Fearrr

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by CrimeFightinCactus, Feb 26, 2021.

1. How do you overcome your fears? So I have a couple of fears I am trying to overcome but nothing is working so I am here to ask the wise people of pimd forums how do you overcome your fears how do you do that thing you must do but fear doing that you put off because you fear it how do you silence that little voice in your head making you be more afraid how how how how do you overcome that fear once and for all without it holding you back how

2. The only way is to grow some balls and make yourself face that fear. The more you are exposed to it the less it will scare the fuck outa you.
    Eg i used to be so scared of spiders i would have a panic attack at the sight of even a tiny 1 smaller then my pinky finger nail even from just tv or a picture. But now im it a point i can even get close enuf to kill big ones sometimes or even sometimes i even just leave them be and dont kill them at all. I can also watch spiders on a program or whatever and not be bothered by it

3. It depends. Sometimes just taking small steps helps! Like dipping your toes into areas you don’t always have to just jump right into the deep end! I’ve even found a bit of a thrill in being scared and like to try new things now
    Except spiders. I’ll always be afraid of those and have no interest in getting close to one of those things :mad:(

4. I count. If I’m having to do something I’m fearful of, I count to 8. I’m not sure why I chose that number, but I did. Sometimes I have to do it a few times, but I’ll never do it more than 3 before I force myself. Picking a simple, to the point moment like that can help a lot, at least from what I’ve experienced and been taught.

5. Tequila can overcome any fear

6. Abandon your fear and if you can’t then embrace it as fear is necessary for evolution. True fear is to evolve into someone who knows no fear.

7. Get out of your comfort zone. Do small things or go big. The only way to overcome fear is through action.