Genuine Question

Discussion in 'Other PIMD Discussion' started by WhoTfIsWesday, Jan 10, 2020.

1. Are priests gay since they're married to Jesus? Serious answers only pls, this is genuine.

2. Do they really use that term though??

Cause like I've never thought of this before

3. My philosophy prof kept saying priests were married to Jesus today so it's official. Nuns definitely use the term and priests also can't get married for the same reason. So if they don't use the term is it because they're trying to not make their marriage w Jesus seem gay?

4. In one sense yes? But also the whole “married to Jesus” seems to be a spiritual bond so it depends how you define marriage I suppose. Because you could be married to someone but not be attracted to them in that way?

Beats me though honestly, I’m Buddhist.

WhoTfIsWesday likes this.
  5. As someone who’s been raised Christian I can say that I’ve never heard a priest describe their job as being “Married to Jesus”.
    I’m agnostic now, if anyone was curious

Muschi and WhoTfIsWesday like this.
  6. Marriage doesn't always involve sexual intercourse.

You don't even have to be romantically involved with the one you marry.

So it definitely doesn't make them gay, unless their pp's touch or they jerk off to the thought of Jesus... Which I'm about 60% sure they don't

Muschi likes this.
  7. I'll go to church on Sunday and ask

Hag likes this.
  8. Also, I realize these are true as modern technicalities but I thought Christian marriage had to be consummated to count? Or was that decided after the first edition of the bible

9. I've never heard it, either, til today but now that I have I can't get it out of my head

Maddi_Matsu likes this.
  10. [​IMG]

So... I have two dads now??

Bamby and Maddi_Matsu like this.
  11. And several thousand stepdads

Maddi_Matsu likes this.
  12. I hope they buy me that Costco bucket of mac-n-cheese or else I'm calling dad #1 😡

Maddi_Matsu and WhoTfIsWesday like this.
  13. I keep hearing this bucket get referenced. Must be some bucket

Maddi_Matsu and Ulquiorra like this.
  14. You solved it. Watch your back, there quite possibly will be Vatican assassins after you now to keep this secret from being exposed

15. You think you're joking but nun assassins are real

[​IMG]

Bamby and Maddi_Matsu like this.
  16. Oh...I am 100% not joking

17. 🧐 are you an illuminati theorist?

18. Of course! You know who I am silly

19. Do I? I'm running the list of peeps in my head who would both use the word silly and who mess about believing in conspiracy and I am coming up empty-handed

20. It's Julie.