[Contest] Write in the Name of Love

Discussion in 'Contests' started by Azari, Dec 20, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I don’t know if I can get an ending but I’ve started something how do we put it in spoiler?

2. Code:
    [spoiler] your text here [/spoiler]

Azari likes this.
  4. His and Hers

|| a lot of you may be able to relate to this short story, it’s the way we live and love. ||

@forbearance

“Love isn’t always perfect…though we always want it to be”

❥ her pov

It’s a rainy day. She grabs her baggy shirt that hasn’t been washed for days, her jeans that still have the ketchup stain from last nights dinner and the beat up shoes that she’s been wearing since sophomore year. She grabs the keys to her moms minivan and head off. Upon stepping outside, only a few blocks away from the small duplex building she could feel the rain begin to start pouring down on her.

“Great another rainy day…when will enough be enough.”

❥ his pov

💭I just moved here from a place where the sun never lingers far from the sky and not a drop of rain was ever felt. 💭

He climbs out of bed tossing the covers onto the floor without a care to pick them up. He throws on his leather pants, his highly expensive jean jacked and his $400 shoes. He grabs the keys to his motorcycle and leaves the mansion without a word to his parents. Once he climbs onto his motorcycle he looks up, flinching at the feeling of raindrops on his face.

“The rain…the small town…the people…”when will enough be enough.”

❥ her pov

While sitting in class at the very back…alone— as usual. She notices the loud noises of a vehicle approaching the building. She looks outside noticing a male figure that she’d never seen before. She was tilting her head a bit; slightly squinting to try and get a better look at him. She was disrupted by the sound of the bell ringing and quickly looked away from the window to focus on the teacher at the front.

❥ his pov

While he pulled up to the school he noticed not many cars, and lots of old raggedy vehicles. He shook his head and walked into the building getting a glance at the outside window…a girl staring at him as if she wasn’t aware that she was staring. He looked at her for a few seconds then turned away quickly to retreat to the office. He got his papers, class schedule and school ID then began walking to his next class. He walked in without knocking and stood at the entrance of the classroom— all eyes on him but his eyes were on her.

❥ her pov

Her eyes shot up from her book as she heard the door open. She quickly made eye contact with him. Her eyes were beaming, and his were too. It was like love at first sight. She began to sweat profoundly as he walked and sat behind her, with how she was dressed she was sure it wasn’t her that he was looking at.

//fast forward 2 days||

❥her pov

Everyday after he arrived..

She put on makeup, went through 10 different outfits before finally deciding one, precisely did her hair— even having to start over sometimes, and she does it all only for his attention. Today she walks to class tired, she only slept for 4 hours because she followed his very popular instagram in hopes he’d message her back soon. Her hair was messy, she had sweatpants, a hoodie and some slippers.

“I’m sick of trying for him…it’s not like he notices anyways.”

❥his pov

There’s this girl

I’ve noticed she’s liked me for a while and she always tries to impress me, but it’s just so aimless.

We’re too different.

Today she came in not looking like she usually does everyday, equally beautiful though. She didn’t look at me once— she usually can’t keep her eyes off of me.

What if she stopped liking me? I shouldn’t be caring but i’m afraid…I may have waited too long.

❥ her pov

💻”I want to be her. Not the girl people find hot, then forget about the next minute once they find someone cuter. The girl when you see her, she can’t escape your mind. Not the girl you kiss at the club when you’re drunk just to forget the next day, but the girl you fall in love with right after making eye contact. I don’t want strangers to check me out, I want you to wish I was yours.”💻

She shut her laptop with a thud after hitting the publish button on her public feed. She didn’t dare to look up at him as he walked passed her to sit down. 5 minutes into class she feels her phone vibrate which is rare since she doesn’t have many people to talk to. Her eyes widen once she read the notification.

“He liked your post 10s ago.”

It began to get hot…she didn’t move or turn around. Did he know the post was about him?

❥ his pov

He pulled out his phone and noticed a large paragraph at the top of his feed. He read it and smiled— then quickly reverted his smile back into a straight glare

“We’re just too different”

She clicked post and just as he did the bell rung. He liked her—but his ego led him to believe he was too good for her and her way of living.

❥ her pov

“I know he is not perfect. He always arrives home after 1am, he doesn’t remember my name. He doesn’t talk very much, and if he does it always about money, traveling or how good his life is which are things I can’t relate to. I know that he has flaws that will eventually destroy me but there is something about this guy that draws me in, even though I know how wrong it is. It may be the attention that I crave or the feeling of someone being there…but I want it.”

❥ their pov

Giggling could be heard after that last sentence was read.

“And that’s how mommy and daddy met” she said.

“Wow! daddy really didn’t like mommy back then!”

The two children laughed as they crawled into his and her lap. They were still too young to understand love but once you come face to face with love you have two options— you can either choose his or you can choose hers; They chose each others.

[ thank you for taking the time to read this short story i made! the time skips are meant for you to use your imagination!]

5. shut her laptop** sorry, typo🥲

6. slut her laptop made perfect sense to me LMAO

7. 😭😭💔 a friend pointed it out and then i realized i couldn’t delete!

8. A girl looking for her perfect man. That's all she was.

Growing up in a family that loved watching romantic movies, my standards of a perfect man have always been high. I blame it for the lack of romance in my teenage life. No one ever could meet my standards. I have always wanted to be in love. I have always wanted a perfect man. The man of my dreams.

As I(22) was studying to get my medical license, I met him. My first encounter with love. He was a year older, handsome beyond what I can explain. We rarely talked but I always saw him on the bus ride back home. A few weeks later, we started talking. His eyes, they made me weak. So blue, so full of love and care. I want him, I tell myself. I want those eyes for myself.
    On a Tuesday in June, he asked me out on a date. I have never been happier. "Yes", I exclaimed with every fibre in my body. Yes. Yes.
    From then on, we were inseparable. His eyes had such a hold on me, I could drown in them for hours. He often called me a stalker for the way I looked at him, that funny man.
    Sadly though, after a month of being mine, he had to move away for reasons he never told me. Just vanished. The romance was short lived and I was heartbroken. Oh how I'll miss those eyes.

The rest of my days till graduation were devoid of romance. No one ever came close to his perfect eyes and the way they made me feel. If only medicine could make me feel loved.

I never did stop watching the romantic movies. I'd say I was addicted to them. They made me feel alive. Feel loved. Feel. The only other time I felt love was while working. However I think, that's just because I was lonely.

That was soon proven true. He walked in my life on a Sunday evening, at dinner in a foreign city. The way his hands held those plates while serving us, his fingers gripping the edges, his veiny forearms - made my surgeon heart flutter. How I want his arms around me, his hands all over me. His fingers running circles on me. Holding me. Grabbing me. Choki- I regain my composure. We flirt back and forth the entire night and for the remaining two days of my visit, I eat all meals as per his shift. His limbs, they are perfect. I decide to ask him for his contact at the last dinner. Sadly, he never showed up. Perfect man seemed like nothing but a fleeting dream.

Once back, I devoted myself to my work again. I always wondered what my perfect man would look like. I know how his eyes would look at me and what his arms would feel like around me. But what about the rest? His body? Hair? Face? What would he look like whole and finally mine?

It has been a few years since. I've had much more experience with love. Most of them left soon but atleast my perfect man, the man of my dreams, is almost complete. He sits in my room, eyes so blue, legs so perfect and everything absolutely out of a romantic movie.
    My perfect man, he makes me feel. It isn't easy to make a perfect man, took so long too. So many stitches to turn him into the man he is. So many medical supplies stolen for him. But now, he is mine. I am his. He's complete. My perfect lover. All he needs now is a soul. My soulmate. My soul.

A girl looking for her perfect man. That's all she was. Atleast before her body was found laying on top of a stitched doll full of human parts.

forbearance likes this.

9. Hi this is my first contest submission!

This story is inspired my my real life love story with my boyfriend <3 Enjoy!

I never thought I would be excited about Valentine's Day. I originally viewed it as another day to get myself chocolates and watch rom coms but I never thought I would spend it with someone let alone my lover. They make me excited about they day. I still haven't planned anything but they assured me that they got it. I don't want to hope for too much if it's just chocolate and cuddle,which would be perfectly fine, but I'm hoping for a romantic dinner or picnic!

“I'm back!” The door slams as the familiar footsteps approach. I get up from the couch and run to give them a hug.

“Welcome back, what did you get from the store?” I say as I try to peer into the bags. They are quickly pulled away as I try to get closer.

“Absolutely top secret mission things.”

“Oh really? I can keep a secret” I smirk

“Give me an hour and you'll find out” they reach down and give me a smooch on the cheek.

“But what am I gonna do for an hour?”

“Make yourself look absolutely stunning” they reach down ti give me another smooch but in my lips this time. I flush very quickly and scurry off to the bedroom. I set a timer for an hour even though they will probably yell when they are done.

I finish getting ready, I got my hair curled, makeup, and finally the dress. I'm not always a huge fan of dress but they complimented me in this dress when I wore last so they must like it! I timer goes off on my phone and I call out to the kitchen.

“It's been an hour! May I come out!”

“Wait, I'll come get you!” Ooo I like they sound of that. I wait a couple of minutes and then hear they start to walk my way.

“Ok all- oh wow. You look radiant and beautiful and absolutely gorgeous.” They look at my uo and down with such love. I never used to like people look at my body but when they do it I feel happy and warm inside. That's how I know I will always be happy with them.

“Thank you my love” I take there hands and we walk out into the kitchen. I turn to see all the lights off with nothing but candles light the room. As we walking closer to the light I see and table full of the most incredible food I will ever see in my life.

“Honey this looks amazing”

“Well you haven't even tried it yet” they pull my chair out and slowly push in back once I've sat. I look down at my favorite dish and of course some red wine. I'm in complete amazement. How could I get so lucky, I swore off live for as long as I could remember yet I'm sitting here on Valentine's Day while the love of my life cooked a fancy dinner and I get to sit back and enjoy it. Happiness does come eventually and man does it taste good.

Thanks for reading!! I hope anyone that's reading likes it!!

Azari likes this.
  10. Disclaimer; I’m.. not good with cohesive thoughts and this is my first entry.

I’m not sure … I can put my thoughts into words or my feelings for that matter, but for you I’d try… I will try. It’s no secret that I’ve liked you for a while, but I thought I was just chasing down an impossible feeling. There’s no way you’d return those.. right? Anyway, you make me feel so happy. Like a kid who just found a dandelion for the first time. Honestly the color yellow has never suited a person more…. You are yellow but I see your blue and I see your grey too.

I could spend hours talking to you about anything. Anything you ask of me I’ll do, regardless of circumstances because I feel I’d get the same from you. I see a notification from you and it instantly makes my heart flutter and it makes my mood improves so fast. I find it impossible to be in anything but a good mood when I get to talk to you. I’m not sure where these feeling will lead or what will happen, but I’m along for the ride cause even just being your friend makes me feel like a better person.

Love is an illusion, or so I used to think. I’ve had love given and ripped away… in knowing that ache, that pain, you somehow become stronger. You vow to find the strength to try again, and trying is all we can do until we get it right.

A white picket fence, an oak tree with a tire swing and the sound of the wind through the branches may not sound like much but, for me… with you by my side that is all I need. I just need to find you, I just need to be still. I’m not confident that I’ll ever get there but love is worth waiting for… you are worth waiting for.

Azari, ThyDivine, SavageBuns and 4 others like this.
  11. I’ve been working on this for days and I’m really proud of how it’s turned out!

You know how they say that each day is a new day to learn. Well today, I learnt something too - as I drove down a rocky, deserted road with shivering fingers, mascara running down my cheeks, and, I almost forgot to mention, a dead body in the trunk of my car - I learnt never to trust a witty man with a pretty face. Let's back up a bit so I can narrate to you a story about the man I was misfortune enough to fall in love with. Let me warn you, though; this is not your typical - girl meets boy, they fall in love and live happily ever after - tale. I can assure you, it’s darker than that.

It all started last year, on June 16th, 2022, as I walked into Mason’s Bar for the first time. Little did I know back then that not even a year later, at this very bar, I'd be stabbing my husband in the neck with a broken vodka bottle. Anywho, more of that later. So I walked in, only to feast my eyes on this gorgeous man. He had ocean-blue eyes, a sandy complexion, curly, coffee brown hair and a gaze that could make you faint. He even had a pretty name - Alec. I feasted my eyes, trying to comprehend what had hit me as ‘All of me’ by John Legend started playing on the speakers. “Can I buy you a drink?” he asked me from across the bar. Next thing I knew, I was taking Tequila shots with him. Now, I don’t remember much from that night - obviously, but I can tell you this - that night was the night I started to believe in true love.

Oh, how foolish I was, trapped within the spell of a witty man with a pretty face! Fastfoward to the 19th of December, we’re standing at the altar, vowing our undying love for each other - the undying love that is in fact the reason I’m driving into nothingness at the crack of dawn, looking for a place to dump his body.

Now, Alec wasn’t like other guys, he knew he wanted to marry me the very night we met as he carried me, sloshed and befuddled - back to my apartment. I never questioned how he knew where I lived though, until 3AM this morning. Seemingly, that's when things went south for that’s when I learnt that this man was in fact, after my life. Funny how he’s the one who wound up in a body bag, no? Irony at its finest, I’d like to think.

I learnt another thing this morning. I learnt that my late husband and I did not just stumble upon each other that night at the bar thanks to Destiny’s grace. If only it were that simple. He was sent to kill me by some rivals of our family. Being the daughter of one of the richest families in the world however, I get death threats every day, that’s why I’m in hiding, living far away from them, in a small town near New Haven. This man, though, somehow or other, had managed to force my guard down and had pulled the cloth from underneath my feet so I could fall into his arms.

For what it’s worth, he did love me though and he made sure I knew it. He made me feel normal for the short time he was a part of my life and that was enough for me. Being who I am, I never knew what normal tasted like and trust me when I say, I loved the taste.

He bought me flowers, took me on dates, teased me with his flirty words, yes, but also did so much more than the bare minimum most women swoon over these days. Just last month, we bought Mason’s Bar together.

He proposed to me, on a chilly moonlit night in November at the beach where we had our first date, with roses laid out on the sand and the musical sound of the waves kissing the shore with their lazy rhythm. It was truly magical. The best night of my life - for although we had only been together for five months, we both knew we’d love each other for all eternity. Hilarious, I know.

You’re probably wondering why I did it when he didn’t even want to kill me anymore, in fact, he wanted to protect me. I couldn’t risk it though, I’d been running all my life, and although he loved me, he knew who I was and what I was worth, and this morning when he told me how he knew where I lived that night we met, all I saw was a threat to my life, a threat to my family. So I did what I had to without a second thought, I grabbed the bottle of vodka we were enjoying not a few minutes ago, smashed it on the table and stabbed him in the neck with it as tears ran down my cheeks.

I did what I had to and I don’t regret it. So here I am, driving around aimlessly with the love of my life, lying motionless, in the trunk of my car, the smell of his blood, leaving an indescribable taste on my tongue. Just as I take a turn, I hear something - police sirens - I speed up as a wave of fear hits me - followed by a wave of panic. I take a sharp turn and hit a tree and my car topples over sideways. Agonizing pain hits me and I let out a scream. I look into the rear view mirror and see a pair of olive green eyes staring back at me, the eyes of a person I can barely recognise as myself. That’s when I remind myself, never to trust a witty man with a pretty face. Then, it all goes black.

Azari and Praise like this.
  12. Hi

13. My story will be quite long🥹

14. The Light In My Shadow
    By: Grouchy

The Shadow:

She has always been such a tease. Porcelain skin, big innocent doe eyes, full round lips, long auburn hair, and the smell of lavender perfectly wrapped up like a parcel waiting to be unwrapped. A present hand picked just for me, that’s what she is.

She looks so innocent and carefree as she laughs into the phone and twirls a lock of her hair around her finger. She is completely unaware of the danger. I want taste that laugh. Her happiness should be mine. Every emotion of her will be mine. She is MINE.

She’s so caught up in her conversation she doesn’t notice me standing a few feet away in her favorite coffee shop. This is where I found her a week ago. I knew the moment I breathed in her intoxicating scent when she accidentally bumped into me on her way out, that she was mine.

At first I tried to shake it off, but she consumed me. I knew fate was toying with me when I saw her later that day getting out of cab on the other side of town. She was on a date. I should feel bad for the guy. He had no idea she was already owned.

The way he screamed and pleaded later that night when I ensured he wouldn’t be competition to me erased any remorse that might have existed in my steel heart. “Come on man, this isn’t necessary! All this over a cheap date? She nothing but a who…” he didn’t get to finish that sentence before all I saw was red.

She keeps checking her messages today. I know she texted him asking if he wanted to meet up again. I can tell from the disappointment on her face that she feels rejected, but don’t worry my little light, I’ll make you forget him. I’ll make you forget everything, even your own name. You’ll forget how to breathe unless I give you permission because you are mine.

The Light:

“Come on Sam, we need a girls nights!” Christi begs through the phone. Moving to New York has been a hard adjustment and Christi is my only friend here. She keeps insisting I should see more of the city and stop spending so much time consumed in my work.

Work is the only thing that keeps me distracted. I can burry my nose in the accounts buyable or accounts payable and forget about what happened. The weight of it all drapes over me, heavy like a blanket. I’ve seen movies and read books about crazy ex boyfriends, but I never thought any of that was real. I never thought any of that could happen. Especially not to me.

“Just one night! It won’t kill you. And maybe you’ll find someone to dance with and break that dry spell.” Chrissy breaks through my thoughts and I let out a heavy sigh. Maybe she is right.

“Fine, but I’m not staying out too late.”

“Yay! I’ll have some outfits picked out for when you get home. Lord knows I’m not taking you to the club in any of those work clothes you have. No offense but you look like a nun.”

“I know” I chuckle into the phone. I hide myself as much as possible in long skirts and dresses that cover me. I hate drawing attention to myself. I still feel like I’m being watched every day since I left. I can still feel him all around me. Like he is my shadow and it’s suffocating. I glance around nervously as the hairs on the back of my neck stand up but I don’t see anything. Wrapping my cardigan around myself I head back to work. Hopefully tonight will help ease some of the constant dread I’m feeling.

The Shadow:

I struggle to look through the tiny lines in her blinds. I see glimpses of her soft skin as she changes into one of the skimpy outfits her roommate laid out. No one deserves to see that much of her. I will take the eyes of everyone who dares looks at what’s mine and I gift them to her in a box.

She should know better than to tease me like this. She is asking for me to take what’s mine. I struggle to remain composed as I watch.

Two hours later she comes stumbling out of the building and attempts to hail a cab. I carefully slide down the fire escape and climb into my SUV. I slide my cap down far over my eyes and pull around the block.

She is still waiting for a cab and I can’t resist the urge anymore. I can’t resist her. All that leg on display lit up by the street lamp. The soft curves of her body hugged tight by that red dress of sin. The plunging neckline that reveals far too little and far too much. Mine.

I pull up the curb and roll the window down, “You called for a cab?”

The Light:

“You called for a cab?”

I look into the dark exterior of the cab trying to see the face of the driver, but it’s too dark. Before I can think too long about it, Christi is pushing me towards the SUV.

“That was fast!” Christi belts in excitement. “What are you waiting for?” She is looking up at me expectantly.

“Nothing..it’s nothing” I mumble as I open the door and begin to climb in. As I try to shake of the unease, I buckle my seatbelt and wait for Christi to climb in on the other side. Before she can reach the handle, *thump*. The doors lock, the car lurches forward, and a scream gets stuck in my throat. I look at the driver through the review mirror and I’m frozen. Him.

Confusion and fear overcome me as I wrack my brain. The familiarity of his stare. I know him, but from where?

“Don’t be scared little light.” His voice is low and even. He looks relaxed and calm. “You dressed awful pretty for me tonight. I was going to wait a little longer, but you had to tease me didn’t you?”

My heart is caught in my throat and any protest I want to make gets caught. I just stare into those gray swirling eyes. Then nothing.

I start to wake up and nuzzle into the soft mattress below me and warm feel of the sunlight hitting my skin. Then it all races back to me. Oh god! Where am I? I bolt upright in bed checking my my surroundings testing my body for injuries. I quickly realize I’m not in the same dress. Someone changed me, I’m now wearing a pink silk pajama set with lace trim. I scoff at the delicate frilly thing and cringe at the idea of someone touching me.

I start to tear apart the room looking for any clues on where I am or how to get out.

The Shadow

The moment I hear noise from her room I rush to her door and fling it open.

“Good morning little light.” I glance around quickly at the chaos, “what are you doing?”

She startles and backs into the farthest corner of the room, away from me. I click my tongue against my teeth as I approach her slowly. She shivers as I use a finger to lift her chin and force her to look at me. Perfect. She is perfect. She is mine.

I can’t wait to break her apart price by piece. I can’t wait to put her back together. To show her how to love me, even the darkest parts. The parts of me that are obsessed with her. I can’t wait to own her, the way she owns me

Azari, ThyDivine, Infamous and 12 others like this.
  15. I keep changing what I am writing… so here is this little 20 minute free write:

—————————

As they finished, Nick rolled over to give him and Sadie space to breathe and cool off. His hairline was specked in sweat while Sadie remained gorgeous and sweatfree. His dark eyes roamed over her body. It was perfect to him. The scar running from her side to her hip from when she had her appendix out. The little dip above her navel from where her piercing rejected. The way she was slightly knock kneed. He adored her. As he laid there, watching her, she just laid there with her eyes closed, looking like she had enjoyed herself as much as he had enjoyed himself.

“You want breakfast? You don’t have to cook? I’ll call up catering?” Nick asked, his hand moving to glide along her smooth skin. She smiled and rolled over, facing him and forcing his hand to fall between them. He lifted a finger to brush its tip against her stomach.

“I’m craving Starbucks… will you go get me my white mocha, babe?” Sadie asked, fluttering her lashes in a way that always made Nick say yes. He laughed lightly, nodding.

“Yeah, sure. Your wish is my command my love.” He moved to kiss her, claiming her forehead and she smiled and dipped her head down, “You’re adorable.”

She laughed and rolled back over, giving him a full view again as he reluctantly got up and grabbed his jeans from the bedside. He pulled them on and then slipped his feet into his sneakers, then moved up off of the bed. He walked across to the chair where his shirt had been tossed the day before and slipped it on, turning to look at Sadie again.

“I’ll be right back. Love you.” Nick said as he gazed at her, lovingly and longingly.

“I know,” Sadie smiled, giving him a finger pistol. Most men who said that and got that back hated it, but he knew she liked Star Wars and thought it the most endearing thing ever.

It only took him about 20 minutes to order her drink through the app, walk to the corner and come back with it just how she liked it: extra hot with soy instead of milk. When he got back up to the room. She was gone from the bed. He moved into the room, pocketing the card key, “Sadie baby, I’m back.”

He moved through their hotel room, looking for her. Was she hiding? Playing cute? He came back to the bed and saw a note. It was Sadie’s handwriting. He set the coffee down and grabbed the note. He read it. Twice. And his heart sank.

‘Nick, you’re a good lay, but I love someone else and need to end this before you get hurt. Thanks for the memories. Sadie.’

Azari, Klaus1123 and AngelEyesxx like this.
  16. Valentine's day was quickly approaching.
    Patrick didn't have a date or anything to do, so he decided to write a short story in hopes of winning a prize. You see, Patrick has never really won anything before. Maybe $2 on a $1 scratch off ticket, but not much more than that.
    So, he sat semi-brainstorming a plot, but was at a loss because he was only in his first cup of coffee. Being unrelenting as he is, he just continued typing random things without any rhyme or reason.
    Suddenly it came to him! "I know what I'll write about now!" he exclaimed. That was a lie because he's also indecisive and has commitment issues. Hence, being single. He was quick to dismiss his initial idea because he didn't love it.
    Later, after 3 cups of coffee and a handful of S'mores Goldfish, he was feeling quite invigorated! And by "invigorated" I mean he had enough energy and motivation to continue writing about nothing. He loved feeling so productive. At this rate, Patrick may even wash the dishes!
    At the end of the day, Patrick loved himself. Not in a narcissistic way, but in a way he didn't love himself years ago. That's a story for another time. Even Valentine's day can be Mental Health Awareness day. Loving yourself is important. I don't expect to win anything here. I'm just here to say that I have time to listen. Your life matters. And if nobody has told you they love you today, let me be the first. I Love You. 🤗

17. when will results be announced?

18. I am writing you from my prison cell as I have done countless times over the course of this past year. I must have sent you over one-hundred letters by now, and you haven’t responded to any of them. I won’t say that I don’t blame you, because I do. All I ever did was love you, unconditionally. You never showed me the same courtesy, but still hatred towards you eludes me.

Three days from now will make one year since I last saw you. The last time I got to lose myself in your beautiful brown eyes. The last time I got to become completely intoxicated by your fragrance. It was also the last time I allowed you to choose another guy over me. I always told you I was better for you than anyone else; that we were meant for each other. Of course, you never listened, which wasn’t unlike you.

There hasn’t been a day where I haven’t replayed that night over and over in my head. It was Valentine’s Day. You told me that arrogant, self-centered schmuck was taking you to dinner. I couldn’t stand the very thought that someone like him got to be with someone as amazing as you. He didn’t deserve you. You didn’t deserve him either. You deserved better.

A quarter til’ seven o’ clock I arrived at your house, but you were not expecting me. I was there to rescue you. As you were upstairs getting ready, I used your hidden spare key and snuck in through your back door. I would always tell you how unwise it is to hide a key, but you insisted on it. Within just a few minutes I heard the door bell ring. It was him. You came downstairs and greeted him at the door, and told him to wait on the sofa as you finished getting ready. You went back upstairs, and that was my queue. I grabbed the biggest knife from your kitchen, and slowly snuck into the living room. There he was with his back turned to me. I crept up behind him and without any hesitation I slit his throat. As heinous as it was, I had to do it. I had to show you how much I love you, as my words seemingly never could.

You came down the stairs to find me standing next to his lifeless body. Your eyes grew wide and then you went bat sh*t crazy. I hurried over to you to calm you down and stop you from screaming, but you took off one of your stilettos and stabbed me in the chest with it. I would never have hurt you, but you were afraid of me. You ran out of the house and left me lying in the middle of the floor. I pulled your heel out of my chest and began crawling away as I couldn’t stand up without falling back down. I only made it to your front lawn before the police arrived. Just like that, it was over.

I wish you would have killed me, for living with this heartbreak hurts far worse.

This is the last letter I will ever write to you, you won’t hear from me ever again. I am on death row, and I will not be appealing. It will only be a matter of weeks before they take my pain away. Goodbye, Abs.

P.S. Will you be my Valentine’s?

Azari and Vigilante like this.

19. TW: contains themes of depression, grief and loss

To the ones I’ve loved before.

Robert,
    I’ll always remember the day I came home crying about a boy from school who teased me days upon days, relentlessly. We were never close and you were never usually home always too busy with friends …or girlfriends or whatever. But today weather it be fate or chance..today you were home. And I remember the confusion when you seen my tear streaked face, i remember how quickly it was replaced with anger and I remember perfectly clear, how you walked me to school the next day. My older brother, with his school uniform that sagged on his lanky frame with a messy set of hair and a cigarette sitting lazily behind your ear. You held my hand confidently and squeezed it with strength as you led me right up to my tormentor. You said nothing to him but looked down at me instead and the words you asked me are still to this day ingrained in my brain.

“Well? Aren't you going to hit him?”

I did.

I dont regret it and i didnt care about the consequences. I didnt care that the teachers and principals said it was wrong. Because you gave me confidence and the ability to believe in myself. You were always a shadow behind me, my protector every step of the way.

I love you Rob. Like a fat kid loves cake

Your favourite Sister, Inez

“You know, you'd be able to write your goodbye letters way better with a desk.” Atlas voice travels like a dark wind on the breeze as he stands beside me on the bridge, looking out into the night with a lit smoke hanging from his lips. His jet black hair sails along his forehead as he moves to smother it back every few seconds. His gaze never strays to me but stays zoned out towards the skies.

“no shit sherlock” I reply deadpan as the tears that trek down my cheeks quickly dry up as the frosty wind whips across my face. He says nothing as I fold the note in half and with a few tries of his lighter, i set the note aflame and let it drift towards the pitch black water, the distant sounds of the waves a backdrop to the otherwise quiet bridge.

“whose next?” He asks softly. Almost to soft that i almost dont hear it as the wind picks up and the sound of the waves roar back in protest.

“My bestfriend.” Is all i say before placing my pen against the next sheet of paper, ready to begin again.

To my ride or die, my best friend and the best sister anyone could ask for…

Dina,

When dad was finally able to bring me home to yous after paying off mum, ill never forget seeing you after a year apart. Youd grown taller. Your hair that was cut short almost bald from moms bipolar episode grew out and it was so long it reached down your back. At the airport you hugged me and told me i was finally home.
    I didnt believe you. Yous left me with her.
    To starve and cry and get hurt.

The first year you fed me and clothed me.

The second year, you watched me when dad went to work

The third year you threw a remote at my head because i was hungry and you were on the phone talking to your friends but again, you fed me…watched me and clothed me.

When i was 13 and got my period, you laughed when I cried and showed me how to use pads.

You disciplined me when i almost set the house on fire burning tissues.

Then like lightening time went by fast and you had a beautiful daughter. Then another. We weren't always close but then came a time when i had to be there for you.

I was 21 going through college and i came home. You were crying in the room. Your husband left you and mom was trying to come back into our lives.

I saw how it overwhelmed you. I saw the trauma. So i hugged you. I cleaned your wounds and cried with you. From that moment on its like a gate that locked the both of us out opened, and we were inseparable and suddenly your kids were my kids, we took them to the park, played games together and just talked for hours from sun up to sun down and we became each others bestfriend. We grew closer to the point where we cried when you moved out and then cried again when i finally did too even though it was only down the road. Thats how close we are and i PRAY you remember those memories when you think of me. We have been through thick and thin and theres no one else i would ever want by my side.

I love you Dina, my ride or die

“I feel like i should be insulted…” Atlas cuts in just as ive finished burning the paper. My eyes sting and my nose runs as i heave air into my lungs. The walls feel like theyre closing in as i cling onto the rails with one hand in a fierce grip, my feet inches away from the drop leading to the raging black waters.

I-If i knew y-you were this cocky, I w-wouldve never fallen in l-love with you” my voice is broken and grainy from the salt of my tears and constant harsh breaths as I glare at the man beside me.

“baby, you knew i was this cocky, it comes with the good looks you know” his deep blue eyes are alight with laughter as he gives me a cocky smile, the dimple on his cheek appearing in welcome as he chuckles.

“good looks doesnt make up for a piss poor personality” i bite back just as quickly. His laugh carries along the wind and hits me right in the chest, warming my freezing cold body for a few precious moments before I feel myself turn cold again.

His eyes dim the tiniest bit when he notices the change.

“So, whose next love?” He asks nonchalantly as he takes out the cigarette from behind his ear and sets it alight with the lighter he snatched back from me after i burned the note.

“My dad” i whisper, staring down at the paper as a new feeling of sadness washes over me like a heavy blanket.

“fuck the note, tell me about him instead” Atlas asks after a puff of smoke leaves his lips.

“He…he was like my hero” I reply almost in a daze, drifting to my memories with him as I begin to tell him about the man who raised me.

“mum was an alcoholic. She wasnt ready to look after us so my dad had enough and took my brother and sister with him to Australia. To live a better life. He promised he would come back for me. He did. But he was gone so long i started to hate him.”

“tough love huh” ignoring him i continue.

“when he finally came for me i was so mad. I resented him for it for years. And finally one night he came into my room super drunk and cried. Saying how much it broke him to hear his little princess say she hates him for leaving her.”

“seeing him like that…it hurt something deep inside me but knowing how…destroyed he was how much pain he was in made me break free from my mom..and i did right then and there and chose to love my dad as strongly as he did enough to come back for me.”

“how did you manage it” Atlas asks curiously.

“oh you know.. just do the opposite of my siblings really” i snort out a retort as a traitorous tear slips down my cheek and falls off my chin.

“graduate school, graduate uni blah blah blah, And i did it and he was…damn proud. Its the one thing i cherish…knowing how proud i made him.” I cant help the small smile that slips onto my cheeks but Atlas ruins it when he squeezes them with his freezing cold hands.

“He worked as much as he could by himself to make sure we had a roof and food over our heads, he fed us washed our clothes and always put us above everything. Ill always love him and cherish his sacrifice. He did what parents are supposed to do. Protect and love their child to the very end.”

“oh god not again” Atlas the fucking asshole whispers as another wave of anguish roars through me and i don't stop the tears and moans of loss as it overtakes me.

Everyone.

Everyone is gone.

They left me.

They.

Left.

Me.

Im nobody.

Nobody.

Inez…

Nobody….

Inez..

Die.

I should just die. Then i can be with them.

Die.

Inez!

Die!

“INEZ!” Atlas’s voice roars through the darkness that blankets my gaze and i can feel his cold hands grip onto my shoulders painfully as i slowly come to and see him standing next to me over the rails of the bridge. I cant move and my lips dont either as i stare it him blankly. Theres nothing left. I cried everything out and im finally left with nothing.

Its…peaceful.

“Inez! Get a grip of yourself damn it!” Atleast yells roughly as he shakes me. I cant move or say anything its like my body has frozen over with ice.

Maybe this is it. This is the sign i needed to know..its going to be okay. That ill be in a better place soon.

“..remember. Okay? I remember! Listen to me Inez! At least let me say my goodbye! You owe me that!” Atlas’s voice brings me back into the moment as i find myself staring at him still. Remember what? And i don't owe him jack first of all. My eyes manage to twitch the tiniest bit and the flicker is enough for him to notice as he almost rushes on.

His deep blue eyes have turned an almost black and theres pools of water that refuse to budge as his body becomes more loose, and suddenly the cocky, annoying Atlas is gone.. and in his place is one thats…destroyed..heart broken?

“…loved you. Since the moment you stormed off from my room when i brought my girlfriend over. You were always my little sisters friend but..but over time i dont know..over time it changed okay!” Theres a war warring inside of him as he grits his teeth, his eyes unfocusing the tiniest bit but his hands clench a little more tighter on my shoulders as he continues.

“But then…she died. And you were still there and..and i hated you! Damn F- i hated you! It shouldve been you!”

Shock. Like ice colder than the Artic.

and then, anger. A molten lava streams through me in rebellion as i get a grip and shove Atlas off my with a roar. His not ready for it and struggles but just manages to grip the railing in time, stopping his body from falling.

“She didnt tell me she was going you f-“

“i know! Just let me bloody explain!” He roars just as loud as i do as he grips my hand that i didnt know i raised towards him.

“I..yes i hated you. And it wasnt fair and it wasnt your fault but i had no one to blame..and i needed someone to blame.”

“but then.. you stayed around us and you grew up and next thing i know.. youre not the annoying little girl who didnt know when to go home.. youre this adult and youre going to school…and you have your life together but somehow.. you still stayed around us and then.. then u lost…” he doesnt finish his sentence.

“my family.” I finish for him. Choke out more like as depression threatens to overwhelm me again.

“yeah…and we lost touch..you left. You left m-everyone.. you left your other family.”

“and its been what? 7 years and where do i find you? Rehab. And youre her but youre not..her anymore. You..you got lost” a softness for Atlas peaks from the dark corners of my chest as i look at him in a new light. I had a crush on him when i was younger, anyone with eyes would and hell i do even now after all these years but…huh?

Yeah we met at the institute but he was always an ass to me. But with both of us with the weight of loss on out shoulders we..talked again and even bonded. He could always count on and i always thought about him and compare him to when we were younger. Hes changed..hes angrier but hes also a man now. A strong..tall…se- ohhhhhhhhh. Damn.

“Love you, Inez! I tried to ignore it but damn it i love you! I love your scars, and your sarcasm, damn it woman i love your depression!” He admits with a yell that carries like a siren on the wind as i stare at him in shock.

“IM HERE! I have always been here! I looked for you when you left..and when i finally found you..you were done with your life. But im not done with you” he finishes as a determined look overtakes his face but before he can try whatever he plans, i interrupt him, my body going loose and my heart going numb as i stare back at him in acceptance.

“No.”

“No?” He whispers in defeat.

“Im tired…so tired Atlas” my shields almost crumble at the look on his face which i ignore as i turn back towards the water, my body only staying against the cement as i tell him my last letter.

“To the boy I loved before..”

“I love you” He says after a few moments of silence once i finished telling him my last goodbye. Theres tension filled with electricity between us that wasnt there before and i try hard to ignore it but sometime along the way his hand found mine and now we’re both standing facing the water with out hands held tightly between one another.

“Is it enough?” I ask silently, scared of his answer. Atlas was the only person to see me in almost all phases of life. He understood loss and mine so intimately sometimes i think our ideas of love got twisted along the way, especially if we ended up where we did near the end of it. Love is …weird and fickle i guess.

But its mine. Its..ours. And no one else needs to understand it the way we do.

“Always. Its always been enough.” He gives my hand one last squeeze as we turn towards eachother. His cold rough hands find my cheeks as our heads gravitate towards one another and our lips meet. Its fire and electric and a storm all at once. His breath feels hot as it rushes over my face and i find myself clinging to him in distress as we stand so close together that we lose where we start and end.

To the boy I loved before and the man I love now.

Its enough.

[Spoiler: A girl lost to grief finds herself at the end with an unwanted neighbour..her childhood friend. He’s seen her at her best and worst, and she’s finally seen him even through her depression but…is it enough?]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.