Debate

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Kefo, Sep 12, 2020.

1. It's like a plant being strangled by weeds.

It really is.

It's bad*

2. *Aaaah! Got you. Hands up for euthanizing anyone who took that seriously...lolz

3. Weeds are plants too 🥺 #WeedRightsActivist

4. Weed life

5. kefo. these threads arent allowed in forums ;( they bring in negativity

6. They only bring in negativity when people don't follow the rules and currently there are no rules so there's no potential for negativity :D

7. For every negative action there is a positive reaction...

Kefo likes this.
  8. I think that notion only really relates to physics.
    And the reaction is opposite in a very literal sense, such that planes are able to fly.

Our human conception of what is good and bad, I often see, as being in line with chaos and order within a system. Our actions can create more order by putting compatible things together, creating systems, including, and fortifying. Strength in numbers, strength in conjunction, and strength together is important.

There are like a kajillion examples of this but I'd like to summon the example of penguins in a blizzard who huddle to conserve their energy, prolonging lives, the wealth of the group, and allowing their ordered society to build and not despair constantly.

(image is linked to an article explaining the phenomenon)
    [​IMG]

This tradition for penguins as well as many human traditions and practises are positive and have no or very little negative impact on the subjects, the penguins or people.

It just helps. If it didn't, and everything we did was a zero-sum game, we wouldn't do it.

9. Philosophy is hugely important to free thinking and self exploration. It is in human nature to question and seek out answers for those questions. As long as humanity lives, so will philosophy.

Kefo likes this.