NEW FEATURE Brand New: Pets!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by ATARogers, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Hi fam! Introducing your latest obsession: PETS!

A fantasy dorm room college experience truly isn't real until you have aesthetic animal friends thrown in the mix! With this latest feature, grant yourself percentage bonuses through the power of your pets!

Please note that in order to experience this brand new feature, you will need to update your PIMD to the latest version at the App Store. If you are already on the latest version, simply restart your app!

Say hi to your new #squadgoals.

Collect pets, level 'em up, style 'em, show 'em off, gain some stat boosts! All of the benefit, none of the commitment of a real pet. You're welcome.

Where Do I Get Pets?

Pet Capsules.

This adorable Pet Capsule (that may contain an impossibly-even-more-adorable pet, amongst other things) will be dropping from Parties from now on!

In these Capsules, you may receive:
    Pets
    Your awesome new pupperino/birb/meowmaker.

Pet Noms and Treats
    Use these to feed your pets and level them up.

Everything you need to know about Pet Capsules
    ☞ Pet Capsules will show up in your Time Tracker menu (the same place where Timer Boxes live)! Swipe or tap right to access them.
    ☞ The main Pet Capsule takes 12 hours to open, or you can use ECs to speed up any remaining time.
    ☞ There’s also a Mini Pet Capsule that takes only 3 hours to open! This Capsule only contains common Pets and Pet Noms.
    ☞ You can have 1 Timer Box and 1 Capsule opening up at the same time.
    ☞ You can only own 1 of each Pet! So no, you can't have an army of Pugs.

Find your new BFF on your profile, just underneath your showcase!

NOTE: You can rename your Pets! Just make sure your Pet names are not in violation with our TOU, just like regular usernames.

Levelling Up Your Pet

These darlings will need love to grow, and by that I mean, you'll need to feed them (quickest way to a doggo's heart).

Use Pet Noms and Treats that drop from Pet Capsules to level up your Pet across normal (non-breakthrough) levels. Each Pet Family (canine, feline, etc.) has its own unique food!

The time it takes to feed your Pets increases per level! You're giving them more food to chew after all. Rarer Pets will also take longer to feed than common ones. They're just special like that.

Pay special attention when your pet is about to go through a breakthrough level! These breakthrough levels require super special breakthrough items. Once you have these items though, levelling up will be instant!

Breakthrough Levels

A Pet Supply Box.

Where to Get Breakthrough Items
    ☞ Breakthrough items will be dropping from Pet Supply Boxes. These Pet Supply Boxes are given as rewards for levelling up your Pets!

Where to Get Pet Supply Boxes
    ☞ Earn Pet Supply Boxes from levelling up all of your pets.
    ☞ Focus on levelling up every one of your pets.
    ☞ This is important because breakthrough items for Pets from a specific Family can only be found by levelling up Pets from other Families!

Par examplé:
    If you want to level up your Siamese Cat, you will need to level up your Dalmatian, Pug, Lovebird, and other Canine and Avian Pets to get the breakthrough items you'll need for your Siamese!

You won’t be able to get the special items you need to level up your Siamese, by levelling up just your Siamese and other feline Pets.

☞ Case in point: don't neglect your other bbs in favour of your favourite one!

Styles

How To Get Pet Styles
    ☞ Level up your pet to unlock cute-ass styyyylez.
    ☞ Some styles might be purchasable for ECs, while some will be available exclusively through our events!
    ☞ You can own a style without owning a pet, at which point you can find it in your Pet Styles section on your Profile. Once you earn the required Pet, that Style will be waiting for them!

What Does It Do?
    ☞ Makes your pet a e s t h e t i c AF.

A Word from the Designers

We're really stoked to be releasing Pets into the wild today, but we're not done yet! Over the next little while we'll be adding even more Pets and Styles for you to collect and show off. We're also planning to continue building on the Pets system with more cool features! While we can't share yet what this will exactly look like (life is unpredictable and all that), one thing we're exploring is ways for players to speed up pet feeding and other timers. We'd like to create a system where we can reward players for their time and progress in the game, and help you help your pets reach their full potential! Of course we can't make any promises at this time, but we wanted to give you all a little insight into what the future might hold for PIMD."
    – Your favourite denim-wearing designer, [ATA]Jean

Personally, I'm holding out for a pet shark-bear, so [ATA]Jean better be reading my post. Seriously, I've already thrown together some serious mock-ups.

Not a shark-bear but still adorable + ferocious. Like me.

2. I love

3. AHHHH I LOVEEEEE 

4. jeez so cute

5. Ohhh la la

6. So Freakin’ Cuteeee

7. Okay did ata just delete the thread and post this again because comments vanished

Out here making hatchimals

8. AHHH IM SO HAPPY

9. I want a pet human slave from ATA’s office

10. Omg I want the Lovebird so bad #newgoal

11. I want a pet turtle. ?

12. Holy shıt!!!!