Frequently Asked Questions v. 2.1

Discussion in 'Guides' started by -_A_-CareBearCrystal, Mar 12, 2016.

1. Frequently Asked Questions on PimD v. 2.1

Here is the thread to the original FAQ thread by Mr-Strikes.

Welcome! This is an updated Frequently Asked Questions thread. Some information, on the original, is not updated so I will update most of it. Also, I will not be adding accurate information that's already on the original FAQ thread. I will, however, add any new FAQ's that I have seen being asked. Now without further ado:

Table of Contents:

1. What is BL hitting and farming?
    2. What are party patterns?
    3. How do I earn max plunder?
    4. What build should I do?
    5. What are the different colors on campus?
    6. Who is currently a mod and honor student?
    7. How many accounts can I have on one device?
    8. How can I make a complaint or suggestion to pimd?
    9. How much does it cost to make a club?
    10. What are the current silencing rules?
    11. What does RS mean and how do they work?
    12. How do having showcase items, avatars, and tuts help?
    13. What is the prize spinner?
    14. What are daily sales?
    15. How do you make a thread?
    16. How much money will I need to DVP someone?
    17. How much will I need to bump a tutor?
    18. What is a hunt?

What is BL hitting and farming?

BL stands for battle list, also known as the "Meet People" list. You will find this if you swipe left on the home screen.

Battle list hitting means going on this list and hitting random people off of it.

The technical term for farming is hitting someone more than 5 times in 24 hours.

What are party patterns?

Party patterns help you get more hits, during parties, rather than unloading all your energy at once. This results in getting more plunder at the end of a party. Although, pattern hitting does not affect your payout by much due to the fact that you get paid equally for all hits on a specific action.

Parties have the following actions and hit patterns:

Rave/Eat/Swipe: 2-1-
    Snark/Peace-Sign/Fight: 2-2-2-2-1-
    Sigh/Giggle/Brofist: 5-4-
    Lecture/Facepalm/Chug: 3-3-

The "-" represents a five minute waiting period until all your energy has been regenerated.

The first two actions, listed above, pay money, while the others do not. Though they all give a payout at the end of a completed party.

How do I earn max plunder?

Max plunder is the most money you’re able to receive, when partying or hitting someone, at your specific stats. Every stat change will affect your plunder. One of the easiest and most effective ways to earn max plunder, when partying or hitting someone, is by having a specific amount of money invested in tutors based on your stats.

The formula to calculate the money needed invested in tutors is:

KCS x $15 Million
    MCS x $15 Billion

KCS = Thousand combined stats
    MCS = Million combined stats

What build should I do?

Builds are your stats located on your profile right underneath your pupil information. So What are the different builds?

There are strength builds:

Intel builds:

And even builds:

To see the pros and cons of each build visit over to this thread.

There is not a build that you have to do, it is all just what your prefer. So read the above linked thread to see which build you'd like.

What are the different colors on campus?

Red: PimD developers

Green: Moderators who are able to silence you.

Blue: Honor students who are rewarded by pimd for their positive presence.

Black: Regular players

Pink Someone who is on a specific date with their relationship partner. (Color lasts for 24 hours)

Purple: Someone who is on a specific date with their relationship partner. (Color lasts for 24 hours)

Orange: Someone who is currently using a care package, which doubles your payout on parties. (Color lasts for 2 hours)

Grey: A player who has been playing for 7 days or less.

Who is currently a mod and honor student?

Here is a list of all the current mods and honor students along with links to their profiles!

Moderators:

Honor Students:

How many accounts can I have on one device?

You can only have one account per device. You can only link a single account up to 5 devices in a year. And can only have 5 accounts having been linked to a device in a year. Otherwise your account gets locked to the last device or device to last account after the 5.

You must link your current account to either ATA or Facebook. To do this, tap the three dash marks, from your home screen. Then tap account and the method in which you'd like to link your account.

To link your pimd account with a new device:

1. Download party in my dorm, from the App Store on your preferred device.
    2. Go into pimd and it should ask you to enter in a username.
    3. Instead tap the Already have an account? button.
    4. Login using your ATA or Facebook account that you linked previously.

Note: You can still switch between accounts using Facebook and ATA ID, BUT do so with caution as there is a limit to how many times. Switching accounts around was made so people could switch devices should one fail verses emailing in for UDID swaps. And it is discouraged to switch for the sake of alts. As it stands also, once a player is silenced, they cannot delink from the devices until the silence is lifted. So lose one lose all.

How can I make a complaint or suggestion to PimD?

Email: support@athinkingape.com

Include:
    • Your username
    • The game you play (pimd)
    • Your issue (be detailed!)

It will take them at least 24 hours to respond. Do not spam emails.

How much does it cost to make a club?

Currently,it costs $200 million or 100 extra credits to make a club.

To make a club, you must not be in a club. Then tap club at the bottom of your home page. Tap Start A Club at the bottom left. Then enter in preferred club name. Entering a description is optional. Lastly, tap the way you'd like to pay for your club.

What are the current silencing rules?

When you are silenced you are not able to post in public places. Although, you will still be able to chat in club chat and other private messaging methods.

Please read the Terms of Use (ToU) to see what you can be silenced for.

On August 19, 2015, pimd introduced a tier system for silences. They are as followed:

Tier 1: 1 day silence
    Tier 2: 1 week silence
    Tier 3: 1 month silence

The tiers will decrease by one for each 30 days you go without an additional silence. Players who constantly disregard the rules will be dealt with accordingly, such as permanent silences or account bans.

What does RS mean and how do they work?

RS stands for relationship. Relationships were introduced on October 21st, 2014. You are able to be in a relationship with one other player. Some key features of being in a relationship are:

• Share 10% of your stats with your partner and vice versa.
    • Go on dates that can change your name color and boost your stats.
    • Exclusive gifts.
    • Being able to give your partner extra credits.

Visit over to this thread to see a more detailed guide to relationships.

How do having showcase items, avatars, and tutors help?

All of these go to your Strength / Intelligence Bonus located at the bottom of your profile.

Showcase items (with stats!) contribute to your misc bonus which helps you attack someone and defend from attacks.

Avatars, based on their stats, contribute to your misc percentage bonuses which helps you attack someone and defend from attacks.

Tutors contribute to your bonuses from tutors which (again) helps you when attacking or defending. Having a specific amount of money invested in tuts also helps you earn max plunder!

What is the prize spinner?

The prize spinner is located at the right of your home page.

[​IMG]

Here, if can save up 100 coins, you can spin to win money, stat items, hypnocats, and more!

Visit over to this thread to see a more detailed guide for the prize spinner.

What are daily sales?

Daily sales were introduced September 8, 2015. They show up daily, every time you log on. Then they stay on your profile for 30 minutes! Sales are unique to each player.

Visit over to this thread to read the introduction to daily sales.

How do you make a thread?

Threads are the different topic posts that you will find in the forums.

This is how you make a thread:

1. Go into forum. (by tapping the three dash marks at the upper left hand corner of the home screen.)
    2. Tap the first tab which says "Forums."
    3. Pick which topic you want to post your thread in. (Wars, off-topic, fan fiction, etc)
    4. Type the subject and what you want to say in the thread.
    5. Lastly tap "Post" in the upper right hand corner and voilà!

Read through this thread to see a more detailed guide to forums.

Remember: You are only able to post up to 3 threads per 24 hours. If you post any more, it is considered spam and could get you forum banned. Make sure to read the Forum Code of Conduct for further information on the specific rules of forum etiquette.

How much money will I need to DVP someone?

DVP: Drop volley profit. This is the profit you make when someone drop vollies you. If you would like to learn more about vollies and who benefits from them, tap the the original FAQ thread which is linked at the top.

Formula to calculate how much money you need to DVP someone:

Amount of money requested x 6

For example: If I wanted to DVP someone $5 billion, you would do 5 X 6 = 30. This means I would need $30 billion in order to DVP them $5 billion.

How much money will I need to bump a tutor?

Bumping a tutor means to hire someone to get them to a specific price.

The formula to calculate the amount of money YOU will need to bump someone ONCE is:

.08262 x the price your tut was originally at

For example: Say I want to bump a $100 billion tut once and I don't know how much I'll need to do so. You'd just do .08262 X $100B which roughly equals 8.2B, so this is how much I would need on hand.

What are hunts?

The common tradition of hunts is that you collect an item, from partying in a club, that adds up so you can get some sweet rewards. You can obtain the specified party drop from cat cafe / pizza pop (art) or the party of the day. If you're able to get a specific amount hunt items, you're able to receive stat rewards and even free avatars! You usually receive your revive your rewards at the end of the hunt, but you're able to encounter a specific hunt box item from party drops. These boxes sometimes contain the current hunt avatars. Note: This is not always how hunts are done, but this has been the common trend of recent hunts.

Here is a more in depth guide on party hunts / items.

Feel free to comment any other general questions that you think should be added. If you have any other pimd related questions post them on this thread. There are players, that check that thread, who are happy to answer your questions.

Thanks for reading.
    ~Crystal.??

2. I like it ? It looks pleasing to the eye

3. Looks great, very informative 

4. Was about to ask about the line, but then I saw that you counted :lol:

5. Nice job! I think this will help many newcomers (well and probably older folks too like I didn't know you can only make 2 forum threads in 24 hour period. Luckily I don't make many threads)

6. Great job on thread ;-)

7. ATA should sticky this...that's the correct term, right?

8. Smh deja vu.?
    Thanks.

9. Awesome thread Crystal!

10. Sticky!

Great thread tutu

CRYSTAL FOR BLUE NAME!

11. Wow u so cool

12. Great thread though. Very informative and organized. 

13. Awesome work hun!

But isnt it 3 threads in a 24 hour period and on the 4th you are banned.

Edit: reread Forums ROC.

Other then mentioning spamming it doesnt actually say a specfic number of threads before you are considered spamming forums.

Spoke to a mod who said that it is 3 threads

14. Yep sorry, typo. I'll get a mod to edit it!

15. Is it true about the 5 accounts for 1 device ?

16. Someone's aiming for that moderator post

17. Ok I give. Give her honor student this was good.

18. ? This is great.

Much information
    Very bb code 