Death

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by renamed34360, Dec 11, 2021.

1. I do wonder sometimes if any of the people I’ve talked to on here over the years has died IRL. Do you ever ask yourself that or something similar?

2. This thread should die like before it started.

3. Point taken! I disagree though.

4. I once stumbled across a nooby account that their club wall had a max character count obituary of sorts, saying the user died and how nice they were etc. little quotes from their pimd friends.

As well as claims that other bigger users have died supposedly but those are…hmm

5. I think it'd be statistically likely, sure. Take a look at how many people you graduated high school and/or college with have died since.

6. That’s a very good point. It really underscores how pointless this game is too.

7. More or less pointless than high school and/or college...? 🤔

8. At least high school and college help one attain employment. On here, we just spend our time in front of a screen building nothing and making shallow friendships.

9. Simple answer to your question: Yes. I've personally known two. As @Muschi said it's statistically plausible. People from all walks of life play PIMD including those with serious health issues. A few have passed away from terminally ill diseases. It's a tragic thing to meet and get to know people here and they pass away. It's no less stinging than if someone you knew irl passed. It's quite awful. I understand your reasoning to ask the question though but it isn't a light topic to discuss overall. R.i.p. to all of those that have truly passed. May you find everlasting peace 💙🥺

10. I was joking

Ghastly and bloodhoney like this.
  11. I would care. If I knew someone once and we talked for a month or two, and then I found out several years later he died, I’d be sad. I wouldn’t be upset, and it wouldn’t ruin my day, but I’d have a few moments of sadness and probably reflect upon my own mortality.

12. Can think of one player that died, but I didn't know them. Just saw their obituary on a third party app.

13. it’s more than likely someone you’ve once interacted with on here has died, especially if you’ve been playing for years.

14. I know someone that died. It's sad