a night like every other (oh, dear)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by palesaint, Jul 23, 2018.

1. hello :) i remember drawing a boy on a whim and naming him Gin thereafter. so this is just a basic af and short snippet about him. let me know if you want to see the drawing of Gin!

Gin gazes out into the street through the diner's glass walls. Street lights illuminating every path of the way, blending in with the many-hued light coming from the row of shops that lay stagnant adjacent from him. It's 12:47am, and it's finally closing time for most. Slowly, one by one, the owners leave their respective business compartments, engulfed in darkness.

The activity of cars passing by on the driveway lessen, save it for a few cabs pulled over to the side. Depending on the last rays of people loitering around, in dim hopes they could make a few dollars before going home. Gin wonders if their patience really do run that long or if it's just plain desperation. He bids on the latter.

He sighs, arms running slack on the table, careful not to knock his half drank cup of coffee. This is his third cup now, the empty cups sit ever so still on the space beside him, accompanied by a cold and stained plate that are the dregs of the food that was once there before Gin ravished the sorts. It really was a slow friday, Gin absolutely did not want to go home despite the grumbles of his father to return. The weekend was right beside and he often wonders why his old man always wanted him right back after school.

It's the weekend, man. Give me a break.

Gin scoffs. He leans forward again nestling his chin in his palm that's been propped on the table, legs crossed and stares out. Warm, half lidded eyes with thick lashes settles the view of the outside under his scrutiny once more. Thoughts in processing...

I really need to get some friends.