about the adjustments that were necessary for the sake of the game's economy health. Change sucks (trust me, I know), but change is also inevitable if we're going to want to look at sustaining this wonderful game super long-term. And that's still the goal!

I don't know about y'all but making changes that'll make people wanna quit like crazy is 100% the opposite of what we're trying to achieve here. It literally doesn't make sense. "Hey, how can we get our players to quit?! Best ideas win!!!" is definitely not how our last brainstorm session went down, I promise!

That being said, I wanted to send a message from the PIMD team to all of you! Especially addressing the concern that @AdalineRose has shared recently!

Adaline, we love you and we absolutely recognize you as a stalwart in our community for some time now. I know this game is important to you, as it is for us and it is only right that we respond to your recent comment so here goes:

-Decided the Mythic Pass story holders didn't deserve an answer or refunds on the broke passes. They actually auto shut down tickets when the pass was over. They gave out inconsistent responses and gave out a fraudulent pass
    Sadly, the Myth Fulfillment Story Pass was never broken. We extensively studied the data over and over with each ticket that was sent in, scouring for errors in our spreadsheets. No problems in the data were found; it came down to this: players were making incorrect choices that were based on word-of-mouth advice spread through the community. Players were either picking the wrong choice, and in cases where they were picking the right choices, they ultimately chose the wrong ending. One thing to note as well is that the choices made in the cash portion of the Story Pass made a difference in the final ending too.

-Timer boxes got a reduce in time rate starting with Brisbane, done that. The times before that hunt was when timers were first released. However, the drops were proportionate to the 3 hour timers.
    -Timer boxes get a reduced drop rate, the amount you win is less, and the timer to unlock is reduced. This happened for our last hunt. The min was 95.
    -Timer boxes get a further reduce in the amount you win at a min of 65 for the current hunt

Timer Boxes were a large part of the balance adjustment necessary to keep a strong + healthy game economy. The drops were never decided based on an hourly rate, even though it may seem like that form an outside perspective.

-Timer boxes get a reduced drop rate when dropping from regular parties. I can say I went an entire 7 days without a timer box drop when hitting regular POTD.
    We actually haven't adjusted Timer Box drop rates – this is all luck.

Alright let's talk XC leaderboard
    They removed the XC event where you got speed ups from hitting parties. You know that game mechanic? The speed ups are replaced in bags you win which just have terrible drop rates. Nowhere near like the XC leaderboard event was
    So the new bags actually offer a chance at better Speed Ups than was previously available.

Spinner Ads
    -25 per phone now. Ata may not have a choice on this one. But it's a change nonetheless

This particular change stings but is currently necessary due to the vast amounts of exploits being done with video ads 😞 Sucks that a good thing has to go because of the actions of a few baddies. This cap is still in review though, and may change.

Hunt Requirements for Avatars
    -Starting Valentines's day hunt (Get to Know You) main story avatars were at 8k
    -7 day hunt this (last hunt) main story avatars were at 9.6k
    -14 day hunt (current) the avatars are at a whopping 16k. Even my best friends who hit a ton, they 100% struggle to hit 16k if they even can in that time period

Once again, as the game and its players grows, so must we adjust for that growth in order to keep the economy balanced and stable. This is a natural progression in any area of successful growth.

I know these are AR's points I've been addressing but this goes out to everyone reading this.

I hope that it provides some context to the decisions we've had to make recently. I also want to remind you folks that we're open to any and all feedback (that makes sense and was well thought-out). At ATA, one of our core values is "Best Ideas Win". We can work together to create the best environment y'all can be yourselves and be happy while enjoying the game in, and we can keep providing you the best experiences to our reasonable ability! The changes we make aren't always going to be set in stone, and we'll always keep changing things as we go along with the overall goal of bettering the game and its community i.e. you guys.

Any further questions, please feel free to send in a ticket. Nonsense complaints that have no basis in reality or demonstrate a lack of critical thinking however, are likely not going to be spent time discussed.

Srsly, guys. We literally exist for you. We take that seriously 😉 But to keep existing, we're going to have to keep making the right decisions.

Thanks for reading this!

xoxo,
    Actual Marcie 💚

iSamantha_, _-Star-_, Muschi and 5 others like this.
  19. Hey, Marcie. It's really good that you're here to talk about these things, because it sucks to be in the dark. Personally, I think every change should be communicated openly so we are informed and able to gather our feedback on it. Just like you always announce the good new stuff, why not do the same with everything?

I know most of this was a response to Adaline's concerns, but mine are the same so I'd like to take the freedom to reply. Before anything I would like to say that none of this shouldn't be seen as a personal attack of any kind, and that it is never my intention to be rude, but to question things.

About the Myth pass: Players reported different problems, not only the lack of the True Ending. There were people who only got the ending after pressing the option billions of times, or the ones who got the True Ending avatar but never got the Hypnocats, etc. I don't believe these players are lying.
    Also, guudes are an important part of PIMD and have always been carefully built by players who find joy in helping and always have the best interests of the community in mind. We have a walkthrough of the pass made by competent players who put effort into compiling the right answers. That guide was followed by lots of people and it worked for most of them. It is completely accurate, it wasn't just word-of-mouth.

About the hunt requirement change: I know this was ATA's excuse, but I sincerely find it hard to believe that this is necessary to keep the game running. It's a huge and exaggerated change. You're asking for more than double the amount we can achieve. It would have made a little more sense if the drops were increased at a smaller percentage, like from 6k to 8k (for example).
    I believe you have the data to know exactly how many of your players are actually able to achieve 16k on a hunt, so you know how this change completely excludes smaller players, people who don't spend a lot and people who can't be online 24/7.
    It's also completely unbalanced how you've taken away from the drops we can get, but then raised the amount we need. Made the Timer Boxes drop less, but now we need more to get avatars. Please, how is that fair? This whole thing basically means if you're not online all the time or spending real money, you're never getting avatars.

We know ATA is a big company, even awarded. You guys have multiple games, and spenders on every game. You also have ad partnerships and your game grows more and more each day. Due to that, I find it hard to believe this was a necessary change to maintain the game. The way this is written, makes it sound like you don't profit. But we see how much people spend on PIMD - and it's not pocket change. To stay on the leaderboards, sell cats, and other activities that require in-game purchases and are definitely not cheap. Profit exists and we all know it.

So, was it really needed to do this? I don't think this was the best choice and I think you've seen by now that no one is happy about it.

Thank you for reading.

SolarisLuxorium, -bae, Woes and 38 others like this.
  20. I dont think u have made choices which is q better for us.
    1. U said u raised drop task bcs players grows..well whst about players who just joined? Or who still are not above MCS stats? They will struggle to reach 16k for avi unless they spend money to buy keys and open boxes so how this change is better for players?

2. EXC's in my opinion is more about spending money and ecs instead of being active

3. Since the drops from timer boxes are reduce i dont its set equally to the drops task neither the time. This could be helpful to players and also when the timer boxes were 250/8hrs i was actually able to get in

-bae, iSamantha_, X0X0 and 13 others like this.