animated avatars?

Discussion in 'Questions/Feedback' started by starparade, May 18, 2020.

1. ive seen how pimd avatars have evolved over the years (through the thread of all documented pimd avatars)

and i wonder if the next step might be animated avatars? ones with sparkles or slight movements/blinking. (obviously they would be quite rare)

or do they already exist?

2. They don’t exist yet, but I’ve seen other games and apps do things like this!

In a recent survey they talked about the idea of animated furniture, so I don’t see why avatars couldn’t be animated too.

starparade likes this.
  3. I don't like the idea of animated furniture/avatars personally. I think it just sounds kind of childish. :(

bai, Diablo, Kefo and 3 others like this.
  4. I kinda agree, but making them bling or something would be kinda fun :)

5. I just want like a little glitter or sparkle affect. Soemthing like that on avis lol

6. Similar to how the hunt leaderboard T3 get on their profiles?

7. That would lag the game so much

WhoTfIsWesday, Muschi and Day like this.
  8. That’s always my concern too with stuff like this 😕

Maddi_Matsu and Muschi like this.
  9. I don't want the game lag

Maddi_Matsu, Day and Muschi like this.
  10. how so? we are playing a game.

11. And animated avatars, to me, sounds like something from a children's game, not a game for adults. This game already has a few features that I believe pander too much to children despite this app's 17+ age requirement.

Diablo, Day and starparade like this.
  12. People who would wear them can get lost.

Diablo likes this.
  13. I dunno. I don’t really see this as necessary or anything that would be a good additive. The avatars have already evolved to be this good, I don’t think an animation would enhance anything.

Day and Muschi like this.
  14. Agreed 100%.

It would just be a thing for show similar to the t1-3 rewards like Hailey mentioned.

Muschi and Diablo like this.
  15. I was thinking about the sparkle animation as well. I think animation should STAY unique to those kinds of things...you also have to think about the logistics of adding animation to avatars that a significant number of users would probably try out...how would that effect the game? I don’t know how it all works but couldn’t it add more of a data load to the system?? Or something?? I don’t know I just think that adding that is an unnecessary aesthetic appeal kinda thing and it’s just not something I personally would even think to use if it existed on PIMD

Muschi and Day like this.
  16. I don’t have an objection as long as it doesn’t negatively impact other areas.

If it was to slow or hinder gameplay in some way, I’d say it’s not a good idea.

There are more pressing matters that should be updated or added though I think.

Diablo and Muschi like this.