Forums glitches and suggestions. (Browser access?)

Discussion in 'Questions/Feedback' started by Carrie, Aug 19, 2020.

1. I saw a post talking about accessing this forum through a browser a while ago, I've tried to find the thread to comment on it instead. But my search is broken and doesn't load... So I apologize for making a new one.

It's been a while that I've been having a glitchy, slow forum experience in the PIMD app. I don't know if this is a device issue (maybe I should just get a better phone lmao πŸ˜”)

Things take forever to load, sometimes a page doesn't load and shows only a white screen.

When trying to post or like something, sometimes it will show an error screen that mentions a Javascript thing β€” I'll screenshot that to post here too.

And this is the most annoying one: when typing, the words behave in a weird way, and if I try to go back and edit something that I had previously written, it will do a crazy glitch and the words will go out of order or delete themselves. It's hard to explain, I'd been meaning to make a GIF of it to show exactly what happens but still haven't gotten around to it.

We can access forums through any browser, so I'm assuming PIMD has some sort of integrated browser that we use exclusively to post on this forum. I've done research on XenForo and it seems like there are many forums running with that company, and most of them are accessed using standard browsers. I think they're a solid server choice.

Accessing this forum through any other browsers on my phone or desktop offers a smooth experience, so (it's another assumption) it seems that these problems only occur in the app. I know nothing about app development or tech for that matter, but many apps have built-in browsers and it could be the case for PIMD?

Anyway... I would absolutely LOVE if we could access the forum through a regular browser. Most times that I want to quickly access and read threads, I've opened it on my laptop because it's unbelievably faster. Being able to type, post and do everything would be a dream.
    I saw someone bring up that they don't do that because logging it through the game is the way to ensure we're really players (or something like that), and I suppose that makes sense... But maybe there's a way to give us exclusive IDs or something we could use to login? I don't know how these could work.

If browser access isn't possible, I hope they find a way to fix these glitches soon. There is a lot about this new forum design that I enjoy (especially making formatting easier because I'm baby and figuring out the codes was difficult to me 🀧).

I'm planning on sending a help ticket about these errors and see what they say. I really like posting here, but sometimes it gets frustrating and I end up not interacting as much as I'd like. It'd be awesome to have that fixed so I can be here all day long.

πŸ’ž

Ande, Muschi, Ballerina and 1 other person like this.
  2. Support. Good luck getting the glitches sorted out. I had some that sounded like what you mentioned, a long time ago.

Forums is smoother and faster through browser and user login would be awesome.

Ande, Muschi, -Mallika- and 1 other person like this.
  3. Desktop access has been exclusive to mods and devs, but it would be nice to have the option.

Muschi, Maddi_Matsu and Carrie like this.
  4. Here is a screenshot of the error.

[​IMG]

And the GIF of a screen-recording showing what happens sometimes while inserting words in the middle of existing text. 😭

[​IMG]

Muschi and Atlas like this.
  5. I've experienced the glitches you've described. I had experience them outside of forums too and narrowed it down to just being my old broke phone 🀧 all of a sudden it would type like 10 of the same word or something insanely annoying.

You may have a different situation but when I got a new phone it stopped.

Support for desktop forums!! And pfp ata! This whole new forum platform really seems optimized for a browser anyways. *wink wonk*

6. Oh, I've never experienced the typing glitch outside of this forum, not even while in game (campus or pms and everything else works flawlessly). But maybe people with nicer phones don't experience that at all.

Pfp sounds lovely! It gets boring to see these grey boxes beside everyone's name. And the layout of forums on desktop is even kinda cute.

7. It was definitely odd and annoying when it would happen. I wish I still had it so maybe I could do.some troubleshooting with it but it wasn't even that old. I had a cracked screen so I though it had to do with that. Hopefully they can look into though if you're only experiencing it on forums!

Agreed! ATA gets pfp 🀧 and Heckfire i believe!

Carrie likes this.
  8. This happens to me every time I type in forums. I've started to type on my note app and just paste it here. It's super aggravating. And sometimes I'll accidentally tap something, I think towards the side of the screen, and it refreshes and takes me to the hope page. When I return to the thread whatever I was typing disappears. Frustrating.

Maddi_Matsu, Carrie and RoseMilkTea like this.
  9. I, personally, don't interact much on forums because of this. My phone already has issues with suddenly deleting a word/letter and then duplicating a letter so adding the PiMD app forum choas is super fun c:

I honestly dunno what ATA could do to fix this bc I have no idea how much control they have over this but please do send in ss and the gif you showed in a ticket!

(Annoying fun fact: it typed "tikkikikikikiki" when I tried typing ticket hahahahaha)

10. I got that typing glitch to but i think its just my phone coz happens out of the game to. And some times when i write a word i put changes to the word before it. Its weird

Carrie likes this.
  11. I do the same! Especially for longer text (like the original post). It works but it would be nicer to type everything here right away.

Same, I don't know how it works and if there's a fix, but I'll send a ticket linking them to the images and also to this thread. :)

Also lmao at your glitch, hahah! I'm laughing but I feel your pain 😩

12. I don’t have the typing glitch (seems like an Android thing) but I do have issues when I’m trying to bb code longer pieces of text:
    [​IMG]

13. giiiiiiiirl u have computer access πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€

14. Maybe I wanna be a commoner >:^(

Carrie, Maddi_Matsu and Muschi like this.
  15. Support af.

Carrie likes this.
  16. Little update: I believe I can't share the ticket replies, but they thanked me for reaching out about the glitches. And said that while browser forum isn't something that they'll be working on immediately, they appreciate knowing that people would like it. 😊 So that's hopeful! Maybe in the future ATA finds a way to give us desktop access too.

Maddi_Matsu and Muschi like this.