[Contest] Write in the Name of Love

Discussion in 'Contests' started by Azari, Dec 20, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. He kisses me good morning. Just like every day since we've been together. Our days are so simple, but to me there's nothing better than these moments.

I just wish we could stay in bed all day, hugging, playing, and sleeping. Sadly he has work, it's the one thing that separates us, and it always feels like eternity before he returns to me.

With a broken heart, I kiss him goodbye as he leaves. I rush to the window seeing him one last time before he drives off. Work. Oh how I hate it so.

Without him I have no motivation to do anything. I slowly tread towards our room. His scent is still in the air and soon surrounds me as if he is here holding me again.

Okay. Can't be a lazy girl. I tell myself. This room is always a mess because of me.
    I start to pick up my things that I left just laying all around the floor.

Look at this bear. The bear has dark navy blue fur with the head almost torn off of the body, ebony eyes with one missing, and in the middle is a light blue heart. One word is written inside of it. It's my name. Mune.

This was the first gift he gave me when we met. I was nervous at first. My last relationship didn't go so well. I flinch when he first tried touching me. They used to always come with pain. He never blames me though. He never blames me for being scared of his touch.

Gradually I got used to his touch and now it's the fear of never feeling them or seeing him again that gets me.

I don't know how many hours pass by. The days feel so long without him. Just when I feel like all hope is lost, I hear the sound of the door opening. I rush towards him giving him the biggest of hugs and hundreds of kisses.

He's back. He's finally back. I jump up and down so excited that he's home. We sit on the couch and watch some tv. I can tell he's tired. His eyes loses a bit of joy each time he returns home from work.

That damn work. Always sucking the life out of him. I nuzzle myself closer to him, showing him it's alright and I'm here to take the pain away. He kisses my head and smiles.

It's time for our date. We do this everyday. A simple walk through the park in front of the house. I love feeling the cool breeze on my skin while moon shines in the night sky. I'm already at the door eagerly waiting.

This is the best way to end our day. With nothing but silence around us, as if we are the only two left on Earth. I can tell he's just as happy as I am whenever we take these walks.

The walk is usually short, but that didn't matter. It's a stress release for the both of us. Especially him. I don't know what he does at work, but I feel like it takes a bit of his soul from him each day.

We're almost back to where we started, which means it's time to go home. Back to the same old routine, but it's alright because I know he's with me and nothing will change that.

As we get near the entrance, a hooded figure suddenly blocks our path. Thinking it was accidental we start going around him, but he stops us. We stare at him confused. Then he pulls something out. A weapon.

The hooded figure starts screaming and yelling and I can tell my man is getting nervous and scared as we take a couple steps back. The hooded figure jams the weapon into my his chest and I lose all control. I jump on top of the figure and start biting and digging my teeth into his arm. No one's going to hurt my owner.

Bang. Silence.

I slowly fall to the floor. Pain all over. The hooded figure is long gone, but at least my owner is safe. My owner rushes to me and holds me tight. Tears start falling down and hitting my face.

I saved him. Just like he did to me long ago. My vision starts fading and I have no strength left, but I give him one kiss. Assuring him that it's okay and I'm probably just tired.

I try my best to keep my eyes open. We still have to get home, but they are just so heavy to hold open now.
    I'm sorry.
    I'm sorry. I just feel so sleepy. Let me close them for a moment and in the morning I'll lick your face like I always do. I know tomorrow will be a better day.
    Let's have even more fun tomorrow.
    Goodnight, I love you.

2. I remember my first love when I was 14.

It was like a fruit punch offered to me by a friend at a house party.

It was red, and I couldn't tell from sight that the drink was actually pomegranate—a flavor I detested—instead of strawberry-flavored, until I tasted it. It was too sweet, too concentrated. It'd have been slightly more bearable with just a little water.

I didn't want to seem rude and throw the drink away, so I drank it all, trying to hide my discomfort.

The fruit punch was just like how I didn't know if my first love treated me the way boyfriends should, if the hot-and-cold treatment was normal, if it was normal for me to push against my own wishes to give him the kiss he wanted, or if relationships typically end with a one-sided break-up text and me begging him to stay.

I never accepted or forced myself to drink another pomegranate juice after that break-up.

My love I met in college was a vodka shot. Thirsty, I reached for a glass of water, only to pull away when I smelled the alcohol.

Did I know it was a bad idea? Yes. But when you're 19 with your first chance to give vodka a try, you do it.

I took sip after sip, trying to confirm again and again whether or not vodka is a drink I'd like even when it burned my throat and make my face feel hot. Even when I already knew it was a bad idea and I really shouldn't.

I forgot about pomegranate juice, and let the vodka bring me to new highs, but that ended just as quickly when I vomitted so hard tears streamed down my face.

I remember the irony when I found out later that the damn drink was a pomegranate-infused vodka, and I've only not realized it because the alcohol taste burned off everything else and I could not taste the familiar red flavor.

The first drink I reached for when I was done vomiting was a glass of warm water.

I remember being cautious at 24, when I met my next love.

This time, I made sure again and again that he wasn't the stupid pomegranate flavor or contained a stupid high 40% alcohol.

Well, he wasn't. I don't think I could even classify him as a drink.

He was a comforting but unfamiliar flavor—a chicken soup made with a different family recipe, containing ingredients I've never tried.

It was a flavor I grew to love. Sometimes, the soup would burn my tongue when I get impatient. When I felt cold, the same soup warmed me up from the inside, comforting and soothing me.

I had no complaints, except... It was always made just a little too salty for my taste, even when it was perfect for my other loved ones.

I remembered the taste of pomegranate when I kissed my first love even when I didn't want to, and I remembered when I kept taking vodka when I knew I shouldn't.

This time, I remembered to make sure I'm drinking my soup how I like it. So, I added some plain ol' water. Just enough to make it less salty, more palatable, and so much more enjoyable.

I tried and stopped trying to fix his recipe. He already removed an ingredient or two from a recipe he grew up with, and we've improved the recipe by adding another few new ingredients.

He loved his chicken soup slightly saltier that I did, so all I did to make this comfort food better for myself was to add just what I needed into my bowl.

He had his recipe, and I had mine.
    And that's okay.

Some days, there wasn't any chicken soup even when I yearned for it. Some days, I get sick of drinking the same soup so many days in a row.

We tried different recipes. We tried different cordials and juices. But we always came back to chicken soup and plain old water.

Water was my first sip in the morning, my default beverage when there was no fruit juice, caffeine, or soups to be had. It quenched my thirst, and was always enough.

A few years later, just before my love put a ring on my finger, I gave water a new name.

Self-love

At 28, I realized that just like water, love doesn't need to be flashy or extravagant; It's perfect as it is—simple, ever-present, and nourishing.

My love didn't buy me luxuries or bring us on expensive trips, but everyday, without fail, he would kiss me before he head to work, and we end the night with "Goodnight, sleep well, I love you".

We always make chicken soup together now, but on days he didn't feel like it, I know I'll be able to make some for myself just how I like it too—as long as I make sure that I have water first.

—The End—

Azari likes this.
  3. ** Feeling used **

Hûrwen had lost much since being born into the world of Middle-earth in the beginnings of the Second Age; an honorable father and a duty-bound brother, both men she can only faintly recall in the realm of dreams. Her Sindar mother lost the will to remain in a world where her beloved no longer breathed, and the last motherly thing she did for her wide-eyed daughter was deliver her to the halls of Rivendell.

Decades passed, then centuries, until a thousand years had amounted into a willful half-Noldorian elleth who continually drove the Lord of Rivendell into frustrated rants.

She even instilled her mischievous tendencies into Elrond's sons, the two boys shadowing their honorary older sister with loving hollers and rapidfire questions that were readily answered.

Hûrwen worried Elrond and his lady wife, the pair predicted her future was riddled with mysterious turns and an uncertain path.

Hûrwen's untamed spirit was what one would imagine happens when a flame is crystallized into a womanly shape, but that ferocity keeps her isolated from most of the lesser elves who brand her as an outcast. She never conformed to the duties of her station as a Noldorian Lady, and knights who would come to pledge their services to her would be met with a scoff and a carefree pardon of all oaths to their mistress. None ever returned, and the uncharacteristic sorrow one could see in her eyes -when she would pause in her whirlwind of hobbies to gaze at the distant ocean- is a painful sight to behold.

Her heart is unreachable, they say.

Truly, a Noldor elleth who dares fight in the Guard must wish to meet the Valar more than she wishes to reach her duty of bearing a child.

What a failure, a loss of her parents' efforts.

** I Can See The End of This... **

It was perhaps a few days after Celebrían had not returned from her visit to Lórien, when Hûrwen was approached by her adoptive-father with the request of seeking out his wife. She did not hesitate in riding away from the halls of her childhood, gleaming crimson hair swaying in the wind with a spirit of its own as her steed flew on the road the Lady of Rivendell had departed on.

Never did she reach Celebrían.

Instead, Hûrwen met a camp full of orcs who chased her from Lórien to the edge of the Greenwood.

It was here, after days of skillful evasion and systematic attacks, that an arrow found it's mark in Hûrwen's chest plate. Her beloved mount had perished long ago, so the cry of anguish from the lone elleth on-foot rang out like a gong for her followers.

The remaining three orcs-out of an original band of fifteen- cornered Hûrwen at last, her legs swaying recklessly while she held fast onto her sword Guruthiel. Her vision swam with the horrid visage of snarling monsters, the deftness of her parries and lunges slowing into blind stabs at snatching hands.

Sunlight filters down from the canopy trees overhead, and Hûrwen pauses to appreciate the beauty which -she was sure- would be the last she would see. A flicker of something distracts the elleth from the ethereal light, and suddenly the orcish blobs fall to the ground. No burning agony strikes her, and the notion that she must have been saved lazily ghosts into her mind. Her grip on Guruthiel finally falters.

Hûrwen fell asleep with a smile on her pallid face, and the sound of a tinkling voice whispering assurances of safety into her ears.

** All This Time is Passing By... **

When she next opened her eyes Hûrwen hoped to be greeted by her mother and father, but she quickly recognized the ache in her chest would not be there if she had truly reached the Halls of her people. Her groan of annoyance swiftly brings a healer to her aid, and the elleth attempts to rise from the cot to gather her wits and sword. With a disappointed tsk, the aged healer ellon gently pushes her back down and quietly admonishes her for behaving like an elfling.

After he moved on from his fussing and administered a calming draught, Hûrwen relaxed into her bed and sighed. Her mission was far from her mind, sense slowly returning as the calming herbs worked their magic. When her head finally stopped pounding, she happened to spot a shadow looming imposingly in the corner of the healing room. An Ellon of impressive stature stood silently in the dimly lit corner, a stately aura mingled with a menacing promise of things unknown within his icy gaze. Those pools of sapphire speared Hûrwen into stunned silence just as she was about to address his presence. The healer, who had been subtly observing his patient for any changes in condition as he sorted supplies, turned from his charge to address the presence behind him. His momentarily scalding scowl morphs into a reverential gaze which is quickly hidden by a swift bow.

The old elf murmurs greetings fitting of a King -which Hûrwen fleetingly realizes the shadow must be once an authoritative baritone voice dismisses the healer.

She was left alone with the unnamed royal. Her grey eyes rose from her lap, which she had been staring at intently since the old elf had greeted the shadow-king, and she realized that the King had come to stand by the foot of her bed. His face was breathtaking, but it was the power he radiated from every inch of his being that set off the skipping beat in her heart. He introduced himself as Thranduil, son of the late Great Oropher, and ruling King of The Greenwood.

It was there, in the dimly lit rooms of the healing halls, that Hûrwen fell in love with a King who had lost much.

** Caution Tape Around [ Your ] Heart... **

When word reached the Greenwood of Lady Celebrían's fate, Hûrwen became distraught and feared the anger of Elrond. She believed he had every right to see her as the foolish elleth who failed to rescue his wife before Celebrían was subjected to the torment of orcs.

The Noldorian did not return to Rivendell's halls, and Thranduil did not object to her lingering presence in his home after she proved her adeptness with a blade and bow. He put her to work in his personal Guard, and after a period of adjustment to the Greenwood the fiery elleth became a part of his army. The two found their time spent together thinning after some months, though she never strays far from Thranduil's thoughts nor he from hers. She gained the trust of his soldiers, and Hûrwen became one with the Greenwood. An easy feeling of reckless exhilaration sparks within her when she races unbound under the canopy of the forest. Her heart soars high in these woods, and few could hope to capture her untamed radiance as she rides on wild elk and aids in defending Thranduil's borders from enemies that cross her path. The forest adores her, and the trees whistle in content when she leaps from their boughs with ease. Many claim Hûrwen becomes a spirit of the woods every time she departs from the halls of Thranduil's fortress; meanwhile, the Elvenking grows all the more curious after each whisper of a fire spirit coming to life within a beautiful elleth Warrior.

He found her one day, when he had felt a strange urge to ride out to a beloved spring of his on his proud elk Carathor. No soldier was allowed to follow their King, and no one paid much mind as the Guard knew that the fiery elleth Hûrwen was on patrol. It was this coincidence, the two out in the wilds, that somehow led Hûrwen to the very spring favored by the King. Thranduil appeared at the haven merely seconds after she arrived. Surprise illuminated her grey eyes which watched him from the low hanging branches of an ancient oak, the sound of running water being the only noise. It was the King who broke their silence, inquiring about how she found this oasis, and after dropping down from her perch Hûrwen smoothly replied that the forest had seemingly beckoned her in this direction. They laughed when Carathor gave an annoyed huff at the two elves, shaking his mighty head impatiently before stubbornly laying down at the bank of the cool waters to wait for his rider to dismount. Thranduil obliged his friend, and Carathor pushed him towards an amused Hûrwen with a mischievous nudge on the ellon's shoulder. The two spent the evening side by side, recounting stories of long ago and laughing till the stars illuminated the night sky. When the first lantern was lit in the distance, Thranduil stood from his seat of fallen leaves and lush grass with a hand extended to the lady at his feet. Hûrwen took his hand, and the two shared a look that sent a warm quiver into the King's heart.

Weeks passed, and after that night Thranduil somehow found himself depending on Hûrwen to care for his son when he was too busy with matters of state, and young Legolas became more like the spirited woman as each day passed. The elfling trains with his favorite caretaker when she isn't on patrol, and they share many a mischievous prank after every guard's rotation. The King watches from afar, feeling a strange yearning to take part in their running laughter, to be the one holding onto Hûrwen's hand as a young Legolas scurries behind her skirts with a red-faced guard giving chase.

Marking her thirtieth year in a self-sentenced exile, a letter arrives from Elrond which explains how he recently discovered that Hûrwen still lived. The wise Ellon wrote that, once word of Hûrwen's residence in the Greenwood found him, he realized that she had not come back due to some feelings of guilt over what had happened to his departed wife. The Lord begged her forgiveness for prolonging unnecessary guilt, he never once blamed Hûrwen and expressed his wishes for her swift return alongside his two sons and youngest daughter who miss their adoptive older sister. The Elvenking had watched the progression of the elleth in his forest, secretly enjoying the refreshing breath of fresh air she seemed to let in with her every movement while in his Halls. When he witnessed the sad look reflected in her eyes after reading Elrond's letter, he surprised himself and Hûrwen by grasping her freehand and declaring that- should she wish to leave for Imladris- he would not deny her, though he would be reluctantly letting go of a great treasure.

Hûrwen felt that burning in her heart that began with her first clear sight of the King, and -with a boldness that would make a maiden faint- she kissed him.

Thranduil lost the chains that had firmly locked away his desire to feel joy for anyone other than his son and Kingdom's security.

** You Want Her... **

Centuries pass, and the Greenwood has enjoyed their new queen with unbound enthusiasm. Elrond found peace in the happiness that created an unparalleled glow in his adopted daughter's entire countenance, and his concerns were laid to rest by the fact that Thranduil is a worthy match for the elleth raised by the Rivendell Lord. The two became well known among the other elvish kingdoms, gaining diplomatic and personal friends all over Middle-earth as the gates to the Greenwood opened to the awed masses. The Queen had thawed the cold King who had mourned the loss of his father and the mother of his son. Even the young Prince grew with their warm love, ever the archer at heart with firm encouragement from his favorite friend. None doubted the royal couple's contentedness with life, their home secured by well-trained soldiers alongside the reassurances of alliances made with neighboring wildlings.

This was why, perhaps, it came as such a shock when a horrid scandal became public knowledge to all elves of Middle-earth. After so many years of blissful marriage, the King of the Greenwood had taken a secret mistress. Hûrwen was devastated. Her sad eyes screaming betrayal was the last thing Thranduil saw of her before she rode away from their home without another word. She did not leave the Greenwood, no the Queen could not leave her people; however, she took up residence in an abandoned cottage on the shores of the enchanted river instead of returning to the arms of her unfaithful husband. Here she became loved by the common-folk that formed the bulk of her subjects, though she could never get far from the pitying glances women and men would send her as she finished tending to a sickly villager or harvesting crops after a healthy season. Her King would frequent her new home, and his desperate pleas for forgiveness were met with only silence.

Legolas was the only one with relation to Thranduil who Hûrwen allowed to come into her home and remain in her life. He watched over his mother, the woman who raised him despite not being his blood, and the one who did not abandon him despite the offense done to her by the one he calls father.

** You are slowly killing me... **

Some decades trickled by, Thranduil stewed in his misery which is what Hûrwen determined was fair punishment. At long last, her heart gave her the sign that it truly did yearn for her husband and had released itself from the sorrow and jealously of his infidelity. The Greenwood's Queen sent her King a letter, one that explained she still loves him despite the betrayal; that after so many years apart, she hoped to somehow build up the trust and love that had been lost with time. His response was immediate, and it was quickly known among the common Silvan that their Queen was at last making amends with their King. Their son was silently overjoyed, though his weariness towards his father never wavered.

It wasn't long before the couple's rendezvous in Hûrwen's remote cabin led to the relighting of their dying affections. Legolas was then announced to be fated to be an older brother, and the whole Kingdom celebrated for a full month at the declaration of their Queen's pregnancy. A year later, little Aeneth was born as a child with the Noldor's radiance, her father's eyes, and hair of silvery auburn. No people were happier than those Silvan elves ruled by their Sindar King and Half-Noldor Queen, a match that rose amused eyebrows and some sinister curiosities. The birth of their daughter only increased the notions that the Greenwood was perhaps less vigilant of their borders, their celebrations only confirming those suspicions as patrols seemed to become fewer and further in between. An unfortunate darkness then began encroaching upon the joyful forest, slowly poisoning the waters, trees, and the very air. Poor Aeneth, mused her mother quite often, who would not be able to see the Greenwood in its full glory as this disease continues to spread. Soon, bird song became rarer to hear and silences were filled with shrieks of strange creatures. Trees spoke little until nearly all of them fell silent. Sudden attacks on the bordering villages enraged the King's warrior-Queen, and she set off with a unit of loyal ellon to dispatch the offensive evil despite Thranduil's counsel of denying the darkness an outright acknowledgment of it's existence.

It was on one such excursion, when Aeneth was perhaps a four decades and a half old, that a mistake was made. Hûrwen departed with her guard to push back the Spiders...

** You need her... **

Not a day later, a breathless messenger reached the King, delivering his news with haste before returning from whence he came to aid his Queen. Thranduil, meanwhile, had turned to his armories and taken up arms with the bulk of his forces at his back. His wife and Queen needed assistance, defending their borders had suddenly become defending their kingdom from an army of orcs and dark spiders backed by some presence supposedly reminiscent of a warlock. He did not wait for his men to keep pace, and on his proud elk Thranduil reached the field of battle where bodies of his Personal Guard lay silent beside the grotesque corpses of Orc and Spiders. The horizon seemed to writhe with their ugly bodies, the only break in the horror being the few elves remaining- all of which are locked in battle with two enemies on either side.

His Queen twirled between four brutes as gracefully as a breeze, the glint of a tempered blade spelling the end for her enemies before swiftly swiping to defend its mistress. The charge of his steed into the throng of battle preceded the howl of his men once they finally caught up to their King and mobilized to his aid. Thranduil reached Hûrwen easily, less than a hair out of place despite having shoved himself through a wall of boulder-like orcs, who reflected the wear of battle in her heaving chest and free flying locks which vaguely resembled having been in a braid. Somehow the two found something to laugh about after they made eye contact, momentarily confounding their opponents. With mirthful smirks on both their lips, the elves dispatched the dark creatures from the world. The foolish invaders were nearly overwhelmed after the sudden attack by the skilled elves of Greenwood, and Hûrwen couldn't help giving chase when one particularly entertaining swords-orc managed to flee. Thranduil happened to loose sight of her at that precise moment.

Her adrenaline gave her tunnel vision, blocking her reasoning of how foolish following a single orc away from her own forces into the darker side of the Wood was, and ultimately it was what Hûrwen would quickly come to regret. She lost sight of the sly Orc soon after the sound of battle became muted in the distance, and her blinding passion soon became uncomfortable realization. She tried to head back, but the many hostile eyes staring out at her from the abyss only a few feet away assured her that her wish for a memorable fight is granted...

** If I Were You I Would Never Let Me Go... **

Thranduil slew the final scum that had dared threaten his lands, and with this brief victory the King called for his Queen. No spirited remark met him, and immediately he felt a desperate need to find her which seemed impossibly urgent. A hobbling soldier pointed his King towards the direction he saw the Queen disappear to while he had been locked in battle, and the monarch wasted no time in plunging into the miserable darkness- something that had not been there at the edge of his land in better times. It was some three hundred paces into the thick wood that he saw something he wished he never would have had to. After wandering for what felt like hours, Thranduil stumbled upon his beloved. His Queen.

His Hûrwen was there. Reclined upon a fallen oak trunk, surrounded by darkness and impaled through the chest with her own blade. Blood dripped down her hands, and the expression of pain on her face broke his heart into smaller pieces than the registration that she was dead had already done. His roar of defeat, of loss deeper than this plane of understanding, was heard throughout all of his Kingdom. It reached the ears of his enemies and gave them pause, feeling a promise of death entwined with the Elven King's mourning call.

I Hate You, I Love You

I Hate that I Want You...

"It wasn't real... Her fire was never meant to remain on this earth, to be held by a fool with a crown of wood and berries. She burned me, worse than the Dragon on that fateful day ever did, but oh did I want her to. I was a moth and she was my flame, and by the Valar I would renounce my title as king to feel the heat of her life once more. It seems like nothing more than a dream now, but your mother was very real, Aeneth..."

Translations:

Hûrwen- Maiden of Vigor/Fiery Spirit

Guruthiel- Daughter of Death

Carathor- Red Brother

Eh, I tried to be original. Peace out!

** Disclaimer! **

Sadly, I own nothing from the original Hobbit or Fellowship books/movies. All of Tolkien's characters are his, though I developed the OCs Hûrwen and Aeneth.

This was an unpublished fan fiction I wrote a while ago, based on characters from Lord of the Rings. Tolkien is the real hero, all credits to that masterful author and his original characters. Good luck everyone!

P.S
    This was a fanfiction accompanied by a song, “I hate you, I Love you” by
    Gnash Feat. Olivia O'brien

4. While these are both really great works of art they are a little too close to poetry style. if you would like to resubmit these in a more story based way that would be fantastic but as they currently are they will not be acceptable. Again they are both good they just run too close to a poetry format and flow😅💚

Astra- likes this.
  5. "I Want To Die In A Dream Of Me And You."

Once upon a time, there was a young woman named Delisé who lived in a small town. She was beautiful, intelligent, and kind-hearted, but she was also lonely. One day, she met a charming young man named Rivhan who seemed perfect in every way. They started dating, and everything was going well. However, as time passed, Rivhan's true nature began to reveal itself.

At first, it was small things like showing up unannounced at her workplace or always wanting to know her exact whereabouts. But then, it escalated. Rivhan started to become jealous and possessive and would lash out whenever Delisé tried to assert her independence. He also became more controlling, going so far as to install cameras and tracking devices in her home and car.

Despite all of this, Delisé stayed with Rivhan because she believed that he loved her and would change. But as the years passed, his behavior became even more extreme and dangerous. He would constantly monitor her phone and computer, and he even tried to isolate her from her friends and family.

Delisé realized too late that she was in a horrific romance with a man who was just like Joe Goldberg from the TV show "You." She tried to escape, but Rivhan always found her and brought her back, promising that he would change. In the end, Delisé was trapped, unable to escape the grasp of her controlling and abusive partner.

This story serves as a cautionary tale for anyone looking for love. Always be careful of who you let into your life, and don't ignore the warning signs of abuse. If you or someone you know is in an abusive relationship, seek help and support from trusted friends and family, or organizations like the National Domestic Violence Hotline.

iWillow and EL-Dorado like this.

6. Hey there, these popped with our AI plagiarism tool and you both are now disqualified from this contest.

We take plagiarism very seriously and trying to pass off AI stories as your own is in fact plagiarism.

San and Nicewife like this.
  7. I am loving all the participation so far!! I can't wait to see what else people come up with ^_^

8. i’ll work on another one for you bb 💕

Azari likes this.

9. Once there was a puppet, her joints broken, the paint on her face and body chipping away, strings snapped and tangled around her mangled form. Alone, this was the only word she knew the true meaning to. As a toy you passed around from place to place, from owner to owner. With each new person who would hold her close, claiming to protect and keep her safe, the scars grew. The cracks in her porcelain skeleton became deeper and started to spread across her whole body. Broken she became. Soon enough the toy was thrown away, too broken for anyone to love anymore. Thrown away to be forgotten, no one wanted to play with a toy that was too broken to be fixed. Whose strings were snapped and frayed, paint so chipped away you couldn’t see her smile anymore. Soon enough, she was forgotten by all.
    Over the years she would watch, watch from where she’d been left and forgotten about. She watched as children would come and go. Passing through, playing with their new toys that their parents went out and bought for them, all shiny and new, all without a single bump or scratch upon them. However, once that toy was ruined whether it be a broken propeller or a missing shoe per say they stopped playing with them. Tossing them away and moving on to the next toy. Alone, that’s what they became. The pile of broken toys grew and grew over the years as the children played more and more. She was all alone in a world that didn’t want the broken anymore, slowly giving up and giving into the dark thoughts that no one would ever love or play with her again.
    It was a day like any other, the children were running around playing with their new toys. Laughing and having fun as she watched from the pile of broken toys. They were having fun, playing with each other, showing off the newest toys that their mommy’s and daddy’s had bought them. Though something was different this time. The puppet noticed a child who wasn’t playing with the other children. Who wasn’t showing off his new toy or laughing and joining in the merry making. Instead he was looking towards her. Towards the pile of broken and forgotten toys but, he had a new one in his hands, gleaming and shining. Watching the child, she noticed that he never played with the others, only sat apart from them and played alone. Not mingling and sharing his new wonders with the others. Just away and on his own.
    Days grew into months, and still nothing changed. The boy still played alone, still looked and watched the pile of toys grow and grow. One day they walked closer to the pile of toys, looking at the toys with a strange look. Almost a look of wonder. The puppet wondered why he wouldn’t go and play with the other children? She followed him as he looked over the toys until he kneeled down in front of her. Watching the boy carefully, she watched as he set down his new toy. Was he just going to add to the pile like all the others had done? His eyes scanned over the broken toys, picking up and few and looking them over before putting them down and looking more. His eyes, brown like that of the hazelnut with flecks of green around the iris looked upon her. Reaching out, his hand tender and careful, wrapped around her frail and twisted waist. Carefully he pulled her from the pile of broken toys, freeing her from her prison that she has accustomed to for so long. Her strings were a mess, frayed and knotted up. Her paint faced and chipped, her rosy cheeks pale, her smile faded and cracked. She was broken, broken and alone. Something about the way he held her, the way he looked at her. His eyes didn’t show anger or frustration for how tangled and cracked she was, but sadness.
    Holding her delicately, the boy carried her all the way back to his home. It had been such a long time since she had been in such a place but, something about it felt so familiar and warm, almost comforting in a way. Gently he laid her on the top of his desk before disappearing. When he came back he was carrying a brown bag that smelled of old leather and looked worn and old. Setting it on the desk he opened it up and started to pull out what looked like small tools. Picking her up he started to get to work. The boy started by cutting away her old tangled and knotted strings. Filled in and repaired the cracks in her frame. After she was cleaned and polished, he sewed in new strings. He was fixing her. He even fixed her chipped paint and faded smile. Her crooked jaw and twisted frame, he fixed it all. When he was finished she didn’t feel broken anymore. He’d shown her something she hadn’t felt in years, something she had almost forgotten was real. He had shown her love and compassion. The boy had pushed away the feeling of loneliness that has haunted her for years. He’s given her something she’d only heard about in stories that she would hear the children reading. The boy has placed a piece of his heart inside her and she'll never forget the love that he’s shown her. He healed the broken and made her whole again, that’s more than anything she could’ve ever wanted in her life.
    The end.

Azari and Inconnue like this.
  10. I make my way up into the attic with a plate of freshly baked chicken breast and mashed potatoes, two glasses and a bottle of wine smiling from ear to ear. "This is going to be great!" I think to myself as I open up the door. "Hey I brought us some food and wine to share. I thought with it being Valentines Day and all that we could enjoy a nice dinner and maybe watch a movie after. How does that sound?" Shane looks at me with his beautiful green eyes, smiling and nodding his head. I give him a gentle smile back.
    Since I could remember I have loved Shane. We met in first grade. It feels like it was just yesterday when I laid eyes on him and thought he was the most handsome boy I have ever seen. I told myself that day, he would be mine. We are both 25 now and just 5 short months ago it finally happened! I asked him to be mine and he said yes. I have to be the happiest girl on this earth. No one can tell me otherwise. So for Valentine's Day I wanted to show him how much I appreciate him being in my life. He makes me a better person and I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with this man.

"Megan, are you okay?" He snaps me back to reality.
    "I- I am sorry I was just thinking how happy you make me." I say looking away feeling shy all of the sudden. He let's out a small laugh and goes back to eating his food.
    "How's the food?" I ask him hoping I did a good job. I'm not much of a cook but I followed every single step from the recipe I found online. He looks up from his plate and smiles then looks back down at his plate again. He sure looks like he's enjoying it with the way he's eating it. He's almost cleaned his plate and I have just started. I take that as a good sign.

I found a few cheesy movies about love and let him choose which one to watch. We move over to the couch and the movie starts. We have been silent, watching for over 10 minutes now when he breaks the silence with a question.
    " Megan, don't you think we would be more comfortable downstairs in the living room or your room maybe?" he says. I don't answer right away. I just stare blankly at the screen. "Megan?"
    I let out a sigh and finally answer.
    "No. I like it up here Shane. I don't want to be down there." It's true. I rather be up here where he is. It feels better up here. He looks away and starts watching the movie again. I do the same.
    By the end of the movie we both look pretty tired. We sit in silence for what feels like hours. Finally he gets up.
    "Thanks for the dinner and movie. I really do appreciate it." He says while looking down at his feet. He has been looking at his feet alot tonight. I wonder why that is.

"Of course Shane. I really do hope that is true and thank you for the great night." I say while making my way over to the table to pick up the plates and cups to take downstairs with me.
    I glance at him once more and head towards the door. Without looking his way I tell him good night and I make my way to the kitchen. I toss the dirty dishes in the sink and stare out the window deep in my thoughts. The sound of a heavy chain dragging on the floor from above breaks my train of thought. I shake my head and get a glass for some water and then I make my way to my bedroom. I set my glass on the small white night stand that sits next to my bed. I realize just how tired I really am now. The sound of soft sobbing is now coming through the vents from above. Every now and again I'd hear the chain dragging on the floor. He must be pacing back and forth. This breaks my heart.
    After I'm done with my nightly routine I turn the lights off and get into bed. The crying and pacing have stopped now. He must have drifted off to sleep. I turn on the t.v which is left on channel 6 news.
    "Shane Lowery has been missing for just over 5 months now and the local authorities have had no leads during their investigation. He was last seen with a few friends at Arlington mall around 2:00pm on Monday, September 12th, 2022. His friends mentioned Shane said he needed to use the restroom and that he would catch up to them once done. Little did they know their friend would never make it back to them that day. Authorities checked cameras from that day and seen Shane leaving with an unidentified person out the front door of the mall. They have not been able to identify who this person is or if they are male or female. Chief of police has said once the two leave out the front doors around 2:15pm, there has been no other sightings of the two since. Family, friends and authorities are urging anyone that may know anything at all to come forward to help find Shane. Any and all information is important and no information is insignificant in this case. Anything at all will help with their investigation." The news lady finishes with a long sigh.
    I have thought on this for a long time. I planned everything correctly and so far it has gone that way. No one will ever know that Shane Lowery is here, chained at the ankle to a thick metal pipe in my attic. I finally have him to myself and I'll stop at nothing to keep it that way. No matter who gets in my way. I smirk to the thought and slowly drift off to sleep.

Azari likes this.
  11. "I didn't think I'd find myself going back here after all these years that passed. I guess you still held a place in my heart." I saw her again, it's like time stood still for her.

Her dark hair hanged straight and low with her bangs covering a bit of her face, she was still beautiful as the day we parted.

It all started when I was 13 years old my youthful self was bursting with energy. I would run around the school mischievously. Pranking my teachers and annoying some of my classmates. Come to think of it maybe this was the reason I never really had friends.

One time I annoyed one of my teacher to the point that I'd give chase. He was so annoyed at me that he was cursing so bad, I hid from the school janitor's locker where he kept his cleaning supplies. I glanced in a small peep hole on the locker's door outside to check if he was still looking for me. Turns out he gaved up, it was also the end of class so maybe he went back to dismissed us. I was full of my thoughts that I didn't realized I was trapped. I kept screaming and screaming but the rooms in my school were made to be sound-proof. I was losing hope I was scared to be all alone in this dark tight space. The locker could only be open from outside, although the janitor could discover me by tomorrow. I felt really really scared. All I did was cry inside for a good hour or so, then I heard someone coming closer to me.

"Help! Help! I'm stucked in here! Help me please!" I cried. I peeped to see who it was, she was unfamiliar to me but I saw her wearing the same uniform as I'am so I guess she's a schoolmate. She looked right at me and opened the locker.

"What are you doing here? It's already late most students have gone home" she said in a worried manner.

"Umm...I'm sorry I got in a little trouble that's why I got stucked in there" I bashfully replied.

Looking at her now, she seems like in the same grade as I'am but she still is unfamiliar to me. She led me outside the school building. I was too embarrassed to say something but this was the time we were about to say our goodbyes.

"Umm...thanks again for uhh-umm opening the locker for me and walking me outside."

"Don't mention it." She said with a smile.

"Aren't you gonna come?" I asked.

"No, I still have some things I need to do here" she presumed.

"Alright, it's getting a bit late though be careful" its like I wanted her come home together with me.

"It's fine I can manage thanks for your concern may we meet again sometime." Then she left me in awe and went back inside the school building.

I met up with the security guard on the school gate and he was wondering why I was still inside when all students, teachers and faculties have already left for home already. This made me wonder what was the girl doing in there. I didn't even get to ask for her name. So I devised a plan to meet her again.

When I got to school I got a little detention from what I did but it was all so worth it. After my 2 hour detention, I went back to the room where the locker was and waited for the girl to show up. An hour goes by and she still wasn't showing up. It was getting a bit late but I was certain to meet her the sun was about to set.

I walked by the hallways looking for her got up to the third floor and still no sign of her until I gave up. I was about to go when something got my attention, looking down at the second floor's window. I saw a girl in the swing all alone.

It was definitely her, I run down the playground as fast as I can to meet up with her. To her surprised she looked straight at me and smiled.

"What are you doing here?" she asked.

"Your name, I wanna know your name!" I shouted when our distance is just meters away. She was hesitant to tell me at first but then she spoke.

"It's Ava Greenwood, why are you still here?"

"I don't know too I just wanted to meet you and asked for your name." I sat in the other swing beside her and hid my bashful face from her.

"Your the first one, to ever come up to me and asked for my name" she said.

"Why your name is pretty decent if I do say so myself." I humbly implied.

"Well what's your name then?" She demanded.

"Well, I'm Brandon Smith it's a pleasure to meet you Ms. Ava Greenwood" I stood by her and reached out my hand.

"It's nice to meet you too Mr. Brandon Smith" as she shook my hand there was something about that feeling.

Her hand was cold to the touch probably due to the coldness outside but my whole body is warming up, and I think I might have started to feel butterflies inside my stomach. We sat in the swing for awhile and talked until...

"It's getting very very late your parents would be worried by now you should go home" she hinted while pointing at the dark sky above us.

"Will I ever see you again?" I asked.

"I can't promised you but thank you for keeping me company" she gratefully thanked me for my time and I waved goodbye to her running up to the school gate.

As expected the nightshift guard was still there and he scolded me for not getting home early.

Days go by and I routinely meet her in the swing after class. And we would part as the sky darkens. I learned that Ava loves to hang around the school a lot because she loved looking at the stars. And I agree the school ground is perfect place to watch the stars there is no outside lights and the school is made in a higher ground location. She also was top of her class, she loved Astronomy and her dream was to become an Astronomer for NASA. Unlike me, well I barely got anything good to tell her but I do make her laugh all the time. I get butterflies whenever she's around, she was the only friend I have. I stopped misbehaving in class because all I think about is making her happy. I guess I'm slowly losing my selfishness around here.

One day, I missed her so bad that I wanted to know where she could be and what she would be doing at the moment. Then an idea appeared in my head, I pretended to feel sick in my stomach. The teacher wasn't buying it until I whispered in his ears that it was gonna come out one way or another. Of course, he let me leave the classroom...haha.

I was laughing in victory. Like a ninja I was, I scanned every possible room there could be from the first floor to the fourth. And there was no sign of her I'm starting to doubt if she really goes in the same school as me. Maybe she was sick and had to be at home that was probably the most logical way of thinking.

To my surprise after class was over I saw her by the swing waiting for me? I think. So I walked down to the playground where she was at.

"Hey, Ava!" I called out her name.

"Hello, Brandon" she smiled at me and urged me to sit by the other swing beside her, so I did.

"How come I couldn't see you in class, I was certain that I've searched every room there is in the school building." I wondered.

"Well, I'm in a special class that's why" she answered.

"What class is it?" I asked again.

"Why are you so persistent on finding me?" In which she questioned me back.

"Umm...well I umm..." My cheeks turned bright red.

"Do you like me?" I couldn't control myself and just nodded back at her.

"Thank you" she stood up from the swing and kissed me by my forehead. I was dumbfounded I didn't know what to do. Then she left and I stayed there for awhile with my hands on my face.

Several days have passed and I still can't get her out of my head. Also, I haven't quite talked to her in awhile, she wasn't showing up to our meet ups. I was getting worried, I went to the teachers and asked about Ava but they always say that they didn't know anyone by that name. Until, I walked past the school janitor Mr. Filch. I use to hear stories that he worked here long enough to know everyone and anyone within the school building, so why not asked him.

"Hey, Mr. Filch if you mind me asking do you know any student with the name Ava Greenwood?" He flinched as soon as he heard Ava's name.

"Why do you ask kid? And how did you know about her?" I was perplex by his response.

"Well firstly, I'd like to know what class is she in and where I might find her I guess." His face became stoic as he prepare to say something crucial.

"Ava, was a good kid; she would ask nicely to me for the key to the rooftop and science lab, so that she could barrow the telescope from the lab and watch the stars from the rooftop. Though, she's not here anymore." He sadly announced and looked at me bewildered.

"Why not here??? What happened to Ava where is she??" I don't know what to feel but my heart is all over the place beating furiously.

"It is true that she used to go to this school a long time ago, but a tragedy came. The rooftop railings where very poorly made that time the school never bothered to check on them. Even if I clearly told them about the dangers of those railings. I guess it was partly my fault for not warning her but she was so passionate about her stars that I just couldn't say no. There was a lunar eclipse that she didn't wanna miss, the poor girl leaned in too close to the railings just to look at it more closer. She fell down...what killed her was not how high she fell but what she fell into the playground swing. After the incident the school closed down until its renovation. The school went back to it's normal business without the memory of Ava Greenwood. And eversince her death I would often see her around and tell her how sorry I was for not being able to protect her from her demise." Mr. Filch was filled with sadness in his eyes.

"Thank you for telling me all about this Mr. Filch. I think everyone should know about her so that she can finally find peace." In which Mr. Filch agreed.

Mr. Filch showed me pictures of Ava from the old school yearbook and we told the faculty about what happened. Everyone was in awe and some even got scared for confirming their sightings of Ava from time to time. The school made a memorial for her beside the playground and students are welcome to put flowers and gifts for Ava.

Graduation day came, I was to part to the school soon so I visited Ava's memorial and handed her flowers. I sat by the swing waiting patiently if I ever see her again. I looked up and saw in a distance, Ava smiling an waving at me. I waved back as tears slowly fell through my eyes.

"Goodbye, Ava Greenwood I love you til we meet again." For she was my first love, funny how there is so many girls in school and what are the odds of falling in love with the ghost of Ava Greenwood.

A name I would forever remember...

By:JIGGLYPUFFS

Azari likes this.
  12. Hi y'all i hope you like my poem about love. I know it isnt the same for everyone but this is what love is to me. I hope you like it and maybe relate to it or learn something from it. Oh and i hope my grammar and spelling isnt to bad haha. Enjoy, sending you lovely wishes ʕ⁠っ⁠•⁠ᴥ⁠•⁠ʔ⁠っ⁠♡

This is a story about love.

Love isnt always a storyline that can be found in books and movies or in the stories about how your parents or grandparents have met. You can find it in you daily life too. You can seek for love everywhere its hidden in small things in life.

Love can be found in friendships. You can have fun together and spend time together. Talking about your dreams, your hopes, hopes and fears. Talking about whats on your mind gives you the chance to build a deeper connection. To make plans together and help each other were needed.

Love can be found within families. Its about coming home and talking about how your day was. With family you can laugh and burst into tears when needed. The love your family gives feels like a safe place. You can calm down and be yourself. The love of parents, siblings, aunts cousins, nieces , uncles, aunts and grandparents can be unconditionally.

Love can be found in relationships. You can show affection love with words of affirmation, acts of service, receiving gifts , quality time physical touch. Those types of affection can be found in every type of relationship. But in love relationship you help each other grow as a person and be there best friend at the same time. You are working to a future with a person who is a addition to your life. A person with who, you want to walk the path of life.

And sometimes love is letting go. Letting go of persons who fill your life with negative energies. Letting go of your fears and what is holding you back. Sometimes letting go hurts less then holding on.

But lastly love can be found within yourself. You can say how proud you are of you achievements, your good qualities or how you where a kind and good person today. But loving yourself is also about growing, self reflection and trying to work on being a better version of yourself. and looking on the bright side of life , cause you are more loved then you think. You are worth to be loved by yourself and by others.

To come back to where this story started. Love can be found every where . In books, films, stories and in daily life. You just need to look closely. Because the moral of this story is that love is everywhere, it might not be the same for everyone.

But love trust me when i say love is everywhere around you.

13. I hope my poem/ story isnt to much build as a poem, Haha well at least it was fun writing😅☺️😸

14. Its a story without character but made with personal experiences and knowledge.

15. Whats the due date? V-Day?

16. Nm. Saw it. I just saw names xD

Azari likes this.
  17. *What Would You Do*

°Cecilia Martin°
    Sophomore student at Hawkins University. She knew a little about love. Too introverted to make new friends or attend parties. And just when she felt things were going smoothly, someone flipped the table.

°Xavier Terance°

Fresher at Hawkins. Extroverted. Hot. Sexy. Handsome. Everything a girl wants. Dating was among the least of his interests. But when he locked eyes with Cecilia, he knew he wanted her. Everywhere.

Day 1:
    At the cafeteria -
    Cecilia enters.
    Not having any friends to dine with, she finds an empty seat and sits anxiously. She hated crowds. Being around so many people made her uneasy. She wasn't there to eat, she was there to find pansy-the one and only friend she had-. There was no trace of pansy, anywhere. Her absence brought her more discomfort. Just when she was about to make her way to the door, she felt a soft touch on her shoulder.
    She looked behind and found a big handsome guy staring at the sit across from her.
    "I was just about to-"
    "Uh, hi? Can I sit here?"
    "Yeah, sure, i was just about to go anyways"
    "Oh? But you haven't eaten yet or have you?"
    "I'm not here to eat, I'm here to talk with someone''
    ''Uh i see, having a company won't bother ya i think"
    She managed to smile hiding the discomfort she felt in that moment.
    "So, are you a sophomore?''
    "Yes, and please don't mind but im not really a talker"
    "Oh NVM, neither am i. Xavier, by the way."
    She didn't speak.
    "Wont you introduce yourself?"
    'Do i really have to? I told you I'm not a talker"
    "I see, that's fine"
    None spoke for total 2 minutes. The silence was settling in. Just when Cecilia thought of standing up from her seat and exiting the current state of awkwardness she put herself in, pansy interrupted.
    "Ceci, hey, I'm so sorry for being this late, was on a call with my momma and you know how talkative they can be"
    "Ceci? That's quite a sweet name for a cold girl like you" Xavier said.
    "Am sorry, who are you? Ceci, is that your new buddy?"
    "Uh- NO, idk him, he wanted a seat and there was one across from me since you didn't show up"
    " I see, so Mr.Whatever-is-your-name, are you done?" pansy spoke quite angrily.
    'Yeah, yeah". Xavier stood up and scampered away.
    "So do ya like him?"
    "WTF?no. I told you he wanted a sea-"
    "Seat? Sure, that's how they start, girl". Pansy interrupted.
    "Can we talk about smthn else now?"
    'uh huh'
    ~~⁠~
    XAVIER

She was rather rude with me. Cold as fuck. Idk why it should bother me, though. I shouldn't be bothered by some vindictive girl.
    But that's the thing, even her coldness felt attractive. Wait, is there something wrong with me? There must be, since i never say such things. Ceci, hm. Nice name she got.

CECILIA

Life doesn't always grant you things you want the most. It weakens you, pushes you, to strive harder, to struggle for your goals.
    I wasn't the brightest when I graduated high school but somehow ended up at Hawkins on a scholarship. I was lucky, i admit but not the luckiest. There are students who go off to their homes for vacations but i can not. Since there is no home for me to go to. Mother was a drunk since i was 4, father left me with her. When I was 17, she died. And that just broke me, made me completely alone. A drunk mother is better than a dead mother. I miss her, sometimes. Idk why I'm thinking about this, at this hour.
    Today was fine, though except for that strange dude at the cafeteria. He was unusual. But who cares. I should avoid him. Something tells me, i should stay away from him.

These two, belonging from 2 different worlds cross paths and something begins. An acquaintance, at first. Slowly changing into likeness and then LOVE!
    Neither of them was interested to date. But things often change. So did this.
    If, something of the same sort happens with you, WHAT WOULD YOU DO!?

Azari likes this.
  18. I worked in this library for a while. It's not that much about the money, but the enjoyment i get from the job itself. The smell of books, bookworms lingering through the shelves every now and then, it has always been extremely therapeutic. As i was climbing onto the large ladder, trying to put back the book that someone has brought back onto the high, high shelf, i heard the front door open and close abruptly. I rushed down the ladder, as i walked back to the front desk. There he was, with a book in hand. His glasses were perfectly complimenting his nose, and his hair was leaving a shadow over half of his face, as he was admiring the cover of the book.
    "Hello, what can i do for you today?" I managed to muster up in my best customer service voice. He looked up almost immediately and smiled softly.
    "Hi, yes, i would just like to get this please." He gently placed his book of choice onto the desk.
    Now that i saw his whole profile, i found it hard to hide the absolute redness of my face. And by the looks of it, he seemed quite nervous too. Despite it all, i decided to keep my professionalism.
    "In order to do that you would need to apply to our membership!" I noticed the change in my own voice, as i picked up the book he got, then looked back at him. "I would just need some information if that's fine with you."
    "Yes, of course! That's exactly why I'm here." He slightly chuckles.
    "Okay, perfect! I'm just going to need you to write down your information right here." I said as i gave him the paper to fill up, along with a pen. I watched him observe the contents of the paper carefully, as he started writing. His strokes and movements were so elegant, i was almost hypnotized. While i was in my trance, i already saw him finishing it up, and handing it back to me. "Thank you!" I said as i picked up the paper and carefully put it in the dedicated folder. I handed him back the book, and he nodded at me approvingly. "Take care." He says.
    I saw him slowly start to leave as i got the paper and started analyzing his information, trying to find out as much as i can about him.

Name: Norman
    As soon as he started leaving my gaze, i saw his silhouette coming right back. I put the paper back in the folder, and acted as i was occupied with something else. He came up to the front desk, looking visibly fidgety and nervous. "I know this is probably not too polite to ask, but could i by any chance have your number?"
    My heart was beating like crazy the whole time he was here, only now did i realize it was getting louder than before.
    I couldn't believe *he* would want *my* number.
    "Yeah, sure." i smiled, trying to look unbothered but miserably failing.

I opened the door to my house, feeling so relieved that i am finally back home. It was a long night shift and i just couldn't wait to get back into bed, i was so exhausted. I yawned as i got off my work outfit and put my pajamas on, plopping into my bed. I started to drift off into sleep, closing my eyes. I started reminiscing on the events that took place, and i instantly remembered about the cutie i met at my workplace today. Despite all of my tiredness, i couldn't help but check my phone to see if he has sent any messages to me at all. I quickly grabbed my phone, and to my suprise, no notification. I frowned at the empty lock screen, but that expression of mine quickly changed. My screen abruptly flashed, and i felt the vibration of the phone against my skin. It's him.
    "Hello, Norman, guy from the library here :)"
    I was debating whether i should reply or not, but i ended up texting him anyway.
    "Oh, hey! Isn't this crazy, i just thought of you!
    "Why are you thinking of me so late in the night?"
    Am i sure this is the same guy that was at the library today? The shy, nervous, awkward guy? That can't be.
    "Well, it was a busy day for me and i just now remembered i gave you my number."
    "Hmm.. well, okay. I'll act like i believe you ;) I just hope you know i am honored to have your number."
    My eyelids were basically closing by themselves at this point, and i couldn't bear it anymore. I decided to text him goodnight, but before i could send my message he had already sent one back.
    "I know it's late, and i know you're tired so i wish you a good night, dear. Sleep well." As my droopy eyes went over the message, my heart melted at the kind gesture. I told him goodnight and went to sleep with a smile on my face.

I was woken up by a buzzing sound on my right side. My bedside table. My phone. Norman. It was a weekend, and it was already late in the day, so thank god he woke me up. I picked up the phone and said hello in my "i just woke up" voice. It's not like i was mad at this guy, but he did seem.. a little obsessed. It's not like i wasn't obsessed with him either, but i could just feel that he is immensely attracted to me and that he wanted to take things further. It wasn't long before i heard him say hello back. Only now, i focused on his voice more. His voice was raspy, deep but soft, like honey. I immediately felt my cheeks flush a bright red. "Sorry if i woke you up, you seem quite tired. Did you get enough rest?" - He said with a sound of worry in his voice.
    "Yeah, absolutely! I just woke up, so.. that's probably why."
    "No worries!" - He exclaimed, but then got quiet for a while. "I just realized i never asked for your name. What's your name?"
    I only now realized we never properly introduced ourselves, either.
    "Yes, i am Lilly, it's very nice to meet you Norman."
    I almost felt him grin through the phone. We continued taking, and we talked for a while. I didn't even realize time passing with him around. It almost felt like i already knew him, we just got each other and bonded so quickly. It made me so happy and excited. Out of nowhere i heard a sudden change in his tone. It's the same tone that i heard in the library when we first met. He was nervous.
    "Hey, uh, i was wondering if you could like to go out sometime?"
    I grinned - "Yes, sure! I would love to. Does 6pm today work for you?"
    "That works for me! Although i didn't expect it so suddenly." - He chuckled.
    I checked the time on my clock, realizing it is already 1pm. "I'll see you then! For now i gotta go, bye!" - I waited for him to reply before i ended the call.
    "Bye dear." - he said in a calm, sweet tone.
    I felt bad since i wanted to talk more, but i had to hang up in order to prepare myself for the date.

I was rushing to the park where we agreed to meet, and i saw the coffee shop he mentioned in his message. It was a really cute, small coffee shop and i never doubted that i would have an amazing time chatting with him there. I was so focused on the looks of the shop, i didn't even notice the tap on my shoulder. I turned around, noticing the familiar face.
    "Oh hi Norman!" I said in suprise.
    He gave me the widest smile as he greeted me. We walked our way to the coffe shop, and sat down. The ambience was super cozy, and we sat right next to the window. I was able to see all of the beautiful autumn oranges and browns outside, it was just beautiful.
    "You like this place?"
    "Oh, yes. It's really nice."
    He smiled at me, happy that i enjoyed the place he picked out.
    "Oh, right, i got something for you."
    He pulled out something out of his coat and handed it to me.
    "It's a book!" - I exclaimed.
    "Yes, but not any book, it's annotated."
    "Really? This is for me?"
    He nodded with a smile on his face.
    I got a better look at the book, it seemed pretty short and the genre seemed to be a romance/mystery book, my favorite genres.
    "I really like it, thank you."
    I said, suprised by all of the acts of kindness this man provided me with.
    "It's my pleasure."
    We ended up chatting, laughing for hours. Sipping on our coffee, occasionally stinging our tongue by the warm bitter liquid. The date came to a close, and we both went our separate ways. I decided to read the book on my way home, in order to pass the time. I still had butterflies in my stomach from him. I never experienced anything like this, and i wholeheartedly appreciated him in my life. With him on my side, i felt like i could conquer anything, and he was just so understanding with me. I opened the first page of the book, and saw his silly little annotations. As i kept on reading, i noticed that he definitely had a good taste in books, and probably in many other things beyond that. After an hour or so on the bus, i almost completely finished the book. I couldn't put it down, and it only had about 150 pages. So i didn't have anything to lose! I also really enjoyed his annotations, knowing that he gave this to me and trusted me with something this intimate brought me immense joy.
    I eventually came home and i continued on with the book.
    "Gosh, won't he just confess to her already!" - I almost yelled out, pissed at the characters who are obviously madly in love and just won't commit. I was at the very end of the book, and i couldn't wait to finish it so i could share my thoughts with Norman. I felt the butterflies in my stomach all over again, as i carefully read through the last paragraph.

"Ever since i saw you, ever since i came across your bright, beautiful eyes, ever since i saw your flowing hair and your bright smile, i knew you were the one for me. Your presence shook me to my core and reminded me that i was a creature born to love, to care. We were meant to be."

I noticed a sentence under the text, writen in pen.

We are meant to be. I love you Lilly.

I felt my heart pound against my chest to the words written by Norman. We were meant to be.

Azari likes this.
  19. TITLE: i think i gave my pet wasp a nicotine addiction and now he’s dead - based on a true story

Once upon a time, there was a girl named Miri. Now Miri, being the wonderful person she is, also has a wonderful dog named Chaco - however, his one vice is that he sometimes brings in things like worms or whatever on his fur. It’s fine tho.

Anyways, one day a mysterious creature appears on Miri’s bathroom window with no explanation of how it got there other than traveling via Chaco. WASP ENTERS THE SCENE. K so the wasp lived happily on Miri’s bathroom window for about a week. At first, Miri was kind of hesitant about it, because like.. yeno. But after about a week of no violent interactions, they became friends and Miri began to think of the wasp as her pet friend.

Whenever Miri would go in the bathroom to pull out her trusty vape (because Miri, being smart, avoids lung cancer causing cigarettes), she would look at her pet wasp and smile, then leave the bathroom unknowingly causing the bathroom to become sort of a vape hotbox. WELL. About a week into their friendship, Miri had to charge her vape, because that’s what you do. So, she took it out of her bathroom and plugged it into the cord by her night stand, as one does.

DUN DUN DUN

A few hours later, Miri was sitting on her bed, wearing loose full-length pajama pants (with a matching top of course, as Miri takes great pride in her fashionable sleepwear) and feels something sting her knee. Confused, she rolls up her pants and sees a sting-looking mark begin to form. Alarmed, she looks everywhere and sees NONE OTHER THAN HER PET WASP ON HER ANKLE ABOUT TO CRAWL UP HER OTHER PANT LEG. The pants, and also the girl whom was wearing them, were conveniently next to the vape mentioned earlier in this story. This poor wasp had become addicted! It’s brain did not work normally, and it was acting out smelling the substance it was drawn to and yet could not have.

But unfortunately, the love that Miri and her pet wasp had shared needed to come to an end. Things were broken beyond repair, and they had to say their goodbyes. The wasp died of a broken heart, and went to wasp heaven via flush. It’s a true romeo and juliet kind of tragedy, except Miri’s still alive, and the wasp is still alive in her heart.

THE END.

Azari likes this.
  20. It wasn't for her lack of trying.. not at all. It was all for her deep avoidance of the things that she hadn't learned to see again. Joy. Her eyes gently fluttered open as the tree branches above her came into focus. Falling asleep under this tree was not a choice she consciously made. A happy surprise, nonetheless. She peers into the sun, as it dips down past the horizon, casting a golden haze. This should have brought her great joy, and another time.. it would have. She has become a shell of herself.

She shakes her head briefly, disappointed. Dismissing the thought, she moves to stand, she places a hand on the trunk of the tree to steady herself for a moment before gathering her blanket into her arms and starting her short walk home. She takes her time, taking in whatever she can.. and feeling completely unmoved by the beauty.

She'll watch every sunset, with the hope that it will heal whatever is broken inside of her. Whatever is preventing her from finding joy again. When a stranger might look upon her with anything but pity. When she can speak of her own feelings freely and without remorse. Feeling comfortable with herself, so that she may share more of herself in the future. Without the crippling fear that hinders her from being anything more or anything less than what she feels others would approve of, or even want.

The journey is never ending, though. She's closer than she's ever been. She pauses in her slow steps, looking around again and she takes a deep breath. Feeling alone but never being alone. It's the darkness that haunts her. To be someone deserving of something more. To be someone that not only loves in a healthy way, but is able to receive love in that very same way.

The entire walk home, she holds on to the idea that she might deserve love and consideration. That she can matter too. She doesn't have to be the person who is just easy to be with, but that she could be herself and still be loved for it. Determined to express herself and not be seen as just a product of her upbringing. Determined to communicate this in a way that will be peaceful, not chaotic or explosive.

As she approaches her neighborhood, people on the street nod as a way to greet her, she walks faster. Slowing only to avoid traffic as she crosses the street. She opens the door to her home and tosses her blanket into the pile of laundry. She dives into her bed, under all 42 blankets and smiles to herself as she looks to the person beside her.

"How are you, how was your walk?"

"Fine," she says simply.

It's not a lie, she tells herself.

It's only a dream.

The End.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.