Binge Worthy TV Shows

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by JoyBoy, Sep 6, 2019.

1. It’s on Hulu tho

WhoTfIsWesday likes this.
  2. I enjoy because it’s kinda ironic in a way. The new Netflix season sucks tho

3. When They See Us. I feel like people forgot about this too soon. This discussion needed to be had and everyone just went and slept on it.

4. The only show I have ever binged was Breaking Bad

SomePuertoRicoGuy likes this.
  5. Is that that black movie? [Black male asking]

6. Netflix mini series about the Central Park 5. So yes

7. Okay, so they only attacked men of black and Latino descent and one raped a white woman? Am I correct?

And if I'm missing something, please enlighten me

8. None of them raped her. The cops just took the first people of colour closest to the crime scene, interrogated them, had them testify against one another without adult supervision and had them all sent to jail for a crime they didn't commit.

WhoTfIsWesday and Muschi like this.
  9. Oh. Okay, so now it makes sense. Can't say I'd want to watch something that hits so close to home when those are everyday problems living in the U.S.

10. That's the point.

Seeing the problem. Spreading the message. Working together to find a solution. I'm not even from America but it makes me mad seeing that people have to go through this and that this has become what their daily lives are about.

Maddi_Matsu likes this.
  11. O yay. Canada doesn't have hulu yet so I wouldn't have known.

Maddi_Matsu likes this.
  12. Our best bet at equality is stopping all the negativity, toxicity, hostility, cheating, dishonesty and disloyalty amongst ourselves and unite... which is why I spread black love.

Until then, racists will continue to kill us and watch us pick ourselves apart.

13. We are starting to stick up for each other more in the media and another key is our black celebrities have to start ending all the beef. People who idolize them in the community take that shit to heart

Maddi_Matsu likes this.
  14. I'm not sure what you're getting at here because this doesn't really acknowledge what I've said, or address it in any manner.

The show tackles how unjustly poc were (and still are) treated by authorities and kept in positions of oppression, and how they had to stand together as a community because of the hatred shown towards them. Isn't that exactly what you're talking about here?

15. Yes, standing together as a community.

16. It actually happens in other countries too, not just America and not just to poc.

17. Yeah. The same issue with the Chinese police. This is just specifically to the TV series though.

WhoTfIsWesday and Maddi_Matsu like this.
  18. The 5 people weren't ALL black?

19. I saw you guys mentioned real good shows.I only have Netflix at the moment :( and these are my all time fav shows:
    • Newsroom
    • The Crown
    • House of Cards
    • Mindhunter
    • Hannibal
    And for simple comedy and dark humour
    • Friends
    • TBBT
    • Rick and Morty
    • Skins
    • Coupling 🤫

20. If anyone happens to have an amazon prime account, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel is great a show to binge and was written & directed by the creator of Gilmore Girls.

The first episode is on YouTube for free if you wanna check it out.