[Deal Me!] Trade initiative

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by IllIl--Ziggy--IlIlI, May 21, 2017.

1. Hi PIMD!
    It's been about a year since I've come onto PIMD, and it's changed, alot.

To my pleasant surprise, the trade function which had been the dream old-timers so desired, came into existence. Surrounding one of this major change is the side effects of massive party-spasms, and an increasing number of trade threads.

Seeing that there is no fixed category for these, and that the threads are pretty much everywhere, I'm proposing a new form of forumning : Tags.

So basically, my idea consists of people using a fixed tag dedicated solely for trades. This way, one would be able to find an entire list of trade threads, through the search function easily.

One example would look like this:
    [Deal Me!] Buying Bentos for ()

One may ask: why not use the existing trade threads?

Well, the trade threads now go on for pages, and nobody really scrolls through each and every one of them. There are already trade posts existing outside of them too. With tags, it'll just make it easier to find them. Also, there would be more room for things like questions, bidding(?) Etc.

This really is just an idea, and one that requires massive support and co-operation from the pimd community. It definitely has its own sets of flaws, and whether or not it's worth the shot is up to you, PIMDer's! Will be looking forward to your responses :)

Tl;dr: I'm proposing to inculcate tags in forumn titles, in order to make searching easier and more effecient. Dedicated solely to trading, temporary tag is [Deal Me!]

2. So basically you want a trading section for sale threads like they already have for fan-fiction etc.

No support as we have wc to advertise our trades and trading threads in place to save us making multiple threads just to advertise our sales.

Plus with threads we have to request mods to lock them we cannot delete them ourselves. So there will be a lot of cluttered threads that are useless due to op items being sold. (Unless it's at some ridiculous price) cough shred ??

Just use the threads that are in place and spend speakers in wc. On the threads is does take some digging but that's what you gotta do on forums. This is just the lazy way out imo.

Conclusion: no support

3. Forums are not for trading. No support.

4. How isn't forums for trading .... ?

5. support just because kefo didnt support

6. 