Fair market prices furni and showcase

Discussion in 'Strategy' started by AntisocialButterfly, Feb 23, 2018.

1. Since I haven't been able to find a thread for this, I figured I would make one to help people out in determining what they should offer and what they should ask for items. Please contribute fair prices that you know of for popular items being traded, and if you need to know a fair price for an item, ask here. Thanks 

2. that's not really how the economy works

3. Well Ive found that when selling items, I'm not really sure to ask for without either looking like I'm trying to rip someone off, or getting ripped off myself. And don't want to lowball offer for something I'm buying either. And I've found that a lot of other people are having the same issue so, just trying to help.

4. There’s actually one in the guide section, but it’s outdated and the prices have gone down. Anyway, here’s some general prices:

Wall Shelf (Above Bed): 5-20 chibis
    Bed: 2-5 bentos
    Rug: 30 chibis - 2 bentos
    Lamp: 5-15 chibis
    Bedside Table/Nightstand: 10-20 chibis
    Bookcase/Bookshelf: 1-2 bentos
    Shelves (top/middle/bottom): 10 chibis - 1 bento
    499 Floor Item: 5 bentos
    Desk: 3 bentos
    999 Wardrobe: 8 bentos (at the least, goes up to 50 and beyond lol)
    Above Plant (Window): 7-20 chibis
    Plant: 10 chibis - 1 bento
    Chair: 15 chibis- 1 bento

So like, furn prices are all over the place, but these are the average/absolute minimum prices (more or less).

Also, concerning showcase items:

2.5 - 3mcs = 1 bento
    2mcs single = 1 bento
    3mcs single = 2 bentos
    4mcs single = 3 bentos

^ once again, not everybody does this/accepts these prices, but usually something these lines is acceptable ?‍♀️

also keep in mind I haven’t traded in a while so these might be wrong lol. Please feel free to correct me

5. The variation between item prices is too much to have a proper fair price.
    Really just depends on how good of a deal you can get.
    But what Lily said works for majority of the furniture, barring rare/cute ones. Then again, every player would try to buy at the lower end of the price range and sell at the higher price. So, there can't be a fair fixed price. That's not how the economy works. Goodluck though.

6. Depends on the rarity of sets. The cheapest bring Halloween, and the rarest being (Black Friday?)
    or Paschal or
    those cyber space ones? idk

Got a few outstanding ones

7. Fair price = no profiting

8. I just want to know why is the damn chibi bentos so valuable who started this dumb shit lmao back then ain’t nobody care about some chibis how can 500kcs be 3mcs lmao but is pimd logic.

-_-SeaTurtle-_- likes this.
  9. Too much greedy people prices will never be fair 

10. Consumer confidence. People "Know" what bentos are worth in relation to many items because it's used as a unit of value. Because of that, they feel more comfortable trading in bentos than in other things.
    Also there is a dumb notion that bentos are like the most stable item on pimd. Others might drop in value. So uneducated traders tend to invest in them.
    They are common as dirt. There's an average of 2 per player on pimd. Only outranked in abundance by chibis, alf/maeve pieces, frankenpugs, and common old scav items.

Such common items should be worth less. But they are held up by myths and misplaced confidence/trust.

11. ..

12. It's funny how there's not even a mention about upgraded furniture. How are you going to have a 50 chibi gap on an item and not even mention upgraded levels. The trade market is so jacked up from people taking advantage of others. All these items have a stat value to them and they are logged under misc stats. Misc stats include all showcase items and your dorm items. So if you trade items worth more or total up to more stats than the item you are receiving in trade. Than you have just weakened yourself and made the other player stronger. To each is own. So don't set a value to something and then expect every player to have to abide by it.

13. Any fpugs being sold?

14. You didn't include wallpaper.

15. @Redzie

Wallpapers, Posters, and Floors (19ec)
    are worth 1-10 chibis. Most commonly 5, but depends on the rarity of it and how they look.

16. I don’t get this either.? Like before trading was a thing, no one really talked or cared about bentos lmao. But now bentos, and mainly only that item, are like the trading currency for some reason.

But o well.? I’m really bad with trading prices and trading in general, but what Lily said is the basic trading prices. It just depends what the buyer and seller are looking for.

17. I’m sure bentos were used before trading was a thing. It was used when the furniture update came and it was used to buy spinner sets and cats.

18. I used bentos as a unit of value long before trading was a thing because of the sheer number of them, and thus stability of their value. I guess maybe their value has remained the same from a time when there were less, but they sort of still act as a decent standard of value, certainly better than anything else.

19. How much on average are boxes worth in chibis?