Cultural Appropriation

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by NurseBecky, Jun 26, 2020.

1. Oh well

2. Facts aren't optional.

Phobia and Maddi_Matsu like this.
  3. You can't force something onto others. No thanks means, not interested. It will lead to repercussions

4. Discussed this already with Jaco. Cultural misappropriation and misinterpretation leading to incorrect information and caricaturing that can be harmful are the real issue.

"cultural appropriation" is a slogan representing the problem more than an actual description of the problem.

5. [​IMG]

Maddi_Matsu and Phobia like this.
  6. Just saw dis. Idk who Tyler Perry is but Dave Chappelle and sarah silverman make jokes about themselves? It's not cultural appropriation because Sarah Silverman is a jewish woman and Dave Chappelle is black which is what they joke about. The ppl appropriating aren't the culture they are appropriating and if, for example, a white comedian were to make fun of black ppl or jewish ppl that's considered punching down and cruel

Maddi_Matsu and Phobia like this.
  7. ... I hope a mod sees that Hailey supports women having their way with men😔 You think it's okay to treat us like this? That's sexist and fisogynistic. Yes, I said fisogynistic not misogynistic

WhoTfIsWesday likes this.
  8. #Matriachy

Maddi_Matsu, Phobia and WhoTfIsWesday like this.
  9. Qt pi, it's called misandry. Women who treat men unequally are misandrists

StrongDreamer, Muschi and Maddi_Matsu like this.
  10. 😂😂😂 life must be hard for you

Muschi and Maddi_Matsu like this.
  11. hot take- if your kids are wearing/want to wear genuinely offensive costumes maybe re-evaluate your thinking, try to find why that is, and look into why it’s offensive? 🤷🏻‍♀️

also this common saying of “oh so now people cant do ___ because people will get oFfEnDeD??” really just sounds like “oh so now I have to be conscious of my words and actions and adapt to our ever-changing social norms instead of staying exactly how I was where I could just ignore issues? thats wack. >:0”

(btw if my tone comes off as pointed I don’t mean it in that way, this may not exactly apply to you but this phrase is very common when talking about things like race and sex in todays society)

12. LMAO....wait...you’re being serious?..
    oh no honey, please, I beg of you- say sike 😔

Muschi and Maddi_Matsu like this.
  13. I don’t think it’s saying anyone’s upset that they have to be conscious of words and actions, but more so that everyone is so damn sensitive anymore that its almost like anything will offend someone somewhere. And that’s not including things like dressing in black face, or things of that nature because that’s just wrong.. but the smaller things. I think you should avoid the major things that are obviously offensive but even when avoiding those things now you have to constantly be worried about offending someone over dumb shit.

LetsGoBrandon likes this.
  14. see that I understand (that’s why I included the disclaimer) my main fear with this mindset is that while I agree that there are definitely people who find offence out of things where there isn't anything to actually be offended by, if we get angry and have this attitude of “everyone’s so damn sensitive!” (not saying that’s you lol) it can lead to us being too tollerable to genuine issues that are deserving of offence, does that make sense? 🖤 (again, not saying that's you or anyone else on this thread, just a concern I have and why I think this way)

StrongDreamer and Maddi_Matsu like this.
  15. I think Jacob was jokingly being over the top with that comment to redirect the convo. 😉 He does believe in misandry tho

16. Be like me, idc who I offend 🤷‍♀️

17. ah, he used the famous “I dont have an arguement so *insert fancy insult here*” move, classic 😌 also ew grody

Maddi_Matsu likes this.
  18. I’ve found it best to just ignore everything he says because arguing with him typically gets you nowhere.

Phobia likes this.
  19. WAIT, WE HAVE A COUNTER WORD FOR MISOGYNIST?

20. Naw, I just take life as bust one nut at a time and keep pushin. Quite simple, yet satisfying... until I run outta lotion, then it's chaos